U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:24 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,139,160 times

Advertisements

Illegal Hispanic immigration is undermining American values / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

I found this article particularly interesting in regards to a sense of entitlement as well as the changing values of American sovereignty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 11:56 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Illegal Hispanic immigration is undermining American values / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

I found this article particularly interesting in regards to a sense of entitlement as well as the changing values of American sovereignty.
And the pendulum of public opinion is shifting against the reconquista. If anything: Mexico needs to grow up and take care of itself or we (the USA) will 'finish' what happened in 1848.

It is your choice, Mexico. Either regain control of your nation from the narco traitors or lose your sovereignty to either the USA or another power.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 26 days ago)

9,064 posts, read 15,475,124 times
Wow this is a terrible piece of "writing"...

Quote:
This trend has worrisome aspects. Imagine a huge, growing Hispanic underclass in America with a grudge, a burning sense of having been victimized by the “gringos.”
Broad strokes...

Quote:
any experts look with alarm on the fact that, unlike earlier European and Asian immigrants, the tsunami from the south too often undervalues educating children because many Hispanic parents resent the idea that their children will have more education than they have.
Ok How many? Where does the evidence come to corroborate this claim?
Ridic...

Is this not an attack on all Hispanics regardless of legal status?

Old 03-30-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Broad strokes...

Ridic...

Unfortunately; way too many Latinos (legal or not) look down on education beyond a certain level for their kids. The fact that so many US born/raised Hispanic kids have strong accents is a red flag unto itself---------unlike most Asian or Black African kids who immigrate here legally @ age 12 and usually speak proper 'Anglo' Engish less than 10 years later.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:21 PM

32,813 posts, read 30,061,070 times
sums it up

America is not a dumping ground for the rest of the world’s surplus population.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unfortunately; way too many Latinos (legal or not) look down on education beyond a certain level for their kids. The fact that so many US born/raised Hispanic kids have strong accents is a red flag unto itself---------unlike most Asian or Black African kids who immigrate here legally @ age 12 and usually speak proper 'Anglo' Engish less than 10 years later.
That doesn't mean the parents resent their children having more education than them...That's a long jump to a stupid conclusion.

You know I really start to wonder how many Hispanics you have been around if you believe this.

Last edited by Mach50; 03-30-2010 at 12:41 PM..

Old 03-30-2010, 12:30 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,074,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the pendulum of public opinion is shifting against the reconquista. If anything: Mexico needs to grow up and take care of itself or we (the USA) will 'finish' what happened in 1848.

It is your choice, Mexico. Either regain control of your nation from the narco traitors or lose your sovereignty to either the USA or another power.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:32 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,074,023 times
tell me about it!!! most of th parents(of dubious citizenship) at my kids schools WANT and DESIRE their kids be MORE educated. i dont beleive this tripe one bit. why would parents resent their kids for being educated. that is one of the main reasons they come here. to provide a better life and education for their children.

it was a silly article. from the CSM of all places
Quote:

Broad strokes...

Ridic...

Old 03-30-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
tell me about it!!! most of th parents(of dubious citizenship) at my kids schools WANT and DESIRE their kids be MORE educated. i dont beleive this tripe one bit. why would parents resent their kids for being educated. that is one of the main reasons they come here. to provide a better life and education for their children.

it was a silly article. from the CSM of all places
I thought they risked their lives crossing the desert to see their kids fail and get a worse life?

I think the author just watched the movie "Precious" or something...

Old 03-30-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
That doesn't mean the parents resent their children having more education than them...That's a long jump to a stupid conclusion.

You know I really start to wonder how many Hispanics you have been around if you believe this.
I have heard way too many 'Chicano' kids speak poor English; trust me on that.

Yet many a 'brown' Asian speaks correct English.

Bottom line: what I outlined is a damning indictment of 'Hispanic' culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or