Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:19 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Your solution of finding and deporting 12 million people is illogical, you folks just can't seem to realize how hard that is. The White House does and most states do.

Get ready to be really disappointed and angry.
We may not be able to catch/deport all illegal aliens admittedly; but, I can safely say that 80% of them can be 'encouraged' to leave via E-Verify, cancelling birthright citizenship, demand legal proof of US residency prior to enrolling children in school (and those minor age kids caught outside of school can be dealt with by truant officers), polite 'profiling' of probable illegals (Hispanic Spain does it with its illegal aliens and I am reasonably sure that Mexico does that same thing), etc.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We have offered our solution just as you have and it is just as logical as yours is along with some common sense. We have also offered negotiation as in the illegals turning to their homelands and applying to come here legally. I would be then willing to forgive their illegal entry as long as they haven't committed any felonies.
Unfortunately for illegal aliens; ID theft, non reporting of income are Felonies that will land an American in Federal prison. Needless to say; I see no reason to cut people who have no right to be here in the USA in the first place any slack.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
Most states do? I guess you aren't listening to the American people either.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:22 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,497,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
We may not be able to catch/deport all illegal aliens admittedly; but, I can safely say that 80% of them can be 'encouraged' to leave via E-Verify, cancelling birthright citizenship, demand legal proof of US residency prior to enrolling children in school (and those minor age kids caught outside of school can be dealt with by truant officers), polite 'profiling' of probable illegals (Hispanic Spain does it with its illegal aliens and I am reasonably sure that Mexico does that same thing), etc.

80% is not a solution though ArizonaBear. Let me also ask, what makes any of you think that canceling birthright citizenship is going to happen? Which White House are you watching that I am missing?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Most states do? I guess you aren't listening to the American people either.

Most states realize it is a problem, but how many are actually putting pen to paper and writing checks to enforce deportation?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
80% is not a solution though ArizonaBear. Let me also ask, what makes any of you think that canceling birthright citizenship is going to happen? Which White House are you watching that I am missing?
With the growing hostility towards illegal aliens; eliminating the Anchor baby loophole is a fait accompli..........it is just a matter of when.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Most states realize it is a problem, but how many are actually putting pen to paper and writing checks to enforce deportation?
I can only speak about one State - and that's Arizona.

A "relationship" was formed sometime ago that encourages deportation. If a person who has been detained for whatever reason, is unable to provide proof of lawful residency in the United States, that person is transferred to ICE for processing, hearings and deportations.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:48 AM

You haven't listened, enforce our laws, etc.-----self deportation. Federal falls under that catagory madating all laws be enforced in each state, if I am not mistaken. It seems those states trying to enforce these laws receive opposition claiming it to be of a Federal issue, not state.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
You haven't listened, enforce our laws, etc.-----self deportation. Federal falls under that catagory madating all laws be enforced in each state, if I am not mistaken. It seems those states trying to enforce these laws receive opposition claiming it to be of a Federal issue, not state.
I don't think self-deportation can be counted as a solution. How do you estimate costs for it? How do you schedule it? Measure it to make sure it is working?

Sounds like an endless cycle to me.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I don't think self-deportation can be counted as a solution. How do you estimate costs for it? How do you schedule it? Measure it to make sure it is working?

Sounds like an endless cycle to me.
It is really very simple, I'm sorry you have a problem with the process. Keep reading and maybe it will make sense as it has been voiced hundreds if not thousands of times and requires no further explanation by being self explanatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration