U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:28 AM

27,994 posts, read 46,359,104 times

Advertisements

A fragile compromise that would legalize millions of unlawful immigrants risks coming unraveled after the Senate voted early Thursday to place a five-year limit on a program meant to provide U.S. employers with 200,000 temporary foreign workers annually.

The 49-48 vote came two weeks after the Senate, also by a one-vote margin, rejected the same amendment by Sen. Byron Dorgan. The North Dakota Democrat says immigrants take many jobs Americans could fill.

ABC News: Senate Vote Threatens Immigration Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 09:42 AM

99 posts, read 322,692 times
Default Nice

That's good news, but was a close call. Maybe there is a shred of hope here.
Now we need to think of a plan to reverse some of the damage from not
protecting our borders well enough, and stop them from coming in unlawfully
from here on out.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:27 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
I have spent yesterday and I will spend today writing and calling our elected officials all day long registering my displeasure. We had better find our voices because along with the 12 to 20 million they want to let immigrants bring in all their extended family members and with social security cards they will get welfare. They will deplete our social security and you have to love the fact that some like Kennedy want them to get earned income credit. Pay your $500 down on your fine and we will give you $1500 in earned income credit! Write your emails and make those calls!

Old 06-07-2007, 03:44 PM

398 posts, read 1,265,158 times
I've said before, WE MUST STOP THAT BILL. That bill has the germ of our selfdestruction in it. Please open American's eyes. There are still so many Americans living in LALALAND, without problems, and they don't see what is coming. SPREAD THE WORD.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:43 PM

29 posts, read 99,768 times
They need to pass the Oklahoma immigration bill that goes into effect Nov.1, 2007. Its a good law and a fair law. It gets the illegals off dead center as to
be an american or go home.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerpa View Post
They need to pass the Oklahoma immigration bill that goes into effect Nov.1, 2007. Its a good law and a fair law. It gets the illegals off dead center as to
be an american or go home.
Where can we see/read this bill? Sounds interesting...

Old 06-21-2007, 08:20 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Default I will not stop

If Bush doesnt want to stop "reintroducing" this bill in different forms, I will not stop calling, faxing, complaining, speaking up, whatever against this. These headlines are a great way to get people to think that it is a done deal or it was defeated. Really if that was the case why does it keep coming back? They hope people will drop their fight. It is only over when every shred of this bill or another that rewards illegals is done I wont stop until then...

Old 06-21-2007, 11:48 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
Bush isn't giving up. And people keep asking me why I keep calling this the Bush Amnesty Proposal instead of the Kennedy Proposal. I heard on a news program this is going to be brought back up on Tuesday for another vote.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:56 AM

504 posts, read 1,619,132 times
Everyone needs to keep an eye on Wal mart, they are going into the financial business in a big way. I truly believe that they think that the undocumented workers will be able to stay and they want to be the first to offer them banking priveleges.
I have said all along amnesty of some sort will be given and now with Wal Mart stepping in its almost a given.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:05 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
B of A and Wells Fargo are already giving them banking privledges. They accept the Mexican Matricula Card as ID, and many, especially along the border, have started giving out home loans as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or