U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-12-2010, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Where the heck is ICE? Illegals are essentially daring this country to deport them.

Quote:
Overcoming their fear of deportation, a group of college-age immigrants publicly admitted their undocumented status at a rally at the Federal Plaza on Wednesday in hopes of putting a face on the need for comprehensive immigration reform.

Members of the newly formed Immigrant Youth Justice League spoke of missing out on typical high school experiences and not being able to apply for driver's licenses and jobs. They urged people to phone or send texts to Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., to urge him to use his leadership to pass immigration reform.

The emotional speeches followed a peaceful march of about 1,000 Chicagoans between Union Park and the Federal Plaza as part of "National Coming Out of the Shadows Day," a nationwide immigration reform effort.

The league was joined by several Latino City Council members at a news conference before the protest in calling for support for a larger rally in Washington on March 21.
illegal immigrant coming out day rally - chicagotribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-12-2010, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Reputation: 6517
Round them up and ship them out. We do not need nor want this group of entitlment minded criminals. Perhaps they will have better luck demonstrating in their nation of origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 03:40 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,140,273 times
Reputation: 453
This group is also trying to enlist gay rights advocates stating a commonality of "coming out". Can you believe this???????? I would be furious at any reference of "struggles" being the same. TOTAL Insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
This group is also trying to enlist gay rights advocates stating a commonality of "coming out". Can you believe this???????? I would be furious at any reference of "struggles" being the same. TOTAL Insanity.

They are grasping at straws. First, they compared their plight to that of black folks. Now, it’s gays. Who’s next. . . the Christians being fed to the lions? If they had a legitimate cause they wouldn’t need to ride the coattails of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
 
4,288 posts, read 7,899,960 times
Reputation: 1557
Quite possibly that was the dumbest thing for them to do - ICE may not go after them anyway as ICE feels it has better individuals to target - But employers in the US can look up their names on Google and decide to deny employment as the employers know that the job applicants are illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Where the heck is ICE? Illegals are essentially daring this country to deport them.


illegal immigrant coming out day rally - chicagotribune.com
When the hammer comes down on those insolent losers.........it will be ghastly (mass deportations, possible jail time, seizure of assets, etc.) for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 05:48 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They are grasping at straws. First, they compared their plight to that of black folks. Now, it’s gays. Who’s next. . . the Christians being fed to the lions? If they had a legitimate cause they wouldn’t need to ride the coattails of others.
Awesome post, Benicar! I'd like to add that they have also claimed the "Trail of Tears" and the Chinese Exclusion Act and the plight of the Jews in Nazi Germany to their list of lame comparisons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 06:32 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Awesome post, Benicar! I'd like to add that they have also claimed the "Trail of Tears" and the Chinese Exclusion Act and the plight of the Jews in Nazi Germany to their list of lame comparisons.
And I am waiting for those illegal alien losers to try the 'Irish Potato Famine' or 'Hungarian Revolution 1956' cards. Considering that 3/4's of my ancestral ethnicity is both of the above-----------I would take grave offence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 06:58 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,375,564 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
When the hammer comes down on those insolent losers.........it will be ghastly (mass deportations, possible jail time, seizure of assets, etc.) for them.
Hell, why not just line them up and shoot them.

Someone must have lost theiir Taco Bell job and is holding a grudge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,375,564 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And I am waiting for those illegal alien losers to try the 'Irish Potato Famine' or 'Hungarian Revolution 1956' cards. Considering that 3/4's of my ancestral ethnicity is both of the above-----------I would take grave offence.
Hmm, were they illegal??

Maybe we need to call ICE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top