Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 06:03 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times

Advertisements

Officers find drop house after lengthy pursuit

Quote:
A lengthy pursuit of a pickup truck across the West Valley Tuesday morning later led officers to a drop house holding 58 suspected illegal immigrants, authorities said.
Quote:
The rest will be turned over to U.S. Immigration Customs Enforcement, joining the 11 ilegal immigrants found in the pickup truck-eight were hidden under plywood in the truck's bed-after police trapped it near 104th Avenue and Buckeye Road around 7 a.m. this morning.
And the fight in Arizona keeps on! It amazes me as to what lengths illegal aliens will go. Juveniles included, paving the pathway to crime...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 06:57 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post

And the fight in Arizona keeps on! It amazes me as to what lengths illegal aliens will go. Juveniles included, paving the pathway to crime...
I watched that pursuit on the news yesterday morning as it unfolded.

For the record: most if not all of the illegals picked up at that drop house were OTM's; Salvadorians, Guatemalans, etc. Although many of the former will try to pass themselves off as 'Mexican' so if/when deported they are simply dropped across our southern border vs. being flown all the way back to Central America.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:23 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
Ariz. House to act on immigration enforcement bill - KGUN 9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports (http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12154131 - broken link)

Arizona could have it's own forum regarding it's continued push for the crack down on illegal aliens in their state. Every morning I read over and over how they are combating this problem. I hope other states follow suit by example.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:24 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post

And the fight in Arizona keeps on! It amazes me as to what lengths illegal
aliens will go. Juveniles included, paving the pathway to crime...
I lived next door to a drop house in west Phoenix. I wish I had known the number for ICE back then. I did call the cops whenever an empty U-Haul sat in front of their door, but the cops never showed.
How did I know it was a drop house? Always, always new people and animals, but never any new furniture came out of those large trucks parked on the front lawn (backed up to the front door - one lone mattress standing in the back of the truck.) This house was continuously being expanded with haphazard results.
Every time I read a story about a drop house in the west valley I hope it's this one.
Glad to see AZ is getting the job done - slowly but surely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration