U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 02:38 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
So, only Mexican anchor babies? I fail to see this correlation. In the keywords: congress, security, Mexican? Why is Mexican apart of the keywords? Have we forgotten that not just Mexicans are illegal aliens?
And the link at the bottom is an anti-illegal group. If truth be known I hardly doubt there is that much conern over any other Illegals other than Mexican, but they will continue to preach the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 02:40 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
And the link at the bottom is an anti-illegal group. If truth be known I hardly doubt there is that much conern over any other Illegals other than Mexican, but they will continue to preach the other.
Speaking for myself: an Anchor is just that---------a US born child (of any race/ethnicity) to parents who are both here illegally.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:41 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Why would the child be left behind? Children of Mexican immigrants arnt allowed into Mexico?
where did you hear that?

Old 04-05-2008, 02:49 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
If you were born here, you had all kinds of opportunities to study, if you opted for being a laborer of whatever trade, then you are exposed to competition from the bottom up, people that are likely more motivated.
This is a market economy, and only the most competitive survive. Migrant workers with their anchor babies assure us that there is an effort being made
for the earned money.
For this reason we may all forget that there are going to be any ammendments to the constitution, we need the migrant workers with their anchor babies!
Barinnas, with that same reasoning, if American citizens want to compete with migrants, we should consider living several families to a house, not having auto insurance, using the ER's for free health care. Is that the point you are trying to get across.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:18 PM

451 posts, read 235,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Speaking for myself: an Anchor is just that---------a US born child (of any race/ethnicity) to parents who are both here illegally.
Anchors babies are U.S. citizes with all the rights and responsibilities that it confers, like the rest of us they are, and will be, protected by the constitution

Old 04-05-2008, 03:20 PM

451 posts, read 235,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Barinnas, with that same reasoning, if American citizens want to compete with migrants, we should consider living several families to a house, not having auto insurance, using the ER's for free health care. Is that the point you are trying to get across.
well mr gator, we need to make sure that our country keeps moving, whatever it takes, and the migrant workers bring a lot of energy to the work-force

Old 04-05-2008, 03:32 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Quote:
well mr gator, we need to make sure that our country keeps moving, whatever it takes, and the migrant workers bring a lot of energy to the work-force
I prefer legal migrants. They cause less problems.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:33 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I certainly do not 'need' a bunch of lawbreakers here illegally in my country.

The hammer is coming down to the illegals and their enablers.

If that annoys you so much; I am sure that you would be much happier outside the USA
You and your invisible hammer.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Anchors babies are U.S. citizes with all the rights and responsibilities that it confers, like the rest of us they are, and will be, protected by the constitution
Suffice to say: I will not be surprised that the Anchor Baby loophole will be closed (grandfathering in the existing ones)-------it has already occurred in both France and Ireland in just the last 15 years

Old 04-05-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You and your invisible hammer.
Beware said 'invisible' hammers---------one may wind up getting nailed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration