U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What one thing will reduce illegal immigration the most?
Build a huge fence on the south border and patrol it 2 3.51%
greatly reduce the number of visas issued 1 1.75%
Start putting employers who hire illegals in jail 27 47.37%
Change the laws to include "guest worker" provisions, etc 3 5.26%
Massive deportations 6 10.53%
Pass a law confiscating 100% of illegal immigrant's assets 4 7.02%
All of them (i.e. I didn't read the question) 14 24.56%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,574,621 times

Advertisements

#1 Build a huge fence on the south border and patrol it 0 0%
#2 greatly reduce the number of visas issued 0 0%
#3 Start putting employers who hire illegals in jail 17 65.38%
#4 Change the laws to include "guest worker" provisions, etc 0 0%
#5 Massive deportations 2 7.69%
#6 Pass a law confiscating 100% of illegal immigrant's assets 1 3.85%
#7 All of them (i.e. I didn't read the question)

OK, here is what I thought....
#1 I think, if a wall we had in Germany worked so well over there, why couldn't it work here?
#2 Control people visiting this country.....the more managable the number is, the more managable the visiting people will be. Well, we've seen, where it ended up, didn't we?
#3 Employers AS WELL AS the illegal immigrant should be put into jail (immi's jailed, then deported), because they BOTH entered a MUTUAL agreement of employment! (Immi knows he's illegal....and the employer knows it too!)
#4 Yeah, for QUALIFIED people, with college degrees. I would love to have some german people working here at the BMW plant in SC.
#5 This one is a no-brainer...round 'em up, herd 'em...just the way they came. Sure some buddies will have some trucks.....
#6 Confiscating what? Fake ID'S, Fake SS cards, Tequila????
If they have anything, good, take it, and kick them out.....Most of them send out ALL assets back to their countries.
So, unfortunately, the US has NO juristiction in those other countries, and our mighty dollar went bye-bye
#7 Yes, again, I have read the poll options, and would like them ALL tailored....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 05:42 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,033,382 times
I think it's a combination of things. But I do think that taking the jobs out of the equation would stop them from wanting to come here. Employers who hire them need to be severely punished so they will stop doing it and making it enticing for more to come.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:25 AM

1,735 posts, read 4,144,448 times
If you arrested the employers that would do it.
All you have to do is take one or two employers and make examples of them by publicly arresting, seizing assets, and then all employers would make damn sure they had legal workers.

Then when these so called “needed workers” could no longer find work they would deport themselves. Problem solved.

The employers would go back to paying a “living wage” (See the Swift meat packing plant for example) to American employees.

Competition would still keep prices reasonable. The demand for fuel, groceries, and other products would be drastically reduced this would keep prices under control.

We would no longer be burdened with the costs of, educating, providing free healthcare, and other services to millions of illegals.

The only losers would be the business owners as their profits would go back to what they were before they exploited these people. They would only be rich not “billionaire rich”.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:16 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,057,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Enforce the laws that already exist, new laws wont work because they exist already and are not enforced. My CHP friend told me if they enforced the law fully when a Illegal is pulled over it would take all day to process them, he said they could tie up every officer so they look the other way. he doesn't like them much either but has no choice

That is one of the reasons you have to stop the attraction...JOBS. No jobs, no welfare, no medical, no rights. France has learned their lesson that too many immigrants destroys a country and they are offering immigrants money to go back home.

WalMart, Tyson & big Construction companies are some of those pushing the most for all these immigrants. If they want to give American jobs to immigrants we should reward them by not buying their products and letting them know why.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:40 AM

233 posts, read 390,339 times
Cool More

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
That is one of the reasons you have to stop the attraction...JOBS. No jobs, no welfare, no medical, no rights. France has learned their lesson that too many immigrants destroys a country and they are offering immigrants money to go back home.

WalMart, Tyson & big Construction companies are some of those pushing the most for all these immigrants. If they want to give American jobs to immigrants we should reward them by not buying their products and letting them know why.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Absolutely, we need to not give our dollars to any companies that support this, would be nice to have a list of those that are known for supporting it so we could plan our shopping appropriately. I won't shop at WalMart anymore and won't purchase Tyson chicken either and if I find any other companies that aid and support this they won't get my dollar either.
The other thing I think we need to address are those Americans that help these people make their way across the border.........the coyotes......I think they need to receive LIFE sentences with no possibility of parole and forfiture of all assets, and that means ALL assets with no thought of what their families will live on while they are incarcerated.....they and their families have lived on slave trafficcing as far as I'm concerned and deprived many American families of their ability to earn a decent living, let them know what it feels like when the shoe is on the other foot, they shouild also forfit any social security benefits they may have earned and not receive any government help in any way.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:42 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,699,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post

Of all the countries to get tough on illegal immigration, I would have never thought that it would have been France. Our elected representation could learn a valuable lesson from France.

All of these mega companies pushing for legal status for these illegals is nothing more than a smoke screen. If and when these illegals are "legalized" they will begin demanding the higher wages because they will no longer be at the mercy of those who employ them. Once this happens, big business will then require an entirely new crop of slave labor to whom they can pay lower wages. It will become a vicious, never-ending cycle if it isn't stopped NOW!

Old 06-07-2007, 04:20 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,057,244 times
I know one thing for sure we need to keep pouring it on with emails, faxes and phone calls to every senator and Bushxico. I have been on the phone all day and emailing. Notably Senators Bernie Sanders, Clair McCaskill and Jeff Sessions should be thanked by everyone because they stood up for American workers with the greatest passion and firm demands to protect our jobs.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:35 PM

243 posts, read 797,469 times
Default Immagration

If anyone enters the US without proper documentation then they are illegal. It is our governments fault that they come in groves. Our government gives them health care, SS, and drivers licenses and then converts our English language into Spanish, it's everywhere, just for them. The early immagrants did not expect special treatment as the Germans, Itialians, Greeks etc. came here and learned our ways and learned to speak our language. So in answer to the question my answer is " Get a new government "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 04:37 PM

398 posts, read 1,266,982 times
All Of Them.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:44 AM

9 posts, read 13,821 times
I believe tougher laws. There are too many of these "sactuary" cities that are doing nothing more than aiding those who are illegal. I don't come from an area where its a problem....yet. But i think to many times people turn a blind eye too it and say, well it won't happen here, or i dont really see it here so why should i worry. I'm not racist, or have a problem where anyone comes from and if they want to be an American than i fully support it. But i also do see the strain that illegals put on those who work and pay taxes in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or