Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

I agree, we do need reform.
1. End the wet foot dry foot policy.
2. raise the minimum standard of what is an acceptable immigrant.
3. If an immigrant commits a felony they should be deported as soon as they are found guilty.
4. End birth right citizenship.
5. applicants who have legal citizens to sponcor them should get fast tracked.
This is the reform that we need. What we don't need is for a free pass to known illegals who have proven themselves to be dishonest criminals. That means 100% of all illegals should be denied even temporary legal status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 08:11 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Sarah Palin is for pathway to citizenship...seems like a lot of political women are...

Quote:
To clarify, so you support a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants?
I do because I understand why people would want to be in America. To seek the safety and prosperity, the opportunities, the health that is here. It is so important that yes, people follow the rules so that people can be treated equally and fairly in this country.

Republican vicepresidential candidate Sarah Palin interview on Univision - Sarah Palin - Página 2

I wonder if she was Hispankering...

Old 04-17-2010, 08:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Sarah Palin is for pathway to citizenship...seems like a lot of political women are...

Republican vicepresidential candidate Sarah Palin interview on Univision - Sarah Palin - Página 2

Of course she is, just like both parties do. I have no use for Palin even though I am a Republican. Not only is she just like every other hispandering politician but she is an idiot to boot. Just the sound of her voice sends me running for cover. By the way, have you noticed the number of females in this forum that vehemently oppose amnesty for illegal aliens?

Old 04-17-2010, 08:38 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
A path to Citizenship is NOT the same as an Amnesty and it has a spectrum that shifts by millions of people. Adding more workers with green cards is ok for areas we need them (ag). Giving a walk free amnesty to all the criminal trespassers sucking our wallets dry via social services? No way Jose.

The path Pro-Illegals speak of is the walk free one for 12 million. The one I prefer is adding about 500 thousand ag workers. The rest can go kick the can down the road back to Mexico and Guatemala.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:42 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:

Is that all you’ve got? Sarah Palin?

I don’t care who supports amnesty, I don’t. Some of us have the mental capacity to think for ourselves; unlike sheeple who acquiesce to the demands of their leaders, even to their own detriment.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:02 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Is that all you’ve got? Sarah Palin?

I don’t care who supports amnesty, I don’t. Some of us have the mental capacity to think for ourselves; unlike sheeple who acquiesce to the demands of their leaders, even to their own detriment.
Mrs. Palin is the Darling of the Tea party movement, I thought that the anti-immigration gang were tryng to latch on to the Tea Party and its leaders.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:28 AM

563 posts, read 518,876 times
Ship them all back. By the way, quick question out there, who is spending more of our money, President Obama or His Wife? How many people does she need on staff? She is not that important of a person to need that many people.

Until we get our economy back on track, she should be given no more than 4 or 5 people on staff for her if that and curb all of her traveling on our dimes. She does not need to go to Haiti or Mexico right now.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:56 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Mrs. Palin is the Darling of the Tea party movement, I thought that the anti-immigration gang were tryng to latch on to the Tea Party and its leaders.
You thought wrong, again.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
There is no anti-immigration gang. There are only Americans opposed to illegal immigration. The Tea Party members I am sure are not all anti-amnesty either.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
And you do not see a problem with these two, hmmmmmmmmmm ok, lets just see what else they will do, double trouble in my opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration