Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why are Dems + Bush are pushing for the amnesty so hard now?
Because they know Hillary will not win in 2008. 1 10.00%
Because they know only Bush would sell out America like this. 1 10.00%
Because they know the next president will NOT vote an amnesty. 1 10.00%
Because the Dems are orchestrating the demise of the GOP with the amnesty. 1 10.00%
Because they know amnesties will weaken America, the country they hate. 1 10.00%
Because an amnesty is needed for a North America Union. 2 20.00%
Because an amnesty will make special interests happy (Walmart, La Raza...) 3 30.00%
Because these guys are owned by corporations and special interests. 4 40.00%
Because they are freaking morons. 6 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:48 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,819,717 times

Advertisements

I say it si because they know Hillary will be smacked down in 2008 in the general election and Mitt Romney or Thompson will be elected and then they whole amnesty thing will go belly up.

The Dems know Bush is a complete sellout, they know Bush is ready to sell out the GOP and the American people to the special interest groups, so they know if the amnesty cannot be passed and signed by Bush before the 2008 campaigns kick into gear around August 2007, then the amnesty will be dead.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 02:54 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,409,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
I say it si because they know Hillary will be smacked down in 2008 in the general election and Mitt Romney or Thompson will be elected and then they whole amnesty thing will go belly up.

The Dems know Bush is a complete sellout, they know Bush is ready to sell out the GOP and the American people to the special interest groups, so they know if the amnesty cannot be passed and signed by Bush before the 2008 campaigns kick into gear around August 2007, then the amnesty will be dead.

What do you think?
Hey Nirvana-Guy
I think, the DEM have the prez right where they want him........and who knows, what we will get, AFTER he's gone.
If one has an idiot right there, doing and taking the blame, and all "for it", why waste time....seizing the momentum, and try to push it trough....flaws and all.
I thought, that I used to be somewhat leaning more towards the DEM side...boy, did I change my tune against both (RE & DEM)....because as it stands right now, they are both INSANE!!!!

That's what I think.....

Old 06-04-2007, 04:21 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,458,407 times
IMO, the main reason the Dems are trying to push this through is because they see the illegal alien 'future citizens' as potential voters for Dem. causes.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:45 PM

233 posts, read 438,492 times
Angry Bigger Profits for them

They want it to pass so they all reap those higher profits from that cheaper labor..............unfortunately it will cost the American taxpayer for this stupidity.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:05 PM

646 posts, read 1,784,172 times
I thought it was mostly republicans who are pro-business and want the cheap labor - democrats usually lean towards supporting unions.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:41 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,660,291 times
The democrats are not the ones behind this amnesty proposal. It's Bush. This is something he's been pushing since his first year in office. The only reason it went on the back burner until now is 9 - 11. Sure more democrats support this amnesty proposal than republicans, but make no mistake, this is Bush's baby. The democrats are just along for the ride salivating at the prospect of the republican party being split by Bush himself right before a congressional and presidential election.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:54 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,145,063 times
Default I think

Its because REAL ID act will become a reality soon (its another one of those lets keep this quite) since it HAS been passed into law through Bush. This is a national ID card and you have to be legal to get it. So they need to make illegals legal before this starts.

We all know why they want them here but I can only think of the above as to why this seems to HAVE to be done before Bush leaves. I mean social security and other issues didnt get half of this attention.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:54 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,724,199 times
I think you need to add an "all of the above" category to your poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration