Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You For Amnesty For The Illegals
yes 25 11.11%
no 185 82.22%
other 6 2.67%
not sure 9 4.00%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
I couldn't vote on the poll, so I will just give my opinion: Yes.
As for as labeling them illegals that is comparable to calling a baby illegitimate because the parents aren't married. Both words suck and are unfair.
No human being is Illegal
Nonsense! A baby has no control over the circumstances of its birth. However, an illegal alien adult makes a conscious decision to violate the laws of a sovereign nation. There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

A human is not illegal. However, the “behavior” of a human can indeed be illegal. A Foreigner who enters this country without permission, or fails to comply with the terms of their visa, has violated our immigration laws. Thus, they are aptly described as “illegal” aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Nonsense! A baby has no control over the circumstances of its birth. However, an illegal alien adult makes a conscious decision to violate the laws of a sovereign nation. There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

A human is not illegal. However, the “behavior” of a human can indeed be illegal. A Foreigner who enters this country without permission, or fails to comply with the terms of their visa, has violated our immigration laws. Thus, they are aptly described as “illegal” aliens.
The pro-illegals know this but yet they persist with their twist of "no human is illegal". They know full well that it is the illegal alien's behavior that is illegal. They need to come up with some new lines. That one is getting really old.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
As for as labeling them illegals that is comparable to calling a baby illegitimate because the parents aren't married. Both words suck and are unfair.
No human being is Illegal.
Try pulling that nonsense down in Mexico and see what happens.............

Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Their thieving ways are criminal. I want my money back. How come they can't come here and stay away from my money? They are jammed into my schools, ERs and on the roads too.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:34 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
It's a shame that the Pro-Illegals apologist don't feel the effect of illegal immigration....But the day will come when they will feel it. By then it will be too late. Acually, the Pro's are passing it on to the future and their children.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:50 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
12% unemployment and 20 million illegals looking to fill those jobs? i dont think so.
how bout amensty for them in their homeland, mexico. they came uninvited they can return w/o fanfare.
I'd rep you for this if I could. Stupid system keeps telling me to spread the love before repping you again.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:58 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,257 times
I also voted "No" on the poll.

If someone crosses over the US border and enters the country undocumented, they have entered the country illegally and that is a crime.

Other countries send you to prison for doing such things. Remember the two female Journalists that worked for Al Gore that crossed into N. Korea illegally? They put them in prison. But, President Clinton went there and came back with them.

I really don't understand why so many people have ZERO problems with other countries enforcing their border laws, yet those same people believe we have no rights to enforce our own border laws here in the US. Honestly, that *logic* boggles the mind.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 PM

65 posts, read 218,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I'm on the fence. The way I see it is they'll keep coming to this country until NAFTA is overturned, might as well tax them. It would certainly help California's budget problem.
It would help lower the debt im sure but, if you look at it, say they pay a fine and its a nice boost. They are still overcrowding schools, so more money has to continue to be spent there, they bring more crime (their all not criminals, but they bring more crime) in which money has to be spent on that. It's a lot more than that, but basically my point is the fact that they came in so fast and so large is always going to be a strain on our economy.

My biggest problem is jobs, why would we support jobs for someone who isn't even American when millions of us our out of work?

"They jus want a better life, and if it were you you'd do the same." We'll hookers and pimps are just working to make money and have a good life too, are we gonna make that legal? If your neighbors house is nicer than your's does that make it okay for you to break in?

And the jobs they do are NOT all in the field and landscape. a mcdonalds was raided in the phoenix area (where I live) and the store manager and a Gen manager were illegal. But mcdonalds checks status and uses e-verify right? yeah, but illegals use false identities to get jobs, good jobs, and then you have to pay their back taxes, and that's just if you catch them.

also a paper mill was raided and 34 out of 44 were arrested for Id theft, I could go on and on, and this is just the phoenix area, I can imagine LA.

We are the land of the free, but not free to do whatever you want, and we have to obligation to the poor people of other countries at our expense. Just like my ancestors stayed and fought for their rights after slavery the illegals can fight for their rights in their own country.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:34 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,034,543 times
Quote:
Yes, they are.

And they are criminals.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonrchrd View Post
It would help lower the debt im sure but, if you look at it, say they pay a fine and its a nice boost. They are still overcrowding schools, so more money has to continue to be spent there, they bring more crime (their all not criminals, but they bring more crime) in which money has to be spent on that. It's a lot more than that, but basically my point is the fact that they came in so fast and so large is always going to be a strain on our economy.

My biggest problem is jobs, why would we support jobs for someone who isn't even American when millions of us our out of work?

"They jus want a better life, and if it were you you'd do the same." We'll hookers and pimps are just working to make money and have a good life too, are we gonna make that legal? If your neighbors house is nicer than your's does that make it okay for you to break in?

And the jobs they do are NOT all in the field and landscape. a mcdonalds was raided in the phoenix area (where I live) and the store manager and a Gen manager were illegal. But mcdonalds checks status and uses e-verify right? yeah, but illegals use false identities to get jobs, good jobs, and then you have to pay their back taxes, and that's just if you catch them.

also a paper mill was raided and 34 out of 44 were arrested for Id theft, I could go on and on, and this is just the phoenix area, I can imagine LA.

We are the land of the free, but not free to do whatever you want, and we have to obligation to the poor people of other countries at our expense. Just like my ancestors stayed and fought for their rights after slavery the illegals can fight for their rights in their own country.
Thank you! I’m so sick of hearing all of the excuses for them not being able to seek a better life at home. They have the audacity to call Americans lazy, while they are obviously much too lazy (and cowardly) to fight to improve conditions in their own countries. It’s easier to come here illegally and reap the benefits from our hard work and taxes. Funny, they manage to muster enough “courage” to march in OUR streets to demand amnesty and rights and privileges they have no right to expect as intruders. Why don’t they take some of that gall and demand change at home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration