U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 PM

2,484 posts, read 7,899,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Comparison with another sentences, again, is not my job. I'm not a senator, yet. My interest and priority as an American, is our trgedy number one, illegal criminal immigration. And that is the sentence I demend for them.

And regarding data, my answer is yes ma'am:

WorldNetDaily: Illegal aliens linked to gang-rape wave
Thank you for the link. I still find, however, baffling that you can claim responsibility for one aspect of American society and claim that the rest is "none of your business" when the issues are just as American as they come. But eh, I suppose not everyone can care for everything and to each his/her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 05:18 PM

398 posts, read 1,265,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Thank you for the link. I still find, however, baffling that you can claim responsibility for one aspect of American society and claim that the rest is "none of your business" when the issues are just as American as they come. But eh, I suppose not everyone can care for everything and to each his/her own.

Yeah, If I gave the same importance to all of our problems, I'd have to spend 20 hours a day in front of the computer posting in each forum. That's why me, as most Americans, take care of the one who has the maximum priority right now: Illegal Invasion.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
Needs to be jail time to set an example to others.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:13 PM

26 posts, read 54,016 times
Default Immagration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Here's a bit of an article from a nearby city. What do you think? Too harsh? Just right? Should be a higher penalty?

The Sioux Falls restaurant manager who pleaded guilty to hiring illegal aliens has been sentenced.

Oscar Cadena received a $3000 fine for his part in hiring illegals to work at the Inca Mexican restaurant. On top of the fine, Cadena was also sentenced to four years of probation.

The restaurant's owner, Julio Espino, also pleaded guilty. He faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine when he's sentenced June 25th.
I think it would be great to have illegal alien discussions with some Indian chiefs. Nah, that would bring up too many issues "we" don't want to talk about wouldn't it?

Old 06-04-2007, 09:28 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,345,692 times
From way out in left field I'll throw my two cents into the ring. I LIKE the probation. I like the idea that they are subject to scrutiny for the next 4 years. I would like to see longer probation time for the owner.
The fine for the manager seems about right. I don't know what the $250,000 fine is, is that X amount per illegal alien employee? Or a random figure? It seems a tad high to me.
I don't really like the idea of jail. I assume they are running a business that employs legal citizens too? I think it is better to levy fines and probation which allows the business to stay open vs jailing the owner which means we would be paying to support him.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:07 PM

13,495 posts, read 33,423,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jump416 View Post
I think it would be great to have illegal alien discussions with some Indian chiefs. Nah, that would bring up too many issues "we" don't want to talk about wouldn't it?
Actually, we can learn a lot from history. Bet if the Indian chiefs were still alive, they wouldn't have been as welcoming or as helpful as they were. The Europeans would've never made it to the first Thanksgiving.

But back on topic~ you all have such interesting viewpoints. From something I had read previously about it, it sounded like there was only one illegal hired, or caught anyway.

I plan on following this and hope to catch what the owner's penalty will actually be. I'll definitely look this thread back up and post what happened.

Just wanted to add~recently I emailed my Governor asking if he'd consider a bill on immigration similar to the one that Oklahoma just passed. I just received a letter in the mail from the Gov. He said he's studied it and will keep following it and by the time the legislature is in session, he hopes to see if the same type of law would be good for our state, too. Well, at least he's taking it under consideration.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:45 AM

504 posts, read 1,618,988 times
Way out of line, considering we are supposed to have equal protection under the law, when large corporations continue to hire undocumented workers and get fined small amounts or not at all, this is extremely harsh for a small business. If it was the first time a small fine and being held on notice that you will be checked frequently to make sure it does not happen again and follow through. The second time the restaurant could be closed for a while, and a larger fine imposed, putting them in jail costs taxpayer money which could be better served in other areas of the problem.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:56 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,221 times
Default higher fine

Good but a higher fine is needed. Thats all anyone cares about these days.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,562,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Here's a bit of an article from a nearby city. What do you think? Too harsh? Just right? Should be a higher penalty?
The harsher....the better.
Illegals are not supposed to be here, and employers are going AGAINST the law hiring them.... So, yes, pay the consequences, because there is a MUTUAL agreement between the employer and employee !
(BTW- If someone tells me now, that they claim NOT to be able to find LEGAL american-hispanics wanting to work in that restaurant, I am going to laugh out loud, because THAT would be such a crock of s*** !!!)
All I hear anymore, is the notion of job's "that american's" won't do......yeah, give me another one )

Old 06-05-2007, 10:32 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Higher fine, jail time, and a few lessons in Meso-American geographical history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration