Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 08:06 PM

452 posts, read 1,132,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
To them, illegal aliens — excuse me, "undocumented immigrants" — in our midst are a "tolerance" issue. Why can't we be "tolerant" of drug dealers — excuse me, "unlicensed pharmacists" — crashing the gates? We don't have enough of them here already. We need more, to do those — altogether now — "jobs [most] Americans won't do."

Criminals welcome
Me? Scared? In disproportionate numbers, illegal aliens do things that are — well — illegal. Murder, rape, robbery, manslaughter, violent drug traffic — you name it. Criminals need love too. A throwback to President Clinton's Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders, who proclaimed the problem with criminals could be found in "the root causes" (i.e., maybe they had to wait five minutes for their bottles)?

A "how-to handbook on law-breaking

And why shouldn't the illegal arrivals assume lawbreaking is OK? In my own backyard, there is a pro-illegal alien outfit called Casa de Maryland, funded by Montgomery County. That's my wallet. But you'll get yours, too. Casa de Maryland also has received funds from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development. That's my and your wallet. But then who are we to complain? As taxpayers, our job is to shut up and pay the bills.

More laws to be ignored

Now, having disregarded immigration laws on the books, you are earnestly urged to believe that new laws on the books somehow will take on the aura of respect by the criminals who have profited by ignoring the old ones.

In truth, the amnesty bill that the president and a bipartisan coalition are trying to ram down our throats without so much as a Senate hearing also — (surprise!) — makes fools of those who respect laws. For details, we are indebted to Kris W. Kobach and Matthew Spaulding (Ph.D.) of the Heritage Foundation:
Article,
Immigration bill: Go ahead--break the law! Who cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 08:08 PM

592 posts, read 2,809,857 times
Once again, you hit the nail on the head.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:39 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,446 times
Angry Yup...this is what I've been saying over and over....

Thank's for the post/ link, and a fat rep point for telling us about it.
And, yes, this IS what I've been saying now for so many times, in so many posts.
This "amnesty" bill, or WHATEVER they want to call it (I call it the right for invasion bill), is an absolut disaster trough and through for anybody and everybody even remotely affected by it.
I really don't like the doom and gloom types, but I predict, that this will AVALANCHE into unforseen measures.....globally!!!!
Once this monster is unleashed......our everyday life will be done as we know it, and we will never get it back.
We will become 2nd class citizens/ immigrants in our own country.
Resources will be deplenished (Hospitals, schools, police because of crimes, more drugs...etc.etc.etc) and everything a taxpayer is supporting.....
It's not only against the laws, but also imoral for so many on so many levels.
Tell me....WHAT do the politicians get out of this??
I about 7 or 8 years, those now legal illegal immigrants (oxymoron anyone??? LOL) will have the right to vote.....
WHO DO YOU THINK THEY WILL BE VOTING FOR????
Right...another immigrant, because they are allowed to run for office.
Okay, I'd say another 10-15 years down the road, we will all answer to a hispanic government, and spanish will become the first language of the United States (Press #2 for english......)
Yet another humble opinion, backed up by a TRUCKLOAD of FACTS!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration