Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
yeah nobody plays the race card here...
Ummm.....yeah.

sarcasm definition

A form of irony in which apparent praise conceals another, scornful meaning. For example, a sarcastic remark directed at a person who consistently arrives fifteen minutes late for appointments might be, “Oh, you've arrived exactly on time!”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Ummm.....yeah.

sarcasm definition

A form of irony in which apparent praise conceals another, scornful meaning. For example, a sarcastic remark directed at a person who consistently arrives fifteen minutes late for appointments might be, “Oh, you've arrived exactly on time!”
Exactly....as in the case where a person might say, "We now have 20 million illegals, and they're all here only to benefit us, and help our society? OH GOODIE !! Now if we could just bring in 30 million MORE, we'd all be RICH !! I can't WAIT !!"

...Such a remark would NOT indicate the person was really ecstatic...quite the opposite; he's probably not happy about illegals at all, and he really CAN wait. "Oh Goodie", in that case, wouldn't be taken literally.

Thank you, Kele, for taking the time to explain this apparently hard-to-grasp feature of the American culture....i.e., the use of sarcasm.

Now get out there with another of your usual well-written posts, and 'knock 'em dead'.

(stand by for some REAL flack regarding the above)...

__________________________________________________ _______________________
**DISCLAIMER in regard to the above post****...I, macmeal, hereby give notice that I DO NOT wish anyone to die, as a result of reading one of Kele's posts. It's not meant to be taken literally; I might also add that while Kele at times writes a penetrating and hard-hitting post, she has never, to my knowledge, killed one of her readers.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:57 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
*chuckle*....

Old 03-29-2010, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 889 times
how about your SO

Old 03-29-2010, 01:55 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
OMG Mac....I just about spit my soup across the room when I read your post.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
I dont care who uses fraudulant SSn, whether legal or not...if someone is using a fake card, then arrest them and charge them.

The US supreme court just ruled that LE cant just charge ID theft. LE has to prove the more serious charge. If someone...anyone uses a fake/fruadulent SS numbers withouth the intent of comminting ID Theft thats just fraud.

Their is SS fruad and ID theft...two different charges.
Related to Illegal Aliens, which one are you ok with?

SS fraud?
ID theft?

me? Neither one.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:17 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Related to Illegal Aliens, which one are you ok with?

SS fraud?
ID theft?

me? Neither one.
Why would Id be ok with either one?

When did I say was ok with either one...

I said the Supreme Court ruled that LE could not charge IAs with the more serious IDT for the purpose of quicker deportation...without proof.

since your having such a hard time about me brining up this fact...it must be OK with you that LE was charging IAs with the more serious charge of IDT in order to deport them...

simple question...yes or no?

Old 03-29-2010, 05:16 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,167 times
Quote:
Why would Id be ok with either one?

When did I say was ok with either one...

I said the Supreme Court ruled that LE could not charge IAs with the more serious IDT for the purpose of quicker deportation...without proof.

since your having such a hard time about me brining up this fact...it must be OK with you that LE was charging IAs with the more serious charge of IDT in order to deport them...

simple question...yes or no?
I'd say yes if that is what it takes to deport them. They are here illegally and if using a loophole like they use, I'm all for it, once established they are in fact, illegal.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:25 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I'd say yes if that is what it takes to deport them. They are here illegally and if using a loophole like they use, I'm all for it, once established they are in fact, illegal.
By any means nessasary? Its OK to break the Law so long as LE gets them deported?

I dont condone that they broke the law to get here. But we can't break Our own laws to get them out. Its more important that we follow our laws.

We are a Nation of laws and we start bending or breaking the laws to siut a means, then the laws loose their meaning.

If the workers, any workers are using fake/fraud SSns than they dont need to be working their or anywhere...ICE wll have jusisdiction over any employee found not in compliance with ICE rules.

But local Law Enforcemnet has to follow the rules as well. When they arrest someone(alleged) in possesion of bogus SSN documentation, the Supreme Court ruled that they, LE, had to be able to prove that the person using the fake SSn were commiting fraud or Identity Theft. Reason for the ruling by the Court, is that the Coust found that LE were using the more serious charge of Identity Theft to more quickly deport unocumented alies.

What does it really matter that some nuts are protesting? If we are really want to see If E-verify is goint to work, and work correcty, it has to be tested.

E-verify can be used to track down US fugitives or persons hidding out. Changng their identity for what ever illegal reason.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:27 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
By any means nessasary? Its OK to break the Law so long as LE gets them deported?

I dont condone that they broke the law to get here. But we can't break Our own laws to get them out. Its more important that we follow our laws.

We are a Nation of laws and we start bending or breaking the laws to siut a means, then the laws loose their meaning.

If the workers, any workers are using fake/fraud SSns than they dont need to be working their or anywhere...ICE wll have jusisdiction over any employee found not in compliance with ICE rules.

But local Law Enforcemnet has to follow the rules as well. When they arrest someone(alleged) in possesion of bogus SSN documentation, the Supreme Court ruled that they, LE, had to be able to prove that the person using the fake SSn were commiting fraud or Identity Theft. Reason for the ruling by the Court, is that the Coust found that LE were using the more serious charge of Identity Theft to more quickly deport unocumented alies.

What does it really matter that some nuts are protesting? If we are really want to see If E-verify is goint to work, and work correcty, it has to be tested.

E-verify can be used to track down US fugitives or persons hidding out. Changng their identity for what ever illegal reason.
I almost choked on my coffee when I read this. Such hypocrisy would be laughable if it weren’t so outrageous. Why must our laws be followed when it benefits illegals, yet they should be circumvented to allow illegals to remain here? You can’t have it both ways.

Yes, we are a nation of laws; and they should ALL be enforced. This isn’t Burger King.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration