Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 07:42 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

29 seized in immigration raids in Anne Arundel, Baltimore counties - baltimoresun.com

Staying in the shadows will not afford them any protection. Anti-American, criminal supporters thought the raids would stop, that the criminal element would somehow be allowed to live off tax payer dollars. They were wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:55 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
29 seized in immigration raids in Anne Arundel, Baltimore counties - baltimoresun.com

Staying in the shadows will not afford them any protection. Anti-American, criminal supporters thought the raids would stop, that the criminal element would somehow be allowed to live off tax payer dollars. They were wrong.
Reading many political forums I have found that the pro-illegals who voted for Obama are really mad that he has allowed the raids to continue after he took office and are threatening to withdraw votes for the Democrats and Obama himself when he comes up for re-election. Gee, I'll bet these politicans are shaking in their boots over this small and insignificant voting block, lol.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:56 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
I read a similar article yesterday, they had refused to name the restaurants understandably because so many are now intolerant. The fear people may react in an uncivil manner to me, an accurate assessment.

I think this statement is true, yet lacks the meat of just how fed up people really are: "In this economic climate, when people are hungry for employment, for employers to give incentives to illegal immigrants is egregious; it undercuts our spirit of fairness," Leopold said

Americas spirit of fairness is very generous by far and to have this issue degrade the integrity of what this nation has worked so hard to achieve is grievous.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:47 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Reading many political forums I have found that the pro-illegals who voted for Obama are really mad that he has allowed the raids to continue after he took office and are threatening to withdraw votes for the Democrats and Obama himself when he comes up for re-election. Gee, I'll bet these politicans are shaking in their boots over this small and insignificant voting block, lol.
And who are the pro illegal types going to vote for, Republicans? I think not hence the former's empty threats.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:42 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And who are the pro illegal types going to vote for, Republicans? I think not hence the former's empty threats.
That’s an excellent question. Most pro-illegals certainly will not vote Republican. If they refuse to vote, they will only be hurting themselves.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That’s an excellent question. Most pro-illegals certainly will not vote Republican. If they refuse to vote, they will only be hurting themselves.
we can only hope.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:54 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

No need to worry, obama has many here on visas who will keep him going until theres no turning back .Especially muslims from all over the world , many Somalians are coming to join those already here ,Miami now has a 'Little Somalia ' to go with the ' Little Havana '. I hear the cubans who took over don't like it, LOL. Some as refugees whos welfare checks makes some ceo's look poor . google it .

Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,369 times
<<And who are the pro illegal types going to vote for, Republicans?>>

Most likely they just won't vote. Frequently people with one driving agenda won't vote unless they perceive a benefit to themselves, or those they advocate for, in doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration