U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,529,435 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
John 8:7, give it a shot



So, everyone who had corned beef and cabbage on St. Patricks day enabled the illegals by purchasing cabbage picked largely by illegal labor.

Those enablers should certainly be punished...... severely, even beyond the heartburn they got from eating the stuff, according to the poster whom I quoted.
What a ridiculous argument. We have no way of knowing if the cabbage we eat has been picked by an illegal or not. We aren't guilty of anything unless we know for sure. It isn't up to your everyday American to check the credentials of the field hands. It is up to the farmers to do that. Are we supposed to stop eating all veggies and fruits because just "maybe" some illegal picked them? Come on get real! Fruits and veggies are a necessity in the human diet or we would get sick and die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2010, 04:15 PM
 
Location: San Diego
35,233 posts, read 32,197,534 times
Reputation: 19766
Pretty sure my cabbage is peasant free since I picked it from my garden. The beef came from my CO ranch so it's in good shape too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 05:14 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,529,435 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Pretty sure my cabbage is peasant free since I picked it from my garden. The beef came from my CO ranch so it's in good shape too.
Good for you. Many Americans do not have a garden because of space or other reasons so they have to buy their produce from a store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 10:34 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,549,920 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I can't get off of this story. A rancher (and others) trying to live their dream, constantly bombarded by illegal aliens trespassing, being robbed and now murdered on American soil because our government wants money and votes and misguided compassionates pining to go to heaven. Despicable.

Money and votes i agree with , compasionists being mis-quided is another story ,imo. Most churces are in trouble and like polititions they will bring in whoever and whatever will sit in their pews . Too many have been accused of very bad things and have lost members .

I'm a God fearing person but it's getting harder to find a place to worship and against the law to preach unless PC unless your a muslim .

This rancher getting killed is just more proof that Americans are asleep . A nation of sheep will be governed by wolves ' whoever said this sure knew what he was talking about !.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 10:43 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,549,920 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And if it turns out to be the act of illegals? Are you prepared to take a stand if only to agree that we need to control our borders and who crosses?
13 US citizens die per day, how many victims of rape, robbery or drunken driving? Yet the pro-illegal side will claim that its all hysterics to point out these facts. Worse still they make weak excuses that we have our own criminals who do the same things.... Whoa so that means a few thousand more a year is no big deal?

We were hit twice by non english speaking illegals while vacationing in Florida . Once in 1983 and again in 2006 . We have to pay for 'un-insured ' insurence because they ge away with driving without license,insurence and most everything else.

I think these last few presidents may be doing this to take attention off the real reason for amnesty of another group .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,549,920 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No link handy yet, just saw it on the news a few minutes ago: Gabrielle Giffords (politician) used the phrase 'tipping point' in dealing with illegal aliens. Apparently, people in Cochise County are angry now.
It sure took them long enough to get that way ! Didn't MCCain get elected there several times ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,549,920 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
The news article on Faux states that the various scenarios all point to the killer being part of a criminal gang.
The killer was probably not someone crossing to work, or intending to stay in the US.

To smear all persons who enter this country illegally to work by associating this killer with them, is the same as saying all Italians are Mafia.

Or all Christians want to kill a LEO and then massacre the attendees at his funeral in order to foment an uprising against the government.

Although, smearing an entire group because of the actions of a few is not a new concept, although, it is, fundamentally dishonest.

Are you an illegal or do you employ them ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 10:59 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,549,920 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Mr. Obama-our President of the United States is now, at this time, on Fox pandering his HC "law", gloating with self bravado about his victory while this man's family and America mourns due to his lack of seriousness to enforce our border security. Shame on you Mr. Obama. 'Tis a sad day when American citizens feel the need to defend ourselves from invaders into this country onto our own homeland. Shame on you Mr. Obama. Health Care is not going to do one bit of good for Mr. Krentz nor the other 30,000 Americans killed by illegal aliens. Shame on you Mr. Obama, how do you sleep at night.
Obamas wide awake, it's 'we the epople ' wh are asleep or he wouldn't be escalating the destruction the other amnesty lovers before him started .

The LaRAza'the race ' MENcha, and 3000 other latno groups now ruling over us are mostly the product of the Reagan amnesty . Their kids are now voting . So are the illegals some with several id's .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 11:06 PM
 
2,318 posts, read 1,549,920 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
While you’re reading John 8:7 also read the Ten Commandments. You have taken a scripture from the Bible which does not condone sin; rather, instructs us to acknowledge our own.

Show us a scripture which instructs us to disobey the laws of the land, evade taxes, steal, murder, and rape. Until then, you have no Biblical support for your argument.

When in a bind , lie ! If they can't use the race card the use hypocrit .

What i will never understand is why do you leave a hellhole, break into another nation and try to change it into the hellhole you just left !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2010, 03:32 AM
Yac
 
5,923 posts, read 6,536,904 times
Before this turns into a flame war and I'm forced to close it - I'd like to ask everyone to calm down. I understand this is an emotional topic but you're not arguing face to face, you have the time to calm down, re-read what you wrote before posting and be civil.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top