U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 AM

233 posts, read 389,907 times

Advertisements

My brother in law is part owner of a car wash/oil change place and the majority of his staff is on work release, most for stupid petty stuff. He says he has only had problems with one or two in the past 6 years.........and the problem was mainly never showing up for work on time. A few of them have stayed on after they were done doing their time and were free to do what they wanted. He gets hasseled everyday by illegals coming into the place asking for work...............he tells them he doesn't hire unless they are documented, most just leave but a few have cursed him out about it. There used to be a bus that stopped on the corner of his property and would load up with the undocumented to take them to job sites but he got them run off so now they are all hanging out over at the local Home Depot parking lot where they are allowed to hassel customers buying construction supplies...........which is why HD lost all the business from us and the rest of the family. If you are an American and love this country you have no business hiring ANY illegal and if you do my hope would be that you loose your business for your hypocritical ways because you sure don't deserve to receive any money from the Americans you are hurting by your actions.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 06:16 AM

592 posts, read 2,532,688 times
I have hired work release offenders, hired ten to pour and finish 42 yards of concrete. On a 90 degree day, most everyone there worked like dogs, didn't complain, did a decent job, and all were polite and appreciative. I've never had a chance, nor would I if the opportunity arose, hire an illegal alien.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:47 AM

786 posts, read 4,229,394 times
You have to give the recently released fron Jail a chance to get back into society or they will just go back to crime. If the government says the person is legal, give them a chance. No hiring of illegals.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:12 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,691,681 times
I would hire someone recently released from jail in a heartbeat, providing they were not convicted of a violent crime such as rape, child abuse or the like. I would do the work myself before I would hire an illegal alien.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:43 AM

451 posts, read 1,016,442 times
Yes, I would hire Paris Hilton

Old 06-08-2007, 12:14 PM

14 posts, read 40,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
Yes, I would hire Paris Hilton
In agreement with that...plus, special uniform!

Old 06-08-2007, 12:29 PM

14 posts, read 40,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Yes, I would hire an inmate incarcerated for petty crimes. No, I would never hire an illegal alien for any reason.
To give a job to a prison inmate or paroled inmate may be the path for them to a crime free life.

aka - hypocritical....

The point is illegal immigration is a complicated situation. You have people who come here illegally but are able to adjust their status that is within the law, such as one seeking refugee or asylum status. Then you have people who come here legally, but under false pretenses by their sponsor. Then you have children of illegal parents who only know this country as their home and cannot adjust their status. Then you have those who are caught, deported, and attempt to reenter the US. Then you have those who have entered the US without inspection only once but have been here for several years, married, have kids, and maybe a U.S. Citizen spouse. Different situations require different solutions, apply the facts to the circumstances in order to adhere a fair and impartial decision. Change the law as being more fair and equitable. This would also include the petition process for those attempting to enter the US legally.

Last edited by whitenegro; 06-08-2007 at 01:44 PM..

Old 06-08-2007, 03:08 PM

2,058 posts, read 4,312,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Ummmm... how do you know they're ILLEGAL by walking past a construction site? Do you stop to check their paperwork, or simply assume that all Hispanic or Spanish-speaking people are illegal? And don't give me the old "it's obvious" answer, because that's the same as assuming or stereotyping. That being said, I would consider hiring a released inmate if insurance allowed - if I owned a company (I work for the government, so it's a moot point in reality), I'd be more concerned with how hard they work, and whether they're honest. Everyone deserves a chance, even those pesky immigrants.
I based the statement on local news reports which stated that Illegal construction workers gather in the early in the A.M. in front of the local
7-11 waiting for work.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 AM

7,731 posts, read 11,948,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Some say that Illegal works are doing the work that Americans will not do. But what about Inmates serving time for petty crimes and are allowed work release because of their good behavior? They deserve a chance to work and learn a skill, don't they? I do not know the exact number, but my guess is that that there are a sufficient number of inmates to do the job and replace illegal workers. Work release inmates are American citizes, paid pay taxes and have paid or are paying their debt to society. They just made bad decisions, like all of us. Seems like every time I walk past a construction site and see so many illegal workers, I cannot help from wondering why work release inmates are not trained and doing these jobs.

Hey, that is just my opinion.
Not a Jail Release Worker.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:51 PM

233 posts, read 389,907 times
Default Will you then

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPONGE4LIFE View Post
I would hire an illegal, MOST only break the law because they need money to provide for themselves and their family. I know it hurts, but it's the TRUTH. When I become a real estate developer, I will hire them in groves, and pay them above minimum wage.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++
Will you then sell that same said house for the lower price it cost you to build it (paying above minimum but not the usual rate)...................or will you be taking the large profits you made using that cheaper labor, smiling all the way to the bank at the expense to your fellow Americans, and if thats the case seems like you enjoy slave labor, never mind the illegality of your hiring practices.....................yup I always want to have a know lawbreaker working with me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or