Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:22 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,526,489 times

Advertisements

What is WRONG with these people? Granted, I don't like the idea of people dying, but they make the decision to cross illegally into this country. What would be a more humane approach would be to post pictures of all those dead in the desert and waterways early along the path for others to see so they will turn around and go back home and hopefully pass it on to other potential illegal aliens: "Don't cross here-you will die!" Giving them "help" is also helping our terrorists and drug smugglers!

Quote:
Late last year, he swam across the All-American Canal to protest the drowning deaths of hundreds of illegal immigrants in that waterway.
He and another activist swam across the canal, which carries water from the Colorado River to San Diego County, to string safety buoys that illegal immigrants could use to cross the water safely.
REGION: Ten years later, Water Station work continues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 10:32 AM

131 posts, read 218,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
What is WRONG with these people? Granted, I don't like the idea of people dying, but they make the decision to cross illegally into this country. What would be a more humane approach would be to post pictures of all those dead in the desert and waterways early along the path for others to see so they will turn around and go back home and hopefully pass it on to other potential illegal aliens: "Don't cross here-you will die!" Giving them "help" is also helping our terrorists and drug smugglers!

Notice that one is a teacher and the other is a relative of a politician.

These people are out of touch with the segment of the population that pays the taxes.
Their paychecks ARE taxes, they are insulated from the destruction these illegals are doing to the economy and the incomes of taxpayers.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:11 AM

50,057 posts, read 46,562,994 times
If they care so much about them how about organize them into protests against the Mexican Govt instead of the American tax payers? Maybe cut a check from their own pockets? It is so easy to spend other people's money.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:54 PM

39,792 posts, read 26,275,683 times
WTF? Hey, why don't we help all the other criminals around get away with their crimes as well?

Anyone know where to get some baby alligators?

With regard to the water stations in the link...those plastic barrels would make nice reactive targets.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:08 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,026,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post

The reminder of death is present throughout their journey. There are dead bodies along the way. Sometimes the heat is too much that they get cramps on their feet and legs. It makes it even more difficult to walk but it's either you walk or you die. Sometimes coyotes leave them there to die. The constant reminder of death is always present.

Regarding the water, some leave water for them to drink, so they won't die and others poison the water to kill them.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:11 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,026,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
WTF? Hey, why don't we help all the other criminals around get away with their crimes as well?

Anyone know where to get some baby alligators?

With regard to the water stations in the link...those plastic barrels would make nice reactive targets.
Are you serious? Crossing the border illegally compared to murder in the first degree...who is the real criminal? I remind you that crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Are you serious? Crossing the border illegally compared to murder in the first degree...who is the real criminal? I remind you that crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor.

Second time around, a felony, which happens more often than not. They are criminals the second they step foot onto American soil. Obtaining false documents, false ID's, their criminal behavior continues into felonious behavior.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:04 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,987,670 times
Quote:
The reminder of death is present throughout their journey. There are dead bodies along the way. Sometimes the heat is too much that they get cramps on their feet and legs. It makes it even more difficult to walk but it's either you walk or you die. Sometimes coyotes leave them there to die. The constant reminder of death is always present.

Regarding the water, some leave water for them to drink, so they won't die and others poison the water to kill them.
It is the choice of an illegal alien to cross a dangerous area; I have no sympathy for their deaths since they are flagrantly breaking the law--------the ones I do feel sorry for are minor age children being dragged across by their parents in the above conditions.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It is the choice of an illegal alien to cross a dangerous area; I have no sympathy for their deaths since they are flagrantly breaking the law--------the ones I do feel sorry for are minor age children being dragged across by their parents in the above conditions.
A despicable common practice, you know, high family values and all....
Regarding being reminded of death along the way without visual reminding, I doubt it. The only thing they are "reminded of" are the stories being told about how they can come to America and suck off of the golden teet of our Social Service system. Put the pictures out there, at the beginning of the border and along the paths. It will deter them for sure. Better yet, militarize the border and they won't even have to be "reminded" that coming into the US illegally does not pay.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:13 AM

50,057 posts, read 46,562,994 times
Quote:

I know of two environmental groups that regularly dump and pack out all the trash, including the water bottles and tanks. I've been out riding and most of those water barrels are full of holes from random shooters. The ones that don't get shot are full of mosquito larvae and other scary things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration