Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:57 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yet, you have no problem with illegals transforming neighborhoods. Why?

No, illegal aliens are on the more. They have invaded every region of this country.

I contend change is happening, you say illegals are causing the change.

Harlem was and is changing with or without illegals moving in...Whites, Non American Blacks, and legal Latinos are all moving in.

The Fathers contention is that illegals are changing Harlem...
but so are other non-black groups. So even if you take illegals out of the equation...change is happeining.

If you cant see my point-(not agree with it) then lets just disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 03:07 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Harlem was and is changing with or without illegals moving in...Whites, Non American Blacks, and legal Latinos are all moving in.

but so are other non-black groups. So even if you take illegals out of the equation...change is happeining.

What part of natural and unnatural change don't you get? Yes, our country has changed somewhat over the years through legal immigration and areas and some neighborhoods have changed to include citizens of many different ethnic groups but that isn't the same as an unnatural demographic change from an illegal invasion from mostly one ethnic group. Years ago we didn't have to press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish either but that has come about through "unnatural" change. Natural change is nothing drastic, unnatural change IS!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What part of natural and unnatural change don't you get? Yes, our country has changed somewhat over the years through legal immigration and areas and some neighborhoods have changed to include citizens of many different ethnic groups but that isn't the same as an unnatural demographic change from an illegal invasion from mostly one ethnic group. Years ago we didn't have to press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish either but that has come about through "unnatural" change. Natural change is nothing drastic, unnatural change IS!
Also figure in high immigrant birth rates. I am almost convinced our Government is purposely in favor of changing our nations demographics.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Looky at what i FOUND...

Unnatural change: Alien invaders!
Plants and animals evolve
over time. Often they keep each other in check. When species get brought in from other places, the newcomers may multiply wildly since the competitors, predators and diseases they evolved with in their home communities are
not here. They break links in the local web of life, badly disrupting species that depend on each Other. Sometimes they completely replace native plants and animals.

http://www.nps.gov/seki/parknews/upl...20BARK%204.pdf

Who knew illegal aliens could be seeds and sticker-burrs

I stand corrected illegal immigration is unnatural change.

Last edited by 1751texan; 03-25-2010 at 04:54 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Looky at what i FOUND...

Unnatural change: Alien invaders!
Plants and animals evolve
over time. Often they keep each other in check. When species get brought in from other places, the newcomers may multiply wildly since the competitors, predators and diseases they evolved with in their home communities are
not here. They break links in the local web of life, badly disrupting species that depend on each Other. Sometimes they completely replace native plants and animals.

http://www.nps.gov/seki/parknews/upl...20BARK%204.pdf

Who knew illegal aliens could be seeds and sticker-burrs

I stand corrected illegal immigration is unnatural change.
Are you being sarcastic or did we finally get through to you?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

Yet another misrepresentation. The priest said Hispanic illegal aliens have displaced Black WORKERS. He never even alluded to illegals forcing the residents out of Harlem. Why do you do this?

Old 03-26-2010, 08:33 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Yet another misrepresentation. The priest said Hispanic illegal aliens have displaced Black WORKERS. He never even alluded to illegals forcing the residents out of Harlem.
Quote:
Why do you do this?
Those are his Diversionary tactics.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 03-26-2010 at 09:02 AM..

Old 03-26-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Yet another misrepresentation. The priest said Hispanic illegal aliens have displaced Black WORKERS. He never even alluded to illegals forcing the residents out of Harlem. Why do you do this?
I guess i should have noted that i was using the information from the NYTimes article (post #28)and Father Bascio's contention to make my point. Change is change. what does it mater if its workers or residents.

Like the article said, its not that the blacks are being pushed out, its that they are leaving and others are taking their place.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:55 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
I guess i should have noted that i was using the information from the NYTimes article (post #28)and Father Bascio's contention to make my point. Change is change. what does it mater if its workers or residents.

Like the article said, its not that the blacks are being pushed out, its that they are leaving and others are taking their place.
Irrelevant to the thread topic. If you want to discuss “change” in Harlem or any other area, why don’t you start a thread?

For your information, Hispanics have lived in Harlem for many years. Have you not heard of “Spanish Harlem” during your lifetime?

Old 03-26-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:

Change is change? Still defending an illegal invasion that is creating this "unnatural" change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration