U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:03 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneknowsmyname View Post
manors? what is this word? do you mean "a large country estate with land?" or are you referring to something else?
...not that you would get it but it was spelled like they would pronounce it. Find something of substance to comment on.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:51 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,017,866 times
Quote:
Unfortuntately, it will take more than your merely stating this to convince me that your claims are factual.
And here we have a paradox from City-data.com. We are not allowed to use copywritten material, so much of what one reads here is based upon personal observation, augmented by the occasional excerpt or link. This works splendidly for most of the threads, which after all are prompted upon relocators' quest for insiders' takes on locales.

Where one has no paradox is when the majority of statements start to add up so cohesively that, as with different journalism sources, you must surmise that this is indeed going on. Herein, you'll note a massive convergence of agreement amongst myriad posters. Legal immigration is good for our country, illegal immigration inescapably harms everyone sooner or later, right now in present day U.S.A., 2007.

Nooneknowsmyname, I live in Los Angeles, ground zero for illegal immigration at 300 entering daily, and live in the lower end of the economic scale, unlike the ivory tower types that support illegals (literally and figuratively.) I live with illegals, with a before and after their presence basis of comparison.

Illegals here never miss an opportunity to show their resentment of anyone not from their home country, whether it be with rudeness, trashing or destruction of property. All laws are ignored, large or petty, because they broke a biggie entering illegally and feel as though if they got away with this, they can get away with anything. They depress wages for Americans desperate for entry-level jobs. They bring their misogyny with them, and lack of concern for health and safety standards ingrained here. I have seen more cruelty to women, children and animals by them than anywhere else in the U.S.A. that I've ever been to.

In the last seven years, foreign nationals have totalled three of my cars, two of them illegals with no driving licenses; furthermore, 90% of the people I know here have been in accidents caused by them as well. They have caused our emergency centers to close by non-emergency usage, and have over-taxed citizens for services that we ourselves will never receive. Real, live first person observation of friend with cancer at county hospital- Staff to stricken friend, upon being asked the ballpark costs:"Your complete cancer operation and treatment will be about $30,000.00. If you were illegal, it would be $300."

Lastly, in this country of people from origins all over the globe who've learned English so that we can all understand one another and work together in our common American experience, I live amongst people here who actively campaign that English is not necessary for anything whatsoever. I go for days without hearing it unless I speak to friends or work clients over the phone. Elsewhere in the world, everyone wants to learn the language of international commerce, English, except here in Los Angeles, where foreign nationals spit at me, a middle-aged woman, passing by innocently as a pedestrian while they hiss at me in a foreign language.

The deliberateness of these lawbreakers is indefensible.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:09 PM

8,575 posts, read 13,453,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
And here we have a paradox from City-data.com. We are not allowed to use copywritten material, so much of what one reads here is based upon personal observation, augmented by the occasional excerpt or link. This works splendidly for most of the threads, which after all are prompted upon relocators' quest for insiders' takes on locales.

Where one has no paradox is when the majority of statements start to add up so cohesively that, as with different journalism sources, you must surmise that this is indeed going on. Herein, you'll note a massive convergence of agreement amongst myriad posters. Legal immigration is good for our country, illegal immigration inescapably harms everyone sooner or later, right now in present day U.S.A., 2007.

Nooneknowsmyname, I live in Los Angeles, ground zero for illegal immigration at 300 entering daily, and live in the lower end of the economic scale, unlike the ivory tower types that support illegals (literally and figuratively.) I live with illegals, with a before and after their presence basis of comparison.

Illegals here never miss an opportunity to show their resentment of anyone not from their home country, whether it be with rudeness, trashing or destruction of property. All laws are ignored, large or petty, because they broke a biggie entering illegally and feel as though if they got away with this, they can get away with anything. They depress wages for Americans desperate for entry-level jobs. They bring their misogyny with them, and lack of concern for health and safety standards ingrained here. I have seen more cruelty to women, children and animals by them than anywhere else in the U.S.A. that I've ever been to.

In the last seven years, foreign nationals have totalled three of my cars, two of them illegals with no driving licenses; furthermore, 90% of the people I know here have been in accidents caused by them as well. They have caused our emergency centers to close by non-emergency usage, and have over-taxed citizens for services that we ourselves will never receive. Real, live first person observation of friend with cancer at county hospital- Staff to stricken friend, upon being asked the ballpark costs:"Your complete cancer operation and treatment will be about $30,000.00. If you were illegal, it would be $300."

Lastly, in this country of people from origins all over the globe who've learned English so that we can all understand one another and work together in our common American experience, I live amongst people here who actively campaign that English is not necessary for anything whatsoever. I go for days without hearing it unless I speak to friends or work clients over the phone. Elsewhere in the world, everyone wants to learn the language of international commerce, English, except here in Los Angeles, where foreign nationals spit at me, a middle-aged woman, passing by innocently as a pedestrian while they hiss at me in a foreign language.

The deliberateness of these lawbreakers is indefensible.
Your story comes from experience , not a one sided agenda it so appears. Reality is whats needed here, not just a political agenda. More and more liberals are starting to see the light !

Old 06-11-2007, 01:26 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,136,734 times
If any of these illegals think that somehow obtaining legal status by breaking the law in masses then demanding legal status because we canít deport them they are only hurting themselves and other Hispanics.

Some how they think that legal status will benefit them instead it hurts all Hispanics. For now these illegals are separate form the legal citizens and the low pay is somehow justified since they now fear deportation. Once they are legalized by this amnesty we will still need low paid workers and since you canít tell the difference all Hispanics will be destined to these low paid jobs.

Americans will for generations remember the injustice of this amnesty and they will make sure Hispanics remain on the bottom of the labor pool.
Care full what you wish for.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
Quote:
Unfortuntately, it will take more than your merely stating this to convince me that your claims are factual.
I tried sending message to you but system would not work. It's hard to live in a state of fear when older because of death threats to innocent person you love who was attacked and phoned police. Please check out statistics for L.A. crime surge, that 1 in 4 illegals have criminal record...they are mostly from Mexico's poor.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Uh, Saganista is from Northern Virginia. If you can find Washington D.C. on a map, it's a little west of there...
Sorry, I thought you were from the Bay area of CA. Come to L.A. and see what life is like.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:33 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,161,439 times
Newt Gingrich had this to say today:

"Americans Do Not Change Our Values to Fit Government Failures"

Old 06-11-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
No, not always. Only when I mean to refer to the US as you all have attempted to hijack and redefine it, establishing your own imposed rules and qualifications that lead you to suggest that Americans like me should head south of the border. Trying to turn America into your own little private club is what you all are about. Your response to Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free is Not in My Back Yard.
Your extreme left liberal agenda is not convincing anyone here and increasingly fewer in America. The 'give me your poor' quote in 1883 was written to help Jews and Russian immigrants of that time, it was certainly not written for letting in present day foreign illegals who have MASS INVADED America by paying their way here to use our government system for their gain as well as their families in homelands, and in doing so they are 'greatly' hurting American citizens and our country.

Last edited by faith10; 06-11-2007 at 04:09 PM..

Old 06-11-2007, 09:22 PM

300 posts, read 1,720,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
...not that you would get it but it was spelled like they would pronounce it. Find something of substance to comment on.
Hate to disagree, but my comment was substantive because not knowing what you intended to convey made it imposible for me to understand your point completely. Thanks for your explanation as I had no idea what you trying to convey.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:30 PM

4,742 posts, read 7,533,583 times
Illegals are just here to do the molesting, er, I'm sorry, jobs, American won't do. Yes, there are plenty of American citizen molesters, scum that they are. But do we really need to import more into the county than we already have? Whichever candidate for the 2008 Presidential election has the gonads to take a stand against this illegal immigrant nonsense - wins, hands down!!! Our current Presidente needs to be removed. He is not representing us - he needs to get the hell out of town. Maybe he would like to take his family and move to Mexico. What a jerk - thanks for all who voted for this pro-illegal immigration idiot (and yes, John Kerry is a jerk, too.). We need a President who represents the American Citizens of the United States of America, not the government of Mexico!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or