U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2010, 02:23 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The Fort Hancock high school, one secretary said, is preparing for more pupils and holding conferences with law enforcement on how to face the crisis. Franco says contingency plans are being drawn up in case the entire population of El Porvenir flees. “It is what we fear the most,” he said.
FOXNews.com - Texas Town on High Alert as Mexican Town Across Border Braces for Cartel Gun Battle

Anybody here remember my prediction that the US will be flooded for frightened Mexican nationals due to SoB imploding soon? Note I am not referring to the garden variety of illegal alien here--------I am speaking of those folks would would not leave Mexico illegally without good cause.

I 'hijacked' floridasandy's link from the Krentz rancher murder thread.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
My uncle did the same thing (with a Visa), but he has since moved back under constant threat for his business, family etc.

What if the US were to enact some sort of "wet foot dry foot immigration policy" for Mexico like Cuba?
How angry would everyone be here?
What would happen to the people already here illegally?

So many questions now...

Old 03-31-2010, 02:45 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
My uncle did the same thing (with a Visa), but he has since moved back under constant threat for his business, family etc.

What if the US were to enact some sort of "wet foot dry foot immigration policy" for Mexico like Cuba?

So many questions now...
I seriously don't think it can get any worse, anger wise. High unemployment, deficits in about every City, State and County budgets. There are other Nations on the planet, they don't need to target the US.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:

So many questions now...
Unknown answers to your questions here.

This I will say: the odds are growing astronomically that the USA will have to step in and take control of large swaths of at least northern Mexico--------at the residents' request since Mexico City seems unable to take care of business.

And to follow this 'war game scenario' to its logical conclusion: Mexico 1821-2010.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 PM

Being that the US also has a hand (and wallet) in this war upon the cartels, I seriously bet we are looking at political asylum. Too much traceable blood for both governments.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:49 PM

3,287 posts, read 4,936,515 times
If the USA didn't have such a monstrous appetite for the drugs the cartel supplies, this "threat" wouldn't exist. We share hugely in the problem.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
If the USA didn't have such a monstrous appetite for the drugs the cartel supplies, this "threat" wouldn't exist. We share hugely in the problem.

...this just gets me thinking that legalizing all drugs would have been so much simpler.

Let the people who want to die (taking drugs), die.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
...this just gets me thinking that legalizing all drugs would have been so much simpler.

Let the people who want to die (taking drugs), die.
I agree!

Old 03-31-2010, 03:05 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:

So many questions now...
Speaking for myself, I never agreed with the "wet foot, dry foot" policy for Cuban citizens and I certainly wouldn't for Mexico's citizens either. We simply cannot be the haven for every poor, politically or economic destitute anymore.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Note that most of Mexico's illegal drugs are now heading directly to Europe, etc. bypassing the USA. Too; drug consumption here is dropping-------especially Meth. For that matter; more and more marijuana is now being grown here in the USA.........admittedly in part by Mx drug cartels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or