U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:39 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,798,822 times

Advertisements

So you are calling me a racist because I don't want to pay billions of dollars to support illegal aliens?

Old 10-24-2007, 04:45 PM

294 posts, read 390,167 times
he is playnig the race card because it easier...call everyone a racist that way you dont have to have a real argument...

secondly just for grins..i think the people who employ illegal workers should be deported as well, republican or democrat

Old 10-24-2007, 05:49 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post

Bottom line, this forum not about illegal immigration only. It is about opposing all forms of (non white) immigration. It is about the fight to preserve white supremacy in this country.
That may be------up to a point.

Back in the 19th Century and prior; Irish and Italians along with eastern Europeans were not considered 'White'----------yet; in parts of the Jim Crow South, people of Chinese and Japanese were 'White' in the eyes of the law.

Now: substitute 'American'; which is based on English culture------we will talk.

BTW: English people come in all races and colors as well------and, a few even have Spanish surnames!

Old 10-24-2007, 05:52 PM

294 posts, read 390,167 times
maybe we shoudl deport them to having those crazy spanish surnames....

no wait nevermind..

Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie94 View Post
maybe we shoudl deport them to having those crazy spanish surnames....

no wait nevermind..
We can always deport Jose Gonzalez back to whatever Hispanic country he came from........

OOPS! He is a Swede!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:34 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,978,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I already did, check my Wall Street Journal quote.

Post it again and I might look at it. I'm not going to root around for it.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:54 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,710,231 times
Quote:
So you are calling me a racist because I don't want to pay billions of dollars to support illegal aliens?
Get your facts factual, leave out the emotion

Quote:
Post it again and I might look at it. I'm not going to root around for it.
No, if you cared about facts rather than emotions you would read it, easy to find, no rooting necessary, just a little knowledge of how the board works,

Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 PM

4,182 posts, read 5,661,815 times
Quote:
Get your facts factual, leave out the emotion
greatbasinguide,

Thanks for pointing this out. This forum has degenerated into a racist anti-immigrant slamfest. The facts are often thrown out the window. Stereotyping based on hysterical anecdotes is the order of the day. The fact remains that the US economy needs more, not less workers. If we are to keep handing out Social Security checks to our seniors, we had better increase our pool of laborers who are going to pay taxes to support the system. The problem is, the native-born white population is not growing as fast as it should. The white population is also aging. Common sense dictates that it cannot be the source of future laborers. This source has to come from somewhere else. If hardworking people from other countries would like to immigrate to the US to work and contribute to our economy, then let's open the borders and allow them to come in. After all, an economy is nothing but people trading goods and services with each other. If the people are not there, an economy cannot exist. Just look at the sparsely populated areas in the rural Midwest. These places are in decline because there are barely any people who live there. The booming areas in the US are the areas where there is a net influx of people. People create demand for goods and services, and demand for goods and services creates jobs. That's why the job market is strong in immigrant-dense California, not in rural Illinois or Michigan.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:22 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,230,467 times
Well, I've had other obligations to attend to today, and this thread has gone in a rather unpleasant direction. And to think that many posters think I shut down threads when all that is happening is a pleasant intellectual exchange of ideas.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or