Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 AM

769 posts, read 2,232,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Big fines and stand on a local street corner for one year with a sign saying " I was bad and I hired illegals and was fined for doing so and you too could be here with this sign, So don't hire illegals"
Ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 01:23 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Really?

How many Minutemen do you know personally?

Have you been down to the border with them as they handed out hundreds of bottles of water to illegal aliens coming across the desert? As they drove heatstricken illegal alien children to the nearest hospital, trying to save their lives? As they've sat, in the hot desert sun, offering first aid and shade to injured illegal aliens, while waiting for help to arrive?

Have you watched a grown man (xenophobic vigilante that he was) break down and sob upon finding a dying illegal alien man in the desert who had been abandoned by his coyote--because he knew that help would not arrive in time to save the man?

I've spent time on the border. I've seen all of the above.

The majority to the time, the Minutemen do no more than observe and report what they see to the Border Patrol, but they are filled with compassion for those who have come across that desert and they are often the first people illegal aliens see when the cross that border. It never ceases to amaze me that you never hear one story of a Minuteman attacking or otherwise harming an illegal alien (and the MSM would be all over a story like that) yet the stories of Minutemen being shot at or otherwise attacked at the border are numerous.

But of course, if you're an illegal alien apologist, it's much easier to hate the Minutemen if you can convince yourself that they are worthy of your contempt.

Hmmm....prejudice against a certain group of people based upon preconceived notions....but then again, as long as you shy away from an anti-illegal immigration stance, that sort of prejudice is condoned, isn't it?
I don't doubt theres some good people in that group. Every group has its bad and its good people. Such is life.

But there are a few of these good people who became disgusted by what they saw in that group, and decided to quit it.
There are better ways to deal with the illegal immigration problem than harassing day laborers.

Minutemen are by definition vigilantes. And for however many genuinely good people there are in that group, theres also a whole lot of xenophobes that have fun taunting and degrading illegal immigrants.

They are also cowards who love to fake charges of assaut, and run to the nearest cop after they instigate and provoke people.
I dont think these people should be allowed to roam the streets. Theyre basically a gang, and while Im sure theres some people in it with some good intentions, theres also a lot of goons who wouldn't mind crossing the border into Mexico illegally to shoot at some Mexicans(heard about that one?)

http://podblanc.com/caught-tape-minu...sh-beaner-camp

These guys like to stick cameras in peoples faces, laugh at them, and when they get their smirks wiped off their face they cry about it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MtPuj0UB6BM

Or how about this guy?

YouTube - Minuteman Project: EXPOSED!

Aww, man, you dont know how angry this kind stuff gets me and my friends. We are Americans and proud of it, and that guy maybe an illegal Mexican immigrant, but most Chicanos would see red if they saw this kind of stuff.
I wish a joker like that would try to mess around like that in my neighborhood instead of harassing workers in front of Home Depots. We're not illegal, so we're not scared of deportation. Time in county would be a small price to pay to break that kids face.
Sorry if I'm sounding violent, but you got to understand the anger many Mexican-Americans feel when they see a lot of these guys' behaviour..whether the targets are illegal or not.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I don't doubt theres some good people in that group. Every group has its bad and its good people. Such is life.

But there are a few of these good people who became disgusted by what they saw in that group, and decided to quit it.
There are better ways to deal with the illegal immigration problem than harassing day laborers.

Minutemen are by definition vigilantes. And for however many genuinely good people there are in that group, theres also a whole lot of xenophobes that have fun taunting and degrading illegal immigrants.

They are also cowards who love to fake charges of assaut, and run to the nearest cop after they instigate and provoke people.
I dont think these people should be allowed to roam the streets. Theyre basically a gang, and while Im sure theres some people in it with some good intentions, theres also a lot of goons who wouldn't mind crossing the border into Mexico illegally to shoot at some Mexicans(heard about that one?)

http://podblanc.com/caught-tape-minu...sh-beaner-camp

These guys like to stick cameras in peoples faces, laugh at them, and when they get their smirks wiped off their face they cry about it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MtPuj0UB6BM

Or how about this guy?

YouTube - Minuteman Project: EXPOSED!

Aww, man, you dont know how angry this kind stuff gets me and my friends. We are Americans and proud of it, and that guy maybe an illegal Mexican immigrant, but most Chicanos would see red if they saw this kind of stuff.
I wish a joker like that would try to mess around like that in my neighborhood instead of harassing workers in front of Home Depots. We're not illegal, so we're not scared of deportation. Time in county would be a small price to pay to break that kids face.
Sorry if I'm sounding violent, but you got to understand the anger many Mexican-Americans feel when they see a lot of these guys' behaviour..whether the targets are illegal or not.
Time in county can ruin the rest of your life----------potential employers more likely will look at you as a loser.

Think about it.

And; considering the reputation that young 'Hispanic' males have as a group vs. say Asians for being macho thugs--------that would be more incentive for you, amc760, to play it cool unless you have an solid case for self defense.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Time in county can ruin the rest of your life----------potential employers more likely will look at you as a loser.

Think about it.

And; considering the reputation that young 'Hispanic' males have as a group vs. say Asians for being macho thugs--------that would be more incentive for you, amc760, to play it cool unless you have an solid case for self defense.
hopefully a situation like that never takes place, but Im mostly going into the feelings that the wrong kind of protesting can generate.

Like the few illegals who burn flags or disrespect the nation angering U.S. citizents, the few anti-illegals who degrade and abuse workers can cause anger among the hispanic and illegal communities.

both sides need to act more civil, or the tensions that are already there can easily escalate to widespread incidents of violence. to either side.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
hopefully a situation like that never takes place, but Im mostly going into the feelings that the wrong kind of protesting can generate.

Like the few illegals who burn flags or disrespect the nation angering U.S. citizents, the few anti-illegals who degrade and abuse workers can cause anger among the hispanic and illegal communities.

both sides need to act more civil, or the tensions that are already there can easily escalate to widespread incidents of violence. to either side.
As you stated.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:11 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Not taking sides with anyone:

Your assuming that this one tape fit's all
But all you have there is 1/2 of a one sided story.
That's like a victim getting shot during a burglary. The victim pulls his gun to shoot back at the burglar and that's when the camera comes on. Those who don't know the whole story can easily that as a murder.

There's a reason for everything.

If you don't know both sides of the story, don't judge it.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Not taking sides with anyone:

Your assuming that this one tape fit's all
But all you have there is 1/2 of a one sided story.
That's like a victim getting shot during a burglary. The victim pulls his gun to shoot back at the burglar and that's when the camera comes on. Those who don't know the whole story can easily that as a murder.

There's a reason for everything.

If you don't know both sides of the story, don't judge it.
Like I said, Im sure many in that group have good intentions, and genuinely care about the country's interest. But its not hard to go over the line.

Im not using the video to judge them all, but its proof that stuff does happen.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:51 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,942 times
And you can visit WeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com for a short look at the OTHER side of that coin...

Old 06-02-2008, 09:04 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Like I said, Im sure many in that group have good intentions, and genuinely care about the country's interest. But its not hard to go over the line.

Im not using the video to judge them all, but its proof that stuff does happen.
Without the complete story,the video shows proof of nothing.
If they hadn't been here Illegally, none of this would have happened.
So you tell me who the cause of it is.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
And you can visit WeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com for a short look at the OTHER side of that coin...
Thats an anti-mexican site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration