Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:07 AM

8,579 posts, read 10,099,262 times

Advertisements

I've spent some great vacations down in Mexico (Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Puerto Penasco, etc) and quite a bit of money there as well.

I just hate the idea of what the leadership in Mexico thinks about my state and how they love to take our travel dollars, yet turn around and encourage their own residents to take advantage of our resources here.

I'm not sure I'll be taking a vacation in Mexico anytime soon. I'll gladly be substituting it for Hawaii since I've also had some great vacations there as well.

Get your act together Mexico or not only will you be losing remittances, but also future revenue! Remittances have already dropped this year.

Mexico Sees Record Drop in Remittances - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 AM

752 posts, read 1,459,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I've spent some great vacations down in Mexico (Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Puerto Penasco, etc) and quite a bit of money there as well.

I just hate the idea of what the leadership in Mexico thinks about my state and how they love to take our travel dollars, yet turn around and encourage their own residents to take advantage of our resources here.

I'm not sure I'll be taking a vacation in Mexico anytime soon. I'll gladly be substituting it for Hawaii since I've also had some great vacations there as well.

Get your act together Mexico or not only will you be losing remittances, but also future revenue! Remittances have already dropped this year.

Mexico Sees Record Drop in Remittances - CBS News
don't worry, Mexico is making enough money from Ford and GM alone to take back every Illegal Immigrant from Mexico and house and feed them and they're entire families until the end of time.

everything not made in China is hencho en Mexico

Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,059,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
don't worry, Mexico is making enough money from Ford and GM alone to take back every Illegal Immigrant from Mexico and house and feed them and they're entire families until the end of time.

Proof please.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:23 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,509,111 times
Quote:
The beer is cheaper and better in Mexico, the food is better and there is less humidity. And then there is the prejudice, the Hawaiians don't care much for haoles, whereas in Mexico, as long as you don't act like the ugly American, the Mexicans like you and will open their homes to you. Hawaii has nothing like San Miguel De Allende, but, we all must make our choices

Old 05-07-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
The beer is cheaper and better in Mexico, the food is better and there is less humidity. And then there is the prejudice, the Hawaiians don't care much for haoles, whereas in Mexico, as long as you don't act like the ugly American, the Mexicans like you and will open their homes to you. Hawaii has nothing like San Miguel De Allende, but, we all must make our choices
I believe I've traveled enough to know the differences between Mexico and Hawaii, Mykonos and any other place, thanks. I'll stick to my own plans.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:43 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,021,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post

Only problem is...They're not taking them back and even if they did, the supposed wealth would not be distributed...Slightly different political system than the U.S....at least for the time being...

Old 05-07-2010, 11:27 AM

50,149 posts, read 46,793,388 times
I've boycotted Mexico ever since I got rolled on Revolution av in broad daylight by the Policia for 200 bucks.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:16 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,509,111 times
Quote:
I believe I've traveled enough to know the differences between Mexico and Hawaii, Mykonos and any other place, thanks. I'll stick to my own plans.
My, aren't we special, Mykonos too, the home of drunk sunburned brits.

I remember, some time ago, probably before your birth, a helicopter flew low and slow over a nude beach in Mykonos, the problem was, it had US NAVY written in large black letters on the sides, cuase a bit of an international incident.

But, that does not subtract from, the cold beer and warm people and great food found in Mexico.

and one must never forget the pie ladies, in the sheltered cove half way down the west coast, best pies in the world from fresh picked fruit cooked to order.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
My, aren't we special, Mykonos too, the home of drunk sunburned brits.

I remember, some time ago, probably before your birth, a helicopter flew low and slow over a nude beach in Mykonos, the problem was, it had US NAVY written in large black letters on the sides, cuase a bit of an international incident.

But, that does not subtract from, the cold beer and warm people and great food found in Mexico.

and one must never forget the pie ladies, in the sheltered cove half way down the west coast, best pies in the world from fresh picked fruit cooked to order.
I'm not sure why you singled out Mykonos as the home of drunk sunburned brits (perhaps you mixed it up with Tenerife)...Incidentally, if you've been to Mykonos, you'd know it is more of a mix of Germans, Italians, French, and English as well as being gay hotspot, and yes, I've been to Super Paradise Beach.

BTW, there is more of a demand for bottled water than beer in Mexico for tourists like me which sucks (like their tap water) because in many places, they charge more for water.

Last edited by AZLiam; 05-07-2010 at 12:54 PM..

Old 05-07-2010, 02:02 PM

50,149 posts, read 46,793,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I'm not sure why you singled out Mykonos as the home of drunk sunburned brits (perhaps you mixed it up with Tenerife)...Incidentally, if you've been to Mykonos, you'd know it is more of a mix of Germans, Italians, French, and English as well as being gay hotspot, and yes, I've been to Super Paradise Beach.

BTW, there is more of a demand for bottled water than beer in Mexico for tourists like me which sucks (like their tap water) because in many places, they charge more for water.

The only thing most see in these tourist towns is money, as in they want yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration