Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,822,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Newsflash: CIR ASAP is the current bill. Get with the program.
Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America's Security and Prosperity Act (H.R. 4321, CIR ASAP) is current bill.

I appologize, I thought, or should I say...I never thought Lindsey Graham would sign onto pathway legislation...

Hoping to steer clear of an impending catastrophe, Obama conceded to Gutierrez's threats to vote no on health reform and instead of hearing unflattering epithets this Sunday, he will hear once again "Si se puede."
The outline of the immigration bill Schumer and Graham presented to the president calls for illegal immigrants to admit they broke the law, pass background check, pay a fine and back taxes, learn English and perform community service if they want to get on a pathway to legal status.

The Schumer/Graham immigration bill is not yet fully developed and needs a lot of tweaking before it becomes a final bill on the president’s desk. Still, yesterday’s turn of events provides hope in deperate times to millions of families.

I though Shumer /Graham were going to offer something totally different without Amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 09:28 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,510,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America's Security and Prosperity Act (H.R. 4321, CIR ASAP) is current bill.

I appologize, I thought, or should I say...I never thought Lindsey Graham would sign onto pathway legislation...

Hoping to steer clear of an impending catastrophe, Obama conceded to Gutierrez's threats to vote no on health reform and instead of hearing unflattering epithets this Sunday, he will hear once again "Si se puede."
The outline of the immigration bill Schumer and Graham presented to the president calls for illegal immigrants to admit they broke the law, pass background check, pay a fine and back taxes, learn English and perform community service if they want to get on a pathway to legal status.

The Schumer/Graham immigration bill is not yet fully developed and needs a lot of tweaking before it becomes a final bill on the president’s desk. Still, yesterday’s turn of events provides hope in deperate times to millions of families.

I though Shumer /Graham were going to offer something totally different without Amnesty.
Apology accepted. Now do you understand why we are so outraged? There are no punitive measures whatsoever. Both illegals and their employers get a free pass for willfully violating our laws. If this bill passes, it will be a huge magnet for future illegal immigration. It solves nothing.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:31 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,370,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apology accepted. Now do you understand why we are so outraged? There are no punitive measures whatsoever. Both illegals and their employers get a free pass for willfully violating our laws. If this bill passes, it will be a huge magnet for future illegal immigration. It solves nothing.
The fact of the matter, and another issue that's being bypassed or ignored is...if amnesty passes, and no employers are penalized, all the Illegals that supposedly get "legalized" will be unemployed because they will be replaced
by fresh Illegals.
In other words...
If the employers aren't given "lessons to learn by", it will business as usual as if nothing ever happened.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:59 AM

50,103 posts, read 46,680,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The fact of the matter, and another issue that's being bypassed or ignored is...if amnesty passes, and no employers are penalized, all the Illegals that supposedly get "legalized" will be unemployed because they will be replaced
by fresh Illegals.
In other words...
If the employers aren't given "lessons to learn by", it will business as usual as if nothing ever happened.

Here we are extending UI benefits and Pro-Illegals want to add another 8-12 million to the unemployment line? Once legal they won't be working under the table or with a fake SS#. Employers will still want the dirt cheap labor.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:19 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,370,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Here we are extending UI benefits and Pro-Illegals want to add another 8-12 million to the unemployment line? Once legal they won't be working under the table or with a fake SS#. Employers will still want the dirt cheap labor.
I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the fake SS# to the Pro's or fresh Illegals.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:29 AM

50,103 posts, read 46,680,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the fake SS# to the Pro's or fresh Illegals.
Think of the people that never filed a tax return that do. There will be multiple filings on one social number. That would be interesting to unscramble? What penalties would be put on the Illegal then?

Old 03-21-2010, 02:47 PM

639 posts, read 1,139,971 times
You think health care is bad (and believe me it is) wait until King Barack Hussein Obama moves forward with immigration reform.......He will shove down our throats the legalizing of 30 to 50 million illegal (that's right illegal ie: against the law) immigrants in our country therefore guaranteeing future votes for years to come.......Wake up America.......

Old 03-24-2010, 04:03 PM

332 posts, read 642,332 times
Quote:
You think health care is bad (and believe me it is) wait until King Barack Hussein Obama moves forward with immigration reform.......He will shove down our throats the legalizing of 30 to 50 million illegal (that's right illegal ie: against the law) immigrants in our country therefore guaranteeing future votes for years to come.......Wake up America.......
That has always been the master plan for Obama and his cronies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration