Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 04:19 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times

Advertisements

strict in handing these type of visas out.

i wasnt talking about punishment for crimes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Just like they are strict with SS fraud, tax evasion, illegals entry into the United States, paaaaleeease.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 04:44 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
strict in handing these type of visas out.

i wasnt talking about punishment for crimes...
Same thing, our laws are too lax and illegal aliens know it. We'll peddle out "special visas" like candy....nothing different there.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:10 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
they are pretty strict with these and only give them to those who can make the strongest case for the prosecution. the majority of those involved will not get these visas, unless it the violations were severe and widespread.
lose ofwages isnt that serious. they can make a case with a few people. i dont think this will be a backside avenue for citizenship...
I don’t think you realize they have changed the procedures. Now, not only can USCIS authorize U Visas, the DOL can as well for cases of workplace violations. This is a new category, with different and less stringent criteria. I believe it's simply another attempt at piecemeal amnesty.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:23 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Did you ever notice how much more noticable the dividing of this country has gotten since B.O. took office?

Dump the Government, The States we prevail!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
"Regardless of immigration status, no one should have to suffer criminal abuse silently," Solis said in a statement Monday. "U visas give some measure of security to immigrant victims who are desperate to escape an abusive situation and are willing to cooperate with law enforcement."

After approval by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the visas allow immigrants to stay in the country for four years and eventually apply for residency.
And if it's a Legal Citizen what happens? They get rejected and their issues are ignored?

Old 03-20-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Same thing, our laws are too lax and illegal aliens know it. We'll peddle out "special visas" like candy....nothing different there.
Before you know, it there will be a black market for them and they'll be sold on the internet.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:43 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Well, it seems that an illegal that gets a U-visa can also sponsor family members to come to the USA legally (and get the fees waived if necessary) - how VERY nice for them....... I'd REALLY like to be able to apply for my citizenship but $800 plus is a little hard to find right now as I'm still trying to find another job. I wonder if I can get a fee waiver - guess not.

USCIS - Questions and Answers: Qualifying Family Members of U Visa Beneficiaries May Obtain Lawful Permanent Residence

Old 08-01-2010, 12:56 AM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Well, it seems that an illegal that gets a U-visa can also sponsor family members to come to the USA legally (and get the fees waived if necessary) - how VERY nice for them....... I'd REALLY like to be able to apply for my citizenship but $800 plus is a little hard to find right now as I'm still trying to find another job. I wonder if I can get a fee waiver - guess not.

USCIS - Questions and Answers: Qualifying Family Members of U Visa Beneficiaries May Obtain Lawful Permanent Residence
I wish we could hear from more people from other countries who wish to become legal citizens here (I have some friends who wish to), and how they're getting screwed over by following the proper channels to enter this country legally while the Mexican and Latin American criminal crybabies (yes, that is what they are) are finding any and every loophole to try and take advantage of our system even more than they already have.

I am so fed up!

Old 08-01-2010, 01:35 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
and here's one reason THEY would probably qualify for a fee waiver and I wouldn't - This is from the Fee Waiver guidelines on the USCIS website -

Quote:
Whether the individual has demonstrated that within the last 180 days, he or she qualified for or received a “federal means-tested public benefit”. This may include, but is not limited to, Food Stamps, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, and Temporary Assistance of Needy Families or other public benefit.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:57 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,528 times
I say hell with it all, give them their legal status except of course if they are not working, or have a criminal record. The ambulance chasers....I mean lawyers will come to their defense. The Federal Judges will rule in their favor..after all, we don't want to impose a burden on lawfully present aliens,
or impede functions of Federal Agencies or place a burden on Federal Agencies but if Iraq or Afghanistan need more troops, send them what they want. Who cares that 80 percent of illegal drugs come over from Mexico placing a burden of billions of dollars on this country, who cares that innocent citizens or illegals for that matter get murdered, raped, kidnapped, and tortured. Who cares that illegals place a burden on our healthcare and schools. Oh, you say they pay rent, so they pay the landlords property tax? How about 14 people living in one house? And schools now have to hire a bi-lingual teacher for each grade, who they pay xtra money for. Who pays the $5K or more, to have a anchor baby? We do, the tax payers. There are so many other factors..you get my drift. But, it is okay to burden the citizens..we just don't want to place a burden on the Federal Gvt or the Legal Aliens here. Only in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration