Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Barkley: The governor, the interim governor I might add. JD Hayworth and John McCain. They're the ones screwing this thing up. I have to really take my hat off to Robert Sarver and his sons for taking a stand. Living in Arizona for a long time, the Hispanic community are like the fabric of the cloth. They're part of our community and anytime you try to do any type of racial profiling or racial discrimination, this is a federal, Obama..we've got to do something because these little light weight politicians in AZ don't know what they're doing.
Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Chris Webber blast Arizona's SB 1070 and their own TNT reporter during "Los Suns" Game | Crooks and Liars

I have seen a lot more African Americans coming out against the law than in support of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 10:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
2 out of 3 known as much for their arrests as for their basketball skills. Not exactly the kind of guys I would accept social advice from nor would I respect their opinions.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:08 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
Basketball advice... yes.
Financial advice... probably not
Political advice... no way

Quote:
Obama..we've got to do something because these little light weight politicians in AZ don't know what they're doing.
In this sentence I think he has the politicians in AZ mixed up with Obama. Switch their places and it makes a lot more sense.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:45 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,582 times
A lot of these ex athletes only embarrass black people like myself when they speak. Webber said John McClaine for christ sakes thinkin about Die hard; Barkley , after all of this time ,still has terrible diction, and Kenny Smith is just absurd. The stupidty of all of these athletes and owners is insane.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
A lot of these ex athletes only embarrass black people like myself when they speak. Webber said John McClaine for christ sakes thinkin about Die hard; Barkley , after all of this time ,still has terrible diction, and Kenny Smith is just absurd. The stupidty of all of these athletes and owners is insane.
The illegal immigration mess definitely has split the AA community.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:18 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
Barkley is rich, as well as all these celebrities that are calling out Arizona. They have NO idea what it means to be a low, middle income legal resident here who has to see illegal immigrants continue to take. It is really easy for Barkley to say these things as a multi-millionaire. Has he had to compete with illegal immigrants for work? I say, put these guys on the street, in the "hoods" and in the non-private schools and see what they would say then? In my city, you can't go to some neighborhood parks to play basketball without tons of illegal immigrants playing basketball, basically forcing you, a legal resident, to wait 'til they decide they are finished just to enjoy your park. And, yes, they are illegal because they told me. I wonder if Barkley would still feel that they are the "fabric of the cloth" if he were living in the "hood" and thousands of illegal immigrants just came up in the neighborhood and took the resources and good life.

These people are lost ... they really need to learn about illegal immigration before they open their mouths and ruin things by brainwashing the people who follow them and believe everything they say. Irresponsible media is what it is. They probably love spending their thousands of dollars in restaurants that are owned or ran by illegal immigrants. So, you know that very wealthy people barely feel the effects of illegal immigration. They are loving it because either they have cheap labor or they can parade around enjoying the culture and then once they had their fill, they can retreat back to their wealthy neighborhoods untouched by illegal immigration.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 PM

683 posts, read 428,696 times
Lord knows if we as American Citizens should trust anyone to give us an honest, lawful and common sense opinion on anything it's NBA players we should trust.

Old 05-08-2010, 05:41 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Shame on them. I tune into sports to GET AWAY from the political mess and controversy. If I wanted to hear about this I have CNN and FOX News on cable. Keep sports brodcasting and politics seperate!!

Old 05-08-2010, 05:59 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Shame on them. I tune into sports to GET AWAY from the political mess and controversy. If I wanted to hear about this I have CNN and FOX News on cable. Keep sports brodcasting and politics seperate!!
And this is all that needs to be said. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration