Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
A mule is a cross between a male donkey and a horse. Unless the drug trafficker is using this animal to ferry the drugs across, the you will not find the word Legal or Illegal "Mule" in any Federal trafficking laws.
You are grasping at straws.

The phrase 'undocumented immigrant' is not used under Federal law but is an accepted term in practice. The Feds say illegal alien pertaining to unauthorized people here in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 10:29 AM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
A mule is a cross between a male donkey and a horse. Unless the drug trafficker is using this animal to ferry the drugs across, the you will not find the word Legal or Illegal "Mule" in any Federal trafficking laws.
Nor the term Coyote but they exist. I thought you knew about illegal immigration, smuggling and their terms and buzz words.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:32 AM

171 posts, read 212,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you implying the drug cartels are only here to supply “goods” to Americans? Are you also defending them as you do illegal aliens who come here to work?

If I’m not mistaken, drug cartels are terrorizing Mexico. They are now in this country, and will wreak the same havoc if not stopped. The corrupt Mexican government colludes with these monsters; so yes, they should be considered state-sponsored terrorists.

I don't believe he was defending anyone, I think he was stating facts. Illegal aliens wouldn't be comiing here to work if no one was hiring them!! duh. You need to speak to the rich that have them working in their Offices cleaning!! Every building i'm in there are "non english speaking" people working there!! Every McDonalds. The rich hire them and the poor has to deal with them!! Now they are getting out of control and the gov't is held responsible?? When are we the people take responsiblity for our land!! I am very concerned about he gangs. But, I was concerned years ago!! Now you want everyone to worry because your endangered!!! Our jobs were endangered!!

Old 04-16-2010, 10:32 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,308 times
It does not surprise me criminals using vehicles, apparel and the such to impersonate LE. It is used in war tactics as well. They are more organized than just thugs on the street and I hope our government keeps a close eye on this and secures our borders before the spillover becomes out of control.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:33 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
I dare you to Google USCIS, then in the search engine enter “drug mule.” Go on, make my day.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
I don't believe he was defending anyone, I think he was stating facts. Illegal aliens wouldn't be comiing here to work if no one was hiring them!! duh. You need to speak to the rich that have them working in their Offices cleaning!! Every building i'm in there are "non english speaking" people working there!! Every McDonalds. The rich hire them and the poor has to deal with them!! Now they are getting out of control and the gov't is held responsible?? When are we the people take responsiblity for our land!! I am very concerned about he gangs. But, I was concerned years ago!! Now you want everyone to worry because your endangered!!! Our jobs were endangered!!
And that is changing, trust me. Especially here in Arizona as well as Oklahoma.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:39 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Quote:
mule1   /myul/ Show Spelled[myool] Show IPA
–noun
1.the sterile offspring of a female horse and a male donkey, valued as a work animal, having strong muscles, a body shaped like a horse, and donkeylike long ears, small feet, and sure-footedness.Compare hinny1.
2.any hybrid between the donkey and the horse.
3.Informal. a very stubborn person.
4.Botany. any sterile hybrid.
5.Slang. a person paid to carry or transport contraband, esp. drugs, for a smuggler.
6.a small locomotive used for pulling rail cars, as in a coal yard or on an industrial site, or for towing, as of ships through canal locks.
7.Also called spinning mule. a machine for spinning cotton or other fibers into yarn and winding the yarn on spindles.
8.Nautical. a large triangular staysail set between two masts and having its clew set well aft.
9.Numismatics. a hybrid coin having the obverse of one issue and the reverse of the succeeding issue, or vice versa.
10.Biology. a hybrid, esp. one between the canary and some other finch.

Mule | Define Mule at Dictionary.com

Acting like you don't know how a word is being used is really sinking to a new level even for you. I seriously have to question your honesty if you are pretending that you don't know what a "mule" is in relation to drug trafficking.

Whether or not the specific term is used in legal jargon is not the point - but you can put a saddle on it and ride it until the cows come home.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:41 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
I have no fear of an illegal alien peasant threatening my livelihood. Furthermore, the discussion is Mexican drug cartels.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times
Its hard to win any battle without adapting to received measure of strategy. When in Rome.
Idea :
Create a special team of disguised aliens and send out groups to key destinations with
....."Horror Stories".......

Old 04-16-2010, 10:56 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’ll try to make this simple.

1. A foreign national who is in this country without permission, is by definition, an illegal alien. All illegal aliens are covered under our immigration laws.

2. In addition to our immigration laws, we have laws governing other criminal behaviors, which generally fall under the purview of our local police departments.

3. Within our police departments, we have separate divisions to handle robbery, rape, homicide, narcotics, arson, fraud, domestic violence, prostitution, gangs, etc.

4. We also have federal agencies such as the DEA and ATF. These agencies focus primarily on criminals involved in drug and arms trafficking, including illegal foreign nationals.

5. Various agencies, will at times, work in tandem to apprehend and prosecute criminals. Again, both citizen miscreants as well as illegal foreign nationals.

6. Illegal alien drug traffickers, be they members of a cartel or members of a street gang, are still illegal aliens.

7. Drug cartel membership, does not, I repeat, DOES NOT negate nor alter immigration status.

Bottom line: The scope of an illegals’ criminal behavior will dictate which agencies will have jurisdiction over their case at a given time. Thus, it is possible for USCIS, ICE, DEA, ATF, local homicide and narcotics to all have involvement with an individual illegal alien criminal. The result may be a conviction on one or more charges, incarceration at a federal facility, and ultimately deportation.
if you need to make the link between illegal aliens/illegal immigration and drug cartels to demand immigration laws need to be changed, Ill leave it at that.

its up to you to change "immigration laws" dealing with drug trafficking and drug cartells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration