U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:56 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Please explain.
amc760 wrote:
Quote:
Think it might be an isolated incident? Maybe the kid was sensitive and exaggerated a bit?
Your too will to give Illegals the benefit of the doubt.

Or did I misunderstand something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 10:00 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
amc760 wrote:

Your too will to give Illegals the benefit of the doubt.

Or did I misunderstand something?
Maybe the part where AZBear wasn't even talking about illegals. He was talking about Latino schoolchildren in a small U.S. town.

Something tells me you haven't seen much of "the real world" yourself.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Maybe the part where AZBear wasn't even talking about illegals. He was talking about Latino schoolchildren in a small U.S. town.

Something tells me you haven't seen much of "the real world" yourself.
It was a mis understanding so "excuse my last 2 comments". It was my mistake.

Just FYI:. No offense to you, but:
I've lived in SoCalif over 35years in the middle of Communities taken over by Illegals. I've also been a member of the MinuteMen for 8 years, I'm no stranger on this forum or on Illegal Immigration ALIPAC.
I think that I've seen enough of the real world to know what's going on

Old 06-01-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It was a mis understanding so "excuse my last 2 comments". It was my mistake.

Just FYI:. No offense to you, but:
I've lived in SoCalif over 35years in the middle of Communities taken over by Illegals. I've also been a member of the MinuteMen for 8 years, I'm no stranger on this forum or on Illegal Immigration ALIPAC.
I think that I've seen enough of the real world to know what's going on
Honestly, not to badmouth you personally, but being associated with the Minutemen doesn't make me feel too much better.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Honestly, not to badmouth you personally, but being associated with the Minutemen doesn't make me feel too much better.
feel better than what? I wasn't trying to make you feel better.
I apologized for my comments and was just letting you (from you previous comment) that I've had my share of living in the "real world".
Besides, me being with the MinuteMen is irrelevant, because even if I hadn't been with the MinuteMen, it wouldn't lower the amount of time I've experienced in......."the real world".

Old 06-01-2008, 11:57 PM

Being with the minutmen is extremely relevant. They are an xenophobe vigilante group comprised of the worst kind of trash.

Again, not directed at you personally.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:42 AM

3,454 posts, read 6,436,503 times
Quote:
Being with the minutmen is extremely relevant. They are an xenophobe vigilante group comprised of the worst kind of trash...
...As opposed to the upright, ethical illegal immigrants, some of whom rape, rob, and murder innocent Americans, seems like every day.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:24 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Being with the minutmen is extremely relevant. They are an xenophobe vigilante group comprised of the worst kind of trash.

Some minutemen many be sketchy; yes, but all illegal immigrants are lawbreakers by definition------and, that is without crimes like identity theft, etc. which are Felonies.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:

Not argue with your comment,
I don't know where you get your information, but it has nothing to do with how much anyone has expierenced the affect from illegal immigration.
So it's irrelevant to the point of this conversation.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:06 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:

Really?

How many Minutemen do you know personally?

Have you been down to the border with them as they handed out hundreds of bottles of water to illegal aliens coming across the desert? As they drove heatstricken illegal alien children to the nearest hospital, trying to save their lives? As they've sat, in the hot desert sun, offering first aid and shade to injured illegal aliens, while waiting for help to arrive?

Have you watched a grown man (xenophobic vigilante that he was) break down and sob upon finding a dying illegal alien man in the desert who had been abandoned by his coyote--because he knew that help would not arrive in time to save the man?

I've spent time on the border. I've seen all of the above.

The majority to the time, the Minutemen do no more than observe and report what they see to the Border Patrol, but they are filled with compassion for those who have come across that desert and they are often the first people illegal aliens see when the cross that border. It never ceases to amaze me that you never hear one story of a Minuteman attacking or otherwise harming an illegal alien (and the MSM would be all over a story like that) yet the stories of Minutemen being shot at or otherwise attacked at the border are numerous.

But of course, if you're an illegal alien apologist, it's much easier to hate the Minutemen if you can convince yourself that they are worthy of your contempt.

Hmmm....prejudice against a certain group of people based upon preconceived notions....but then again, as long as you shy away from an anti-illegal immigration stance, that sort of prejudice is condoned, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration