Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:42 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,000 times

Advertisements

Regardless of party, because I'm sick of this party partisan finger pointing. Both sides of the aisle are dragging their feet and making excuses as to why this or that hasn't been done. It seems simple to me ...

Take the money we taxpayers spend on debating the illegals issue in Washington, the money spent on free health care, schooling, loss taxes due to cash payments, drain on inferstructure, legal processes, jails and oh so much more and buy bricks.

Buy bricks and build a wall then man the wall and post a sign on the wall in ENGLISH. "Trespasser's will be shot." Sound cruel, there are many counties you can go to that will do just that if you try to sneak in or out form that matter.

I know you want to say, but we're Americans and we are better than that ... what has 'being better than that' got us so far? Now before certain groups start whining ... hear this I'm taking ALL illegals regardless of race, country, creed or religion. Either come here legally or don't come here at all.

Frankly I think it's so easy a politician can do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 10:57 AM

989 posts, read 2,761,464 times
Default I blame the corrupt relationship between business and politics

Everyone will agree that this situation has gotten way out of hand. It may seem cruel to do a crackdown, or "unfair" to offer forgiveness on some level but that is what is we need... not out of choice but out of necessary.

Treat it like ripping off a band-aid, get the pain over with, and get on with healing the nation. I'd rather we spent our time fixing things than squabbling about them... I guess that's not the American way (and in true American fashion, I blame the politicians).

Old 06-06-2007, 03:01 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Fine every employer who hires Illegals, it should be easy enough to find them, take that money and add a oneway exit gate to Mexico in that wall.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:50 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Regardless of party, because I'm sick of this party partisan finger pointing. Both sides of the aisle are dragging their feet and making excuses as to why this or that hasn't been done. It seems simple to me ...

Take the money we taxpayers spend on debating the illegals issue in Washington, the money spent on free health care, schooling, loss taxes due to cash payments, drain on inferstructure, legal processes, jails and oh so much more and buy bricks.

Buy bricks and build a wall then man the wall and post a sign on the wall in ENGLISH. "Trespasser's will be shot." Sound cruel, there are many counties you can go to that will do just that if you try to sneak in or out form that matter.

I know you want to say, but we're Americans and we are better than that ... what has 'being better than that' got us so far? Now before certain groups start whining ... hear this I'm taking ALL illegals regardless of race, country, creed or religion. Either come here legally or don't come here at all.

They'll always find away the involve "Political Correctness" which is one thing holding back our laws on the books.
I say: take it like a man!!
No pain no cure!!

Old 06-06-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
They'll always find away the involve "Political Correctness" which is one thing holding back our laws on the books.
I say: take it like a man!!
No pain no cure!!
Thomas Jefferson once said prior to the American Revolution ... "You can't have change without annoying a few people."

I'm sick of this PC world, call it what it is and say what needs to be said. If some one feeling get hurt in the process, get over it. Far to many people with their hearts on their sleeves.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:30 PM

592 posts, read 2,809,195 times
Quote:

I don't think I could add anything to that logic. Sad thing is, with all the fighting with partisan politics (very noticeable on this forum) nothing constructive gets done, meanwhile it is the taxpayers that take it in the chute. It makes me wonder, with all the infighting in Washington, if there is any politician free of of the money grubbing greed that will actually do what is in the best interest of American Citizens. Like you said Davart, build a wall, arm the guards fully, don't let the intruders sue the agents or our Government, protect our sovereignty first.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
First we need to secure our border. Then after we accomplish that we can start putting employers that hire them in prison, while at the same time grabbing illegals off the street and deporting them in large numbers. We don't have to deport all 20 million of them. Once jobs dry up and these criminals realize we aren't going to make it easy on them many will just leave.

The point is we don't want to import criminals to this country. We have enough of our own. And anyone who is willing to sneak into the USA and pick and choose which laws they will obey shouldn't be here. We need to use RICO type laws to seize their assets, put the military on the border, and stop granting anchor babies citizenship status.

Where's an Eisenhower when you need him?

Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post

Where's an Eisenhower when you need him?
Where's George S Patton?

Old 06-06-2007, 11:58 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
Quote:
Where's George S Patton?
Patton was dead. He died in a car accident. Eisenhower was elected president and solved the illegal alien problem at the time. There were about three million of the criminals here when Eisenhower took office. And there were a whole lot less of them by the time he left office.

Eisenhower cleared out these criminals the right way. He had INS agents grab them, and forcibly put them across the border. He shipped them south by train, boat and bus. And he sent them far south to make it harder for them to criminally violate our border again. He sent so many south experts estimate close to a million picked up and left voluntarily to avoid deportation.

And he did it all with a border patrol of less than one-tenth the size we have today. He was moving over a thousand of these criminals south every day. Clearly he was a patriot and a hero.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Patton was dead. He died in a car accident. Eisenhower was elected president and solved the illegal alien problem at the time. There were about three million of the criminals here when Eisenhower took office. And there were a whole lot less of them by the time he left office.

Eisenhower cleared out these criminals the right way. He had INS agents grab them, and forcibly put them across the border. He shipped them south by train, boat and bus. And he sent them far south to make it harder for them to criminally violate our border again. He sent so many south experts estimate close to a million picked up and left voluntarily to avoid deportation.

And he did it all with a border patrol of less than one-tenth the size we have today. He was moving over a thousand of these criminals south every day. Clearly he was a patriot and a hero.
Yes I know this, I just like Patton he had so much more flare than Ike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration