Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 09:59 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,884,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have absolutely no concern for the illegal working poor, the illegal working middle class, the illegal business owner, or any other sector of the illegal alien population. My concern is for the citizens of this country. If that makes me selfish, so be it.

BTW, the elitists are the illegal alien peddlers/profiteers.
You don't care about the middle class in general. At least with any depth and meaning. It's great to stand behind such staunch immovable terms...if they were valid. Your concern isn't about citizens. It's fear of the other and fear of the future. To such a point that in order to rationalize all the changes both socially and economically, you feel that illegal immigrants embody those changes. However, illegal immigrants didn't cause those changes. You neglect to take BIGGER forces into consideration and decide to focus narrowly (and often wrongly) on illegal immigrants.

You don't care about the rural communities that rely on sales tax revenue from the typical lower middle class illegal immigrant. You don't care about the inner city seeing a stabilization effect due to increased immigration across the board. You don't care about the fact illegal immigrants put more into social security than take out.

Instead, you keep shouting a mantra stating that illegal immigrants are the cause of wage stagnation (not true by any means). You keep saying that English is disappearing (again not true). You say that illegal immigrants are the largest cause of bankruptcy of states (not true again).

When proven wrong, you just ignore it and shout louder. You then go on to state that facts and historical perspectives are irrelevant (except when you use them...in a revisionist fashion).

Look, just state where your "concern" actually lies...in your perceived fears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 10:03 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,678,474 times
My concern lies in my fear that I will be losing my country to illegal voters voting to take away my rights, voting to continually raise my taxes to feed their masses creeping over here.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:07 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,884,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
My concern lies in my fear that I will be losing my country to illegal voters voting to take away my rights, voting to continually raise my taxes to feed their masses creeping over here.
That's not going to happen. You should probably be more concerned about the death of the consumer protections agency. You might want to see what's going on about the health care debates and how watered down its gotten. You could be more concerned that our defense budget is at 30-35% of our spending...and increasing. Those are more imminent, actually happening, and will actually affect you.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,817,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I just can't stop laughing! Turn on the light and they scatter, if here illegally, better stay in the dark, we are coming after you. OR you can go home before it is too late. I like the idea of detaining illegals for 90 days before deportation. It causes main bread winners to lack financing for their set up "homes" forcing a chain reaction of self-deportation. If instantly released, they usually come back in very quickly with no repercussions.
The Anit movement is all about sound immigration laws...

Old 03-10-2010, 05:11 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,934,994 times
Awesome idea. Using the Internet and social media as a platform to conduct pyche-ops on illegals. Was a nice offensive push for the anti-illegal crowd, we need more of it.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:14 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,526,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The Anit movement is all about sound immigration laws...
That was not my idea, I read it somewhere as already being used or as a proposal. I like the idea and feel it would be a great deterrent.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:44 PM

65 posts, read 76,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Absolutely. This situation is true for most Americans as well.

Anybody who cares anything about the survival of a middle class in America needs to seriously support efforts to crack down on illegals.
I know that in MANY rural towns that their tax base is helped by immigration in general (legal or illegal, I can't speculate...no numbers off the top of my head). That's something to take into consideration, right?

Old 03-11-2010, 01:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,987,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
I know that in MANY rural towns that their tax base is helped by immigration in general (legal or illegal, I can't speculate...no numbers off the top of my head). That's something to take into consideration, right?
If discussing legal immigrants, of course. Illegal aliens are criminals and are a net liability who need to leave the USA post haste.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:54 PM

65 posts, read 76,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If discussing legal immigrants, of course. Illegal aliens are criminals and are a net liability who need to leave the USA post haste.
I don't think you understood what I wrote, because your point doesn't relate to the quote. Do want me to clarify?

Illegal and legal are constructs, right? At least for certain things (obviously bodily harm is more concrete and so is theft...illegal immigration is not theft, it's not recognized as such by the courts nor is theft unique to illegal immigration, nor do you have to commit theft with illegal immigration, just had to straighten that out). So if one day, which happened to me, a law changed and suddenly I'm a criminal (or not in my case) then it shows how fluid the def. of "criminal" and "non-criminal" are. You following?

Ok, if a town losses its tax base and employment base that's a loss. So if illegal immigrants were at said town and provided its tax and employment base, that's an asset to that town (the opposite to liability).

Old 03-11-2010, 02:09 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,678,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
That's not going to happen. You should probably be more concerned about the death of the consumer protections agency. You might want to see what's going on about the health care debates and how watered down its gotten. You could be more concerned that our defense budget is at 30-35% of our spending...and increasing. Those are more imminent, actually happening, and will actually affect you.
Well I do add those to the list of concerns. But seriously, how do you expect to continue to add more poor to the feeding station and maintain any kind of defense budget or anything else. I do worry about our rights being hijacked. And I hope the health care bill disappears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration