U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM

332 posts, read 351,062 times
Quote:
You want to cite where that fact comes from...?
Than explain why most Hispanic Americans are in favor of legalizing the over 11 million illegal immigrants in this country ? If it is not because they do not want a member of their famly being deported, than the only other explanation is a racial one. They think it is "racist" to deport millions of people with Brown skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 01:48 PM

14,307 posts, read 5,984,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Yeah but they are a quite minority. Yeah I said minority and not majority, because even among Hispanics who are legal American citizens, most of them think the U.S should provide a path for amnesty for illegal immigrants. Especially since many if not most Hispanic Americans have atleast one member in their family who is living illegally in the United States. Your Hispanic next door neighbor maybe a legal American citizen, but he or she might have a grandparent and or cousin for example who is an illegal immigrant. And he or she obviously do not want to see their family members being deported back to Guatemala, or Mexico, or Nicaragua.
I agree, that has been my experience also and from doing much research on this issue. Even if they don't have a relative hiding out in this country they are still sympathetic to this illegal invasion because most of the illegals are ethnically like themselves.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 PM

332 posts, read 351,062 times
Quote:
I agree, that has been my experience also and from doing much research on this issue. Even if they don't have a relative hiding out in this country they are still sympathetic to this illegal invasion because most of the illegals are ethnically like themselves.
If the majority of illegal immigrants living in the U.S came from countries that celebrated Oktoberfest instead of Cinco De Mayo, I wonder what percentage of Hispanic Americans would be in favor of giving amnesty to all illegal immigrants. I bet the overwhelming majority of them would be dead set against it. They would be saying, why do we need to legalize millions of illegal immigrants from Germany, when America already has enough White people. We don't need more White people.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem1979 View Post
if the majority of illegal immigrants living in the u.s came from countries that celebrated oktoberfest instead of cinco de mayo, i wonder what percentage of hispanic americans would be in favor of giving amnesty to all illegal immigrants. I bet the overwhelming majority of them would be dead set against it. They would be saying, why do we need to legalize millions of illegal immigrants from germany, when america already has enough white people. We don't need more white people.
bingo!

Old 03-24-2010, 02:33 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,747,705 times
Quote:
If the majority of illegal immigrants living in the U.S came from countries that celebrated Oktoberfest instead of Cinco De Mayo, I wonder what percentage of Hispanic Americans would be in favor of giving amnesty to all illegal immigrants. I bet the overwhelming majority of them would be dead set against it. They would be saying, why do we need to legalize millions of illegal immigrants from Germany, when America already has enough White people. We don't need more White people.
According to our immigration system people are people. There is no such thing as races, ethnicities, or cultures. Everyone is equal.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
According to our immigration system people are people. There is no such thing as races, ethnicities, or cultures. Everyone is equal.

Not really correct. Our legal quotas favor Aisans and then Latinos come in a close second. Part of the reason we have quotas is so that not one ethnic group comes in such large numbers that it hinders assimilation or drastically changes the demographics of our identifying society and culture. Equality means giving everyone a fair shake of many different ethnic backgrounds and nationalities rather than favoring just one.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:12 PM

58 posts, read 30,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
This is all a football game to the Republicans; "you score, I score"...with no concern about the subject.

Republicans are politicians at their worst, why should passing Health Care have anything to do with Immigration Reform? Nothing gets done with those people, all they know how to do is say no to everything.

Reading for you:

New York Times Writer Peter Schweizer

Old 03-25-2013, 09:53 PM

47,586 posts, read 33,856,578 times
Quote:
And with the huge bias in our legal immigration system that favors immigrants with some relative here who can sponsor them over well-qualified and educated immigrants, the hispanic tsunami overwhelming this country is just gearing up.

For one we know the government is seriously underestimating the number of illegals, and virtually all those illegals have at least 1 relative back home they intend to sponsor as soon as they can. Many have 12, 13, 14, or more relatives who want to come here.

Immigration needs reforming but not with some very massive amnesty. They need to limit the family sponsorship, eliminate some of the fraud with green card marriages, sponsors need to be held responsible for the real costs of their immigrants, they should be required to pay for a good health insurance plan and all medical costs of them.

I saw a suggestion that a point system be used, having a close relative here could get them a point but job skills and education would also count in points so that just having a relative here wouldn't get someone an automatic in, but could be added in with other factors. Inability to speak English should get them negative points.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 AM

15,372 posts, read 13,064,857 times
I don't think we should have any 'family reunification' visas of any kind except for spouses and minor children. Period.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 AM

6,937 posts, read 3,240,600 times
Who is proposing "amnesty" for illegal aliens? I haven't seen that proposal. Must be new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration