Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:18 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
(FAIR) has created front groups that work together, often in concert with border vigilante groups, to broadcast a xenophobic message. At the same time, they use these as a defense against charges of racism.

Immigrants Targeted: Extremist Rhetoric Moves into the Mainstream
Utter absurdity! This is not a xenophobic organization. Why would a group comprised of “Hispanics” fear and dislike other Hispanics? No, you are trying to discredit them simply due to their anti-illegal stance. They have as much right to oppose illegal immigration as La Raza et al. does to support it.

Organized or not, there are millions of Hispanics in this country who do not support illegal immigration. Their voices aren’t heard, because unlike La Raza, they don’t receive funding from major corporations and unwitting taxpayers.

This vile demonization of anyone who dares to object to the lawlessness of illegal immigration is way beyond pathetic. It also underscores the heightened desperation so glaringly evident among illegal aliens and many of their supporters. When you stoop to such depths, you lose all credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 08:33 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Utter absurdity! This is not a xenophobic organization. Why would a group comprised of “Hispanics” fear and dislike other Hispanics? No, you are trying to discredit them simply due to their anti-illegal stance. They have as much right to oppose illegal immigration as La Raza et al. does to support it.

Organized or not, there are millions of Hispanics in this country who do not support illegal immigration. Their voices aren’t heard, because unlike La Raza, they don’t receive funding from major corporations and unwitting taxpayers.

This vile demonization of anyone who dares to object to the lawlessness of illegal immigration is way beyond pathetic. It also underscores the heightened desperation so glaringly evident among illegal aliens and many of their supporters. When you stoop to such depths, you lose all credibility.
I was showing the connection between Fair and You dont speak for me...I cited news sources. their assesment of the groups is theirs.

I post from both pro and anti news sources.

I dont write the articles.

I can site any source that has an opinion. if you have a counter point that You Dont speak for me is not a product of FAIR...then present it.

If you dont agree with the articles assesment of Fair or You dont speak for me... then thats between you and the writer of the article.

My crediblity is not confirmed nor denied by you...

Old 03-15-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I was showing the connection between Fair and You dont speak for me...I cited news sources. their assesment of the groups is theirs.

I post from both pro and anti news sources.

I dont write the articles.

I can site any source that has an opinion. if you have a counter point that You Dont speak for me is not a product of FAIR...then present it.

If you dont agree with the articles assesment of Fair or You dont speak for me... then thats between you and the writer of the article.

My crediblity is not confirmed nor denied by you...
No, I am not the arbiter of your credibility, you are. When you quote from a source with a hidden agenda without bothering to verify the content, you are allowing yourself to be used to propagate a malicious lie. That is certainly your prerogative.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
<<You call amnesty a fix, you and janet should be talking together...>>

It appears everyone but you caught the sarcasm. I called amnesty a fix because that's the way the 1986 amnesty was presented to us. Along with a promise to secure the border, it was supposed to fix the illegal alien problem once and for all. Obviously it didn't work.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, I am not the arbiter of your credibility, you are. When you quote from a source with a hidden agenda without bothering to verify the content, you are allowing yourself to be used to propagate a malicious lie. That is certainly your prerogative.
false, I cited the article. if you wish you can read then comment. if you believe their material is a lie, you have every right to refute.

are you saying "You dont speak for me" is not an offshoot of FAIR?

if so please cite your source.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
false, I cited the article. if you wish you can read then comment. if you believe their material is a lie, you have every right to refute.

are you saying "You dont speak for me" is not an offshoot of FAIR?

if so please cite your source.
1751texan, nice deflection. When did I deny an affiliation between FAIR and this organization? As a matter of fact, I never mentioned FAIR. You are evading the issue; which is -- the baseless accusations you posted as factual, without one shred of evidence.

“You Don’t Speak For Me” is being vilified for one reason alone, and that is, their opposition to illegal immigration. Don’t you realize both the ADL and the SPLC profit from the perpetuation of hate? After all, they’re in the “hate” business. With a few exceptions, they have accused all anti-illegal immigration groups of being hate-mongers. It’s a salient component of their strategy to discredit all opponents of illegal immigration by labeling them as anti-immigrant, racists, and xenophobes. It’s also a diversionary tactic; similar to the one you are attempting to employ on this thread.

“You Don’t Speak For Me” is simply a small group of Hispanic-American patriots with enough courage to fight illegal immigration. If you have credible info to substantiate your claim of xenophobia and hate, please share. Otherwise, I stand by my comments. I don’t have to cite sources to refute you. You posted the accusations, so the onus of proof is yours, not mine.

BTW, FAIR is not Stormfront or the KKK; and, the thread topic is “La Raza: For Latinos in 2010, The Word is Accountability.”

Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 AM

264 posts, read 457,361 times
"You Don't Speak for Me" may not be a a vastly funded organization with large membership, but interestingly enough:

...[A] Zogby poll also exploded many of the myths of monolithic Hispanic views on illegal immigration and enforcement. Most members of minority groups do not feel illegal immigration is caused by limits on legal immigration, instead, members feel it’s due to a lack of enforcement.

- Hispanics: Just 20 percent said illegal immigration was caused by not letting in enough legal immigrants; 61 percent said inadequate enforcement.

When asked to choose between enforcement that would cause illegal immigrants in the country to go home or offering them a pathway to citizenship with conditions, most members of minority groups choose enforcement:

- Hispanics: 52 percent support enforcement to encourage illegals to go home; 34 percent support conditional legalization,

- Asian-Americans: 57 percent support enforcement; 29 percent support conditional legalization,

- African-Americans: 50 percent support enforcement; 30 percent support conditional legalization.

(source: Are there jobs Americans won&rsquo;t do? - Opinion - Macon.com (http://www.macon.com/2010/03/14/1057490/are-there-jobs-americans-wont.html?pageNum=2&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comme nts_Container - broken link))

It appears unequivocally that Latinos writ large oppose illegal immigration as much as the rest of us.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:09 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
IMy crediblity is not confirmed nor denied by you...
How about a poll doing so. I'd vote

Old 03-16-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
"You Don't Speak for Me" may not be a a vastly funded organization with large membership, but interestingly enough:

...[A] Zogby poll also exploded many of the myths of monolithic Hispanic views on illegal immigration and enforcement. Most members of minority groups do not feel illegal immigration is caused by limits on legal immigration, instead, members feel it’s due to a lack of enforcement.

- Hispanics: Just 20 percent said illegal immigration was caused by not letting in enough legal immigrants; 61 percent said inadequate enforcement.

When asked to choose between enforcement that would cause illegal immigrants in the country to go home or offering them a pathway to citizenship with conditions, most members of minority groups choose enforcement:

- Hispanics: 52 percent support enforcement to encourage illegals to go home; 34 percent support conditional legalization,

- Asian-Americans: 57 percent support enforcement; 29 percent support conditional legalization,

- African-Americans: 50 percent support enforcement; 30 percent support conditional legalization.

(source: Are there jobs Americans won&rsquo;t do? - Opinion - Macon.com (http://www.macon.com/2010/03/14/1057490/are-there-jobs-americans-wont.html?pageNum=2&mi_pluck_action=page_nav#Comme nts_Container - broken link))

It appears unequivocally that Latinos writ large oppose illegal immigration as much as the rest of us.
Have you read the actual Zogby poll, read the actual questions asked?

compare the questions asked and what you have printed here...do a fair comparison of the two...if you think the two results match what you have printed above...I will compare the two with you and listen to your points.

Im not saying that hispanics are for or are not for immigration( legal or illegal)...its the numbers used to come to that conclusion and the wording used that is in questions that I have questions about.

There is no way I would know what the Hispanic people feel about any one issue, being that they are a large and diverse group...even within their own group.

I have a proplem when people say, "black folk think this way" or "asian people think this way". No poll can give even give you an accurate detailed snapshot of a community at any gven time. Well, it can if the sample group is large enough. Do you think they ask 1000 likely voters who they would vote for President if the election were held today? No they ask lots of people form all over the country with diverse backgrounds to get a true and accurate sample. Do you think asking 1000 Hispanic-Ameircans about Immigration is a large enough sample to reflect the group?

I also makes me think when a group, any group wants to use numbers to prove their point...even if it is some members of that same group.

So read the actual poll, not someone's interpretation of the poll, and judge the information form that point.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 PM

just to be clear..."You dont speak for me" doesnt even exist anymore...they made a splash in 2006, and have no open chapters, No chapters in Texas. . so where are they?

How can I contact Col. Al Rodrigues directly...not through his abandoned YDSFM website...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration