U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2007, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Joplin
2,201 posts, read 2,243,283 times
Reputation: 4256

Advertisements

Its things like this that make good people do stupid things. THis is a load of Crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-07-2007, 11:40 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a nice surprise planned for "Aztlan"....

Pleas,,,,,,Do Tell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2007, 11:48 PM
 
911 posts, read 3,198,230 times
Reputation: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Pleas,,,,,,Do Tell
That would ruin the "Surprise"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2007, 12:00 AM
 
Location: deep in the south
233 posts, read 389,677 times
Reputation: 117
Default I'll be printing again..........

Everytime something like this comes up from the opposition I print a load of copies and pass them out to people while I am out and about...........you'd be surprised at how many people have no clue about all this going on, you have to see the looks on their face as they start reading this stuff.............shock, bewilderment, fear and then ANGER. Then they start asking lots of questions and I tell them about this website and some others too so they can educate themselves, I also carry a stack of index cards and post-it notes with web address's on them to direct them for more info. Little things like this can carry lots of weight in their education on the matter............maybe something more could do too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2007, 12:14 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
Everytime something like this comes up from the opposition I print a load of copies and pass them out to people while I am out and about...........you'd be surprised at how many people have no clue about all this going on, you have to see the looks on their face as they start reading this stuff.............shock, bewilderment, fear and then ANGER. Then they start asking lots of questions and I tell them about this website and some others too so they can educate themselves, I also carry a stack of index cards and post-it notes with web address's on them to direct them for more info. Little things like this can carry lots of weight in their education on the matter............maybe something more could do too.
Yes, I have run into that myself. I have a list of forums in different states and Cities. I research the threads to find which ones have the least knowlege on Illegal Immigration.
I have awoke the big giant many times myself.
Does'nt it give you a good feeling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 AM
 
Location: deep in the south
233 posts, read 389,677 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Yes, I have run into that myself. I have a list of forums in different states and Cities. I research the threads to find which ones have the least knowlege on Illegal Immigration.
I have awoke the big giant many times myself.
Does'nt it give you a good feeling?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
It gives me a GREAT feeling! And chances are if we all did this simple thing it would make a world of difference in the numbers against this nonsense. The best part is with something like this posted message from the other side is, they are hurting themselves with their own words so it makes the job of educating people on this issue so much easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2007, 05:41 AM
 
Location: SW Kansas
1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
Reputation: 1401
Default Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
Everytime something like this comes up from the opposition I print a load of copies and pass them out to people while I am out and about...........you'd be surprised at how many people have no clue about all this going on, you have to see the looks on their face as they start reading this stuff.............shock, bewilderment, fear and then ANGER. Then they start asking lots of questions and I tell them about this website and some others too so they can educate themselves, I also carry a stack of index cards and post-it notes with web address's on them to direct them for more info. Little things like this can carry lots of weight in their education on the matter............maybe something more could do too.
I'll have to go to town and get more printer paper! Great idea! I have found through talking with people that so many are just clueless. It takes way too much time to try and keep up with all the issues and thier lives are already full. Amazing how many of them share my opinions when given the facts on the issues. We've just got to get the information to them in an easily read format and then sit back and watch Americans take America back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2007, 08:50 AM
 
Location: deep in the south
233 posts, read 389,677 times
Reputation: 117
Talking List websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
I'll have to go to town and get more printer paper! Great idea! I have found through talking with people that so many are just clueless. It takes way too much time to try and keep up with all the issues and thier lives are already full. Amazing how many of them share my opinions when given the facts on the issues. We've just got to get the information to them in an easily read format and then sit back and watch Americans take America back!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
Chele,
What I do is print up regular letter size sheets with some web sites on them, making sure the first one I start with is WeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com and then list some others that spew the worst of their rhetoric, I get about six post it size notes to each page, then I cut them apart and hand them out or leave them on store shelves where they will be found...........you know how curious people can be. Usually I will hand them to people I meet but if I don't have time I will leave some among the can goods and in the bread section and such in the grocery stores, I also put them on public bulletin boards that the laundry supplys to the customers (people waiting for laundry are always looking for something to read while waiting for the machines to get done)and store bulletin boards where customers advertise garage sales and such............I will put them anywhere I think people might have time on their hands to read............another instance, today I have a doctors appointment and I will leave some when I leave, some LaRaza and other stuff I have printed out..........next patient waiting for the doc might have nothing to read so he might want to read what I left...............Doing this doesn't require anyone to spend tons of time they don't have, there are many simple ways to get the word out..............and the more we get it out there the better it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
Chele,
What I do is print up regular letter size sheets with some web sites on them, making sure the first one I start with is WeHateGringos - WeHateGringos.com and then list some others that spew the worst of their rhetoric, I get about six post it size notes to each page, then I cut them apart and hand them out or leave them on store shelves where they will be found...........you know how curious people can be. Usually I will hand them to people I meet but if I don't have time I will leave some among the can goods and in the bread section and such in the grocery stores, I also put them on public bulletin boards that the laundry supplys to the customers (people waiting for laundry are always looking for something to read while waiting for the machines to get done)and store bulletin boards where customers advertise garage sales and such............I will put them anywhere I think people might have time on their hands to read............another instance, today I have a doctors appointment and I will leave some when I leave, some LaRaza and other stuff I have printed out..........next patient waiting for the doc might have nothing to read so he might want to read what I left...............Doing this doesn't require anyone to spend tons of time they don't have, there are many simple ways to get the word out..............and the more we get it out there the better it is.
Excellent work "mollies mom"!!
I have found that passing on videos of Demonstrations like"WeHateGringos" to other forums, never fails to open eyes and take the breath from some people.
One trick is to share only the "truth" to more silent/humble areas of the country without being so damned PC about it. I've passed "WeHateGringos" from coast to Coast and border to border and beyond. Including putting links in the "opinion section" of many newspapers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2007, 02:35 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Reputation: 382
Bush hopes to revive immigration bill (broken link)

We need to spend next week making calls and sending emails to Bushxico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top