U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 04:35 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,053,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
don't be sorry, my family is only renting here (thank the lord.) we are planning to blow this sanctuary city and area once and for all. but sadly my prospective home, NC (or anywhere else i go) may be flooded with them illegals too.
Look for cities that are enacting tough laws against illegal immigrats then sit back and watch the wages and property values go up and the crime go down.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:03 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,192,188 times
Most of these hispanics are not benefitting the overall economy because they form their own neighborhoods, and just live, work, earn, and spend in that particular neighborhood.

They dont learn or want to speak english so they just stay in their own enclaves.

Why do you think they are just taking over neighborhoods, instead of spreading themselves out?

Even if the illegals do save money for people some how, they also take out of the system. And how could they be saving us more money, if all these places are having problems? If the illegals are benefitting the economy of CA, then why is everyone leaving because of the cost of living.

There is one cost the illegals can never make up for though. And that so happens to BE THE BIGGEST COST OF ALL: HOUSING. If they keep coming in and taking over places, land becomes less, and housing goes up because now the demand and supply are out of wack.

What would happen to SoCAL, NYC if all those people were gone? MORE HOUSING WOULD BE AVAILABLE.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:08 PM

HOUSING COSTS WOULD THEN BE MUCH LESS. People's budgets would open up significantly.

Restaurants and stores would not have to charge so much because their leases would be cheaper.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:11 PM

The truth is the restaurants do not need busboys. The servers should do their own bussing, because they really are not that busy unless they are the only servers there.

They can keep more of their tips that way.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:16 AM

59 posts, read 358,206 times
Default property values

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Look for cities that are enacting tough laws against illegal immigrats then sit back and watch the wages and property values go up and the crime go down.
You sure about this? The Bay Area is not tough on immigrants, and property values have gone through the roof. I'm not saying that being lax with laws will make property values go up, but just that there might not be any correlation, or that there are several other factors that affect property values and crime.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:23 AM

Default 10 billion out of 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
[b]The real reason for the financial problems of the state is all the Illegals sucking the state dry!
[[/i]/B]
You sure? The original post links to an article that puts the cost to CA taxpayers at $10 billion or so, and the CA budget is $120 billion. That's less than 10%, which is a lot, but not the full reason for sucking the state dry. I'd say prop. 13 and excessive spending on K-12, college education, etc are the main reasons.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:27 AM

Default houses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
What would happen to SoCAL, NYC if all those people were gone? MORE HOUSING WOULD BE AVAILABLE.
Then prices should go down. However, many of the people who bought houses recently wouldn't want to see their property values drop, nor would government want to see their property tax revenue drop. So ironically, illegals buying up houses works in their favor.

Do we have statistics on how many illegals actually buy houses?

Old 10-12-2007, 09:11 AM

66 posts, read 82,246 times
An interesting quote
Quote:
They have children like rabbits, so the extra pay they get is much less than the extra taxes we all have to pay to keep their numerous children in school. Every cent they make is sent back to their own nation, Look at any place they rent how soon the flowers are killed, trees destroyed and all beauty of an old family home destroyed. You and I will not live much longer. Maybe you want your sons and daughters to compete for a living with aliens who have no love of our state and country and its progress but I'll be damned if I want my grandsons to have to compete with Orientals for a living.
Now isn't this interesting, I bet you saw Mexicans in your minds eye, but it turns out to be Orientals, Japanese most likely, since the Chinese in that area were shopkeepers, this quote dates from the early years of the 20th century, but as you can see the racist arguments have not changed much over the years.

incidentally the "Aliens who have no love of our state and country and its progress" formed the Nisei division, the most decorated unit in the military in world war two.

mmmmm

Old 10-12-2007, 07:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Montara View Post
An interesting quote Now isn't this interesting, I bet you saw Mexicans in your minds eye, but it turns out to be Orientals, Japanese most likely, since the Chinese in that area were shopkeepers, this quote dates from the early years of the 20th century, but as you can see the racist arguments have not changed much over the years.

incidentally the "Aliens who have no love of our state and country and its progress" formed the Nisei division, the most decorated unit in the military in world war two.

mmmmm
I believe that most of the 'Orientals' were legal------besides; many legal White ethnic minorities were discriminated against as well i.e. the Irish and the Italians back in the 1920'-30's.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readuntil View Post
Then prices should go down. However, many of the people who bought houses recently wouldn't want to see their property values drop, nor would government want to see their property tax revenue drop. So ironically, illegals buying up houses works in their favor.

Do we have statistics on how many illegals actually buy houses?
See you are missing the point

Yes SOME people obviously do not want to see some prices going down, but it is not about those individuals. It is about every citizen.

If housing costs drop it will always be better for more people than for less people. (excluding the illegals)

And those people who do get hurt from housing costs dropping are really NOT GOING TO SUFFER ALL THAT MUCH IF THEY HAD ANY REAL BUSINESS SENSE.

fine maybe some people would hit rock bottom, but that is their fault.

Illegals do not need to buy anything, they just occupy turf, and make it undesirable for citizens.

Lets put it this way. The USA is not a bottomless well that goes on forever. There is a limit to how much water it has, and how fast it can replenish.

The more people drawing from the well, means that there is less water for every person.

That is why all the illegals must go. They represent the portion of the population that is expendable. We have the right to expell them so that everyone shall have more water to drink.

I know that sounds greedy,and mean, but Jesus christ, they are not our problem. We have our own problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or