Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So let's say that out of a group of 10 pregnant women, 9 are illegal and one is not. You'd continue to provide funding for all just so that one would receive care. Nine-to-one. Seems fair to you, right? How about 99 to 1? Still fair? 999 to 1, just so that one gets care? 9,999 to one... 99,999,999 to 1?

What's your tipping point? Pick a number and get out your checkbook. If you say there is no limit then you've just expressed your willingness to bankrupt our economy for the benefit of proven criminals. If you find a limit, then you're agreeing that funding for pregnant illegals is wrong and must be stopped at some point.

So, do you still want to be an advocate for all pregnant women from here to Pluto?
You want to play with the numbers, Sir? Here are the real world numbers

2300 American Mothers and their 2300 American babies are being denied funding for prenatal care to punish 800 pregnant illegal alien women and their soon to be born 800 Ameircan citizen children.

Do the Math...2300+2300+800 = 5400 Americans vs. 800 illegal alien mothers.

They stopped funding for 5,400 Americans to punish 800 illegal alien mothers...and you didnt even have to take out your checkbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
One cant usurp what is gven to them freely. The program was ended, so no mother is recieveng government services now. In this specifc case, the alien mothers had been recieving government sevices with the OK of the State. The recent vote was to end funding...for all mothers. You care that the Illegal alien mother are no longer recieveng funds, my point is that law makers had to end funding to American Mothers to do so.

So you have your victory of Illegal alien mothers not recieveng funding, I see the American mother and children not recieving funds...
Please stop your hyperbole. You know damn well this bill was drafted to deny Medicaid benefits to illegal aliens to comply with Federal Law.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:57 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
so that ...3 for no for giving prenatal care to pregnant women...

I was right.

hate over compasion...the antis have it
I'm all for them getting free pre-natal care in the countries of their citizenship. However, if they are here illegally they should 1) be deported, 2) be responsible for their out of pocket care until deportation.

It is not about hate. It is about illegals accepting personal responsibility for their financial cost to US citizens.

It is long past for a Constitutional Amendment ending the anchor baby epidemic.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:58 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:

2300 American Mothers and their 2300 American babies are being denied funding for prenatal care to punish 800 pregnant illegal alien women and their soon to be born 800 Ameircan citizen children.

Do the Math...2300+2300+800 = 5400 Americans vs. 800 illegal alien mothers.

They stopped funding for 5,400 Americans to punish 800 illegal alien mothers...and you didnt even have to take out your checkbook.
So how many would it take for you to say "Enough!" ??? 801?? A billion??? You never answered the question...

Old 03-23-2010, 12:55 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Wrong. (and the word is argument...no "e")

If you research birthright citizenship, you will find that some scholars assert that the 14th Amendment requires that we grant citizenship to anyone born in the U.S. Other legal scholars disagree, arguing that the children of illegal aliens, like the children born to foreign diplomats stationed here, are not "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States as required by the 14th Amendment.

One of the Fourteenth Amendment's key authors, Michigan Senator Jacob Howard explained in 1866 that the citizenship clause, intended to ensure the rights of former slaves and their children, "would not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are the children of foreigners, aliens, or who belong to families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States..."

Senator Howard made his intentions for this Amendment perfectly clear. This Amendment was never intended to write a blank check to the children of people in this country illegally. How could anyone in 1866 could have forseen the situation that we are in today with regards to illegal foreign nationals and their illegal anchor babies? I'm sure that the good senator assumed that the Amendment would be executed with a modicum of common sense, which of course, it has not been.

I have all the compassion in the world for U.S. citizens requiring assistance. It's one of the reasons I pay taxes--not to fund illegal lawbreakers seeking to legalize their illegal presence in this country by dropping their anchor babies on U.S. soil.

Great points, as always!

I just wanted to remind you that political correctness is killing common sense in the United States. Some people still hold tight to common sense. Hopefully someone in power will finally see beyond the PC crap and interpret things the way they were meant to be.
We can only hope - before we lose our country.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Please stop your hyperbole. You know damn well this bill was drafted to deny Medicaid benefits to illegal aliens to comply with Federal Law.
OK Benicar, you want to play with the big boys...let go

from the article:

As originally drafted, it would have restored government-funded prenatal care in response to a federal directive that, as of March 1, ended such services for about 1,500 pregnant women, including about 800 illegal immigrants.

OK, is this Federal Law/directive you cited?...then what is the actual directive and does it allow or deny illegal alien women to recieve or not recieve federal funding for prenatal care?

Cite actual Federal Law/directive and its actual language and purpose...

My contention is that the directive restored funding for all women; and in response, all funding was ceased by the state legislature.

I say you believe that the directive forces the ending of funding for all women. and the State legislature was merely going along.

lets prove our contentions.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:

700 American Mothers and their 700 American babies are being denied funding for prenatal care because 800 pregnant illegal alien women overwhelmed the system by an excess of over 100% and their soon to be born 800 non-citizen children, provided they are returned to their homes before they drop anchor

Do the Math...700+700+0 = 1400 Americans vs. 800 illegal alien mothers and their 10,000,000 anchors.

They stopped funding for 1400 Americans to spare the state from having thousands of illegal usurpers bankrupting social services...and you didnt even have to take out your checkbook.
There - I fixed the mistakes in your post. You're welcome.

BTW - there is no telling how many children these women will have - some may have twins or multiples, some may have miscarriages...the certainty of pregnancy and birth is variable and unknown, just like the certainty of how many illegal interlopers have invaded our country's borders.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
There - I fixed the mistakes in your post. You're welcome.

BTW - there is no telling how many children these women will have - some may have twins or multiples, some may have miscarriages...the certainty of pregnancy and birth is variable and unknown, just like the certainty of how many illegal interlopers have invaded our country's borders.

dont put my name by anything you have touched or edited...it no longer is my quote and I dont want my name associated with it...delete it.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:48 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
put my name by anything you have touched or edited...it is my quote and I want my name associated with it....
Oh, this is going to be good!

Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
OK Benicar, you want to play with the big boys...let go

from the article:

As originally drafted, it would have restored government-funded prenatal care in response to a federal directive that, as of March 1, ended such services for about 1,500 pregnant women, including about 800 illegal immigrants.

OK, is this Federal Law/directive you cited?...then what is the actual directive and does it allow or deny illegal alien women to recieve or not recieve federal funding for prenatal care?

Cite actual Federal Law/directive and its actual language and purpose...

My contention is that the directive restored funding for all women; and in response, all funding was ceased by the state legislature.

I say you believe that the directive forces the ending of funding for all women. and the State legislature was merely going along.

lets prove our contentions.
Ok Big Boy, show us the BILL, not an article. The articles I posted contradict yours, so let’s see what the actual bill states. I would post it myself, but it’s a pdf and I’m having problems with mine. If the bill is not exclusive to illegal aliens, I will humbly stand corrected. Until then, I stand by my comments.

For your convenience, the bill is LB 1110. Thanking you in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration