U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 06:07 PM

181 posts, read 281,369 times

Advertisements

I am so sick of hearing that.

There are REASONS why they can afford to make $9.00/hour in CA doing restaurant work or working in a hotel. I am not sure if taxpayers realize the free subsidies illegals get, but I hope to deliniate them and give them a real cash value to add to their monthly income. Studies have shown that illegals are more and more coming to the US with a spouse and extended family, waiting to have children until they get to the US because the US provides benefits to children of illegals born on US soil. So, let's look at an illegal worker, his illegal wife who stays home with the children, and 2 US born children of the illegals.

1. Medicaid: Free for the worker's children. Cash value of health insurance for two children= $250 a month
2. WIC: Free for pregnant women, children under 5. Cash value of the food subsidies: $200-300 per month depending on age of children.
3. Food stamps: Free to children of illegals. Cash value: $340 per month for two children in CA.
4. Cash aid: up to $475 for two children in CA.

So, the illegal worker in my scenario works in a restaurant making $9 an hour. That would make the worker's gross income $1440 for four people. Now let's add the cash value of the government subsidies:

income: $1440
Medicaid: $250
WIC: $250
Food Stamps: $340
(to be fair, I won't include cash aid, as MAYBE they are being honest and admitting the illegal worker LIVES in the home)

new subsidized total without cash aid: $2280
Broken down into hourly income: $14.25 per hour

Now, let me explain about cash aid: if the father is said to not be in the home (mother lies and says father is in Mexico, she doesn't know where he is, then social services will give her cash aid for the children. Yes, it is lying, yes people do it, but I didn't include it in my initial calculation. I will do it here, so we can see the difference if illegals REALLY want to work the system. Social services have a hard time finding fraud with illegals, as there are no SS#s to track.)

Subsidized total $2280
Additional cash aid: $340
New total: $2620
New hourly income: $16.37 per hour

So, my point is this: with all of the government subsidizes that illegals are eligible to receive to buffer the low income, that is the only reason they can afford to take those jobs. It isn't because they have taken Dave Ramsey's financial course; they have to pay rent just like every LEGAL citizen.

This post is simply meant to point out that there are REASONS illegals can work for low wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 07:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,501,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgoldilocks View Post
I am so sick of hearing that.

There are REASONS why they can afford to make $9.00/hour in CA doing restaurant work or working in a hotel. I am not sure if taxpayers realize the free subsidies illegals get, but I hope to deliniate them and give them a real cash value to add to their monthly income. Studies have shown that illegals are more and more coming to the US with a spouse and extended family, waiting to have children until they get to the US because the US provides benefits to children of illegals born on US soil. So, let's look at an illegal worker, his illegal wife who stays home with the children, and 2 US born children of the illegals.

1. Medicaid: Free for the worker's children. Cash value of health insurance for two children= $250 a month
2. WIC: Free for pregnant women, children under 5. Cash value of the food subsidies: $200-300 per month depending on age of children.
3. Food stamps: Free to children of illegals. Cash value: $340 per month for two children in CA.
4. Cash aid: up to $475 for two children in CA.

So, the illegal worker in my scenario works in a restaurant making $9 an hour. That would make the worker's gross income $1440 for four people. Now let's add the cash value of the government subsidies:

income: $1440
Medicaid: $250
WIC: $250
Food Stamps: $340
(to be fair, I won't include cash aid, as MAYBE they are being honest and admitting the illegal worker LIVES in the home)

new subsidized total without cash aid: $2280
Broken down into hourly income: $14.25 per hour

Now, let me explain about cash aid: if the father is said to not be in the home (mother lies and says father is in Mexico, she doesn't know where he is, then social services will give her cash aid for the children. Yes, it is lying, yes people do it, but I didn't include it in my initial calculation. I will do it here, so we can see the difference if illegals REALLY want to work the system. Social services have a hard time finding fraud with illegals, as there are no SS#s to track.)

Subsidized total $2280
Additional cash aid: $340
New total: $2620
New hourly income: $16.37 per hour

So, my point is this: with all of the government subsidizes that illegals are eligible to receive to buffer the low income, that is the only reason they can afford to take those jobs. It isn't because they have taken Dave Ramsey's financial course; they have to pay rent just like every LEGAL citizen.

This post is simply meant to point out that there are REASONS illegals can work for low wages.
Right, and who actually pays for all of these subsidies? You and I the taxpayer which decreases our spendable income significantly not to mention that many blue collar workers have loss their jobs to illegal aliens.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:13 PM

61 posts, read 65,773 times
I feel so sorry for people that have taken advantage of our system because they think they are entitled to do so.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,850,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmsb1 View Post
I feel so sorry for people that have taken advantage of our system because they think they are entitled to do so.
Why are you feeling sorry for them, they are not feeling sorry for themselves in the least, they probably are feeling pretty good.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,203,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmsb1 View Post
How can they steal what is given...many may be upset that unathorized aliens recive benefits, but is wasnt the alien that wrote the rule.
Its false to say that the are abusing the system...If you could send your child to school and it was allowed, what would you do? The Supreme court ruled that all children were entitled to a free education regardless of immigration status.

Ronald Regan on America..."I, in my own mind, have always thought of America as a place in the divine scheme of things that was set aside as a promised land. It was set here and the price of admission was very simple: the means of selection was very simple as to how this land should be populated. Any place in the world and any person from those places; any person with the courage, with the desire to tear up their roots, to strive for freedom, to attempt and dare to live in a strange and foreign place, to travel halfway across the world was welcome here."

You're so right Sir...

Old 04-06-2010, 10:42 PM

264 posts, read 400,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Why are you feeling sorry for them, they are not feeling sorry for themselves in the least, they probably are feeling pretty good.
Good point.

And they are most CERTAINLY not sorry for you or I, the U.S. taxpayer!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:59 PM

61 posts, read 65,773 times
I really don't feel sorry for people that have sneaked into are country illegally because they have made the decision not to respect are current immigration laws. Being poor is not a excuse for breaking are laws! And yes it is legal to receive benefits for babies that have been born here but you are knowingly abusing the system and not caring about how much it is costing us to provide these services. I don't mind helping other people but to abuse my generosity is another thing all together.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:10 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,200,581 times
Don't forget the housing subsidies they also receive. And they DO abuse our system. These monies were set up for Americans. They bypass our immigration laws, drop a baby so they can receive these benefits, taking from everyone.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:24 AM

7,677 posts, read 8,459,135 times
cdgoldilocks should be charged with accessory to murder for the 13 Americans that will be murdered by illegal immigrants today, and also charged with aiding and abetting illegal immigrants. I would also add on seditious conspiracy.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:53 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,501,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
How can they steal what is given...many may be upset that unathorized aliens recive benefits, but is wasnt the alien that wrote the rule.
Its false to say that the are abusing the system...If you could send your child to school and it was allowed, what would you do? The Supreme court ruled that all children were entitled to a free education regardless of immigration status.

Ronald Regan on America..."I, in my own mind, have always thought of America as a place in the divine scheme of things that was set aside as a promised land. It was set here and the price of admission was very simple: the means of selection was very simple as to how this land should be populated. Any place in the world and any person from those places; any person with the courage, with the desire to tear up their roots, to strive for freedom, to attempt and dare to live in a strange and foreign place, to travel halfway across the world was welcome here."

You're so right Sir...
Do you not understand that Reagen was talking about the past and how immigration was done back then? The word "was" throughout his statement is your clue. He in no way was implying or encouraging immigrants to come here illegally in violation of our immigration laws when he was in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration