Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:15 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,263,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy26 View Post
My husband and all of his family pay taxes even thought they entered the country illegal, they got their ITIN number that the government sent them when they filed their taxes. They do the kinds of jobs that for many of you is dirty and disgusting, such as cleaning others people crap, which i think you wouldn't even dare to thinking about if you suddenly become unemployed. Many of you are so wrong about illegal aliens, we pay our own health insurance, we pay taxes, we don't even ask for government help like many people do and if any of us loose our job we don't go crying to the DOL, to send us a check because we have no rights. If we loose our job we do whatever it is in our hands to find another job as soon as possible so that we can provide for our children.
Paying taxes and working does not justify illegal entry into our country. Whether or not an American will do the jobs you claim they won't do is also irrelevant. We have immigration laws and soveirgn borders of which must be respected by foreigners. Immigrants must provide for their families in their own homelands if unable to come here legally. Sorry, but that is the hard, cold facts of life that must be realized. There are millions all over the world who would like to come here for a better life but we cannot take them all in and that is why we have immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 09:34 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,489,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman

Snopes said that the Wal-Mart immigration raid rumors are, indeed, false: snopes.com: Walmart Immigration Raids
From the OP.

However, contrary to the reported rumors, ICE has no agreement with Wal-Mart regarding worksite enforcement operations.

7,634 posts, read 2,977,428 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman
Snopes said that the Wal-Mart immigration raid rumors are, indeed, false: snopes.com: Walmart Immigration Raids

From the OP.

Quote:
However, contrary to the reported rumors, ICE has no agreement with Wal-Mart regarding worksite enforcement operations.
Your point?

Old 03-19-2010, 09:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,489,709 times
Quote:
My husband and all of his family pay taxes even thought they entered the country illegal, they got their ITIN number that the government sent them when they filed their taxes. They do the kinds of jobs that for many of you is dirty and disgusting, such as cleaning others people crap, which i think you wouldn't even dare to thinking about if you suddenly become unemployed. Many of you are so wrong about illegal aliens, we pay our own health insurance, we pay taxes, we don't even ask for government help like many people do and if any of us loose our job we don't go crying to the DOL, to send us a check because we have no rights. If we loose our job we do whatever it is in our hands to find another job as soon as possible so that we can provide for our children.
I suggest you, your husband, and his family, use that same work ethic to survive in your country of origin. The U.S. is not obligated to offer what your country is unable or unwilling to provide.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:22 PM

16,233 posts, read 27,271,077 times
Quote:
Wow, that's really admirable. Now remind me - why didn't you enter the country legally? Why don't you respect the laws of the country you broke into?

Old 03-19-2010, 04:26 PM

50,057 posts, read 46,562,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I do not believe you--------especially in this nasty recession.

Besides: you hubby needs to be booted out of the USA with a 10 year ban on reentry.

Plumbing jobs paid pretty well until the illegal horde drove down the wages.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:40 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,526,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Plumbing jobs paid pretty well until the illegal horde drove down the wages.
As was construction, even a job at McDonalds was a known help to the average working teen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration