Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 01:22 PM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times

Advertisements

Ok, I've seen enough. Anyone still not want all law enforcement involved now? How about the military?

Mexican drug cartels threaten U.S. Border Patrol Agents - place a bounty on their lives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 01:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
First, they’re cloning BP vehicles. Now, they’re putting hits on our agents. If we don’t militarize our borders against these savage terrorists, no citizen of this country will be safe.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ok, I've seen enough. Anyone still not want all law enforcement involved now? How about the military?

Mexican drug cartels threaten U.S. Border Patrol Agents - place a bounty on their lives
I swear the drug cartels and, by extension, Mexico itself has a death wish. Those idiots are going to goad us to the point that we (the US) WILL go into Mx proper and 'clean house'.

Tick tock............

Old 04-16-2010, 02:10 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times
We need to have armed military guards along the border. It needs to be treated like a "war zone", because it is a war zone.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:38 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Instead of worrying about Iraq and Afghanistan half a world away, I think that it's time that we start worrying about our own shores, and borders. I think it's about time that we get tough with Mexico, and tell them to deal with the problem, or we will do it for them!

I have no issues with immigrants that want to come here legally, and go through the necessary channels to obtain the rights to live and work here, just as my ancestors did. However; the ones that come here illegally, especially the ones with criminal intent need to be shipped back!!!

Old 04-16-2010, 02:41 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
There's no way a drug cartel could whip the US military. I'd really love to see them try. As long as they don't attempt to reign in their force and allow them to go all out gonzo on them.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:55 PM

894 posts, read 1,126,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I have no issues with immigrants that want to come here legally, and go through the necessary channels to obtain the rights to live and work here, just as my ancestors did.
I agree with this. I have no problem with people that don't break the laws by entering the country legally.

I do however have a problem with the people that break our laws and enter the country illegally.

I would never illegally cross the border into another country and demand them to feed me, clothe me, give me health care, and care for my child.

I'm blind 100% -- as in, I can't see a thing. But you know what? I work and I work damned hard. I pay for my own food, my own health care, and take care of my child all on my own and I don't take any Government handouts because of my disability.

I'm self-employed (own my own business) and when I file my taxes I don't even claim the tax breaks I get for being blind. The reason I don't claim those are, IMO -- if I am "able-bodied" enough to earn wages to support myself, I do NOT qualify for Govt. support.

That kind of "help" should be given only to those that are not "able-bodied" enough to work and earn a livable wage.

Too bad the fence-jumpers don't have this same sort of "pride" ...

Old 04-16-2010, 03:33 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
I agree with this. I have no problem with people that don't break the laws by entering the country legally.

I do however have a problem with the people that break our laws and enter the country illegally.

I would never illegally cross the border into another country and demand them to feed me, clothe me, give me health care, and care for my child.

I'm blind 100% -- as in, I can't see a thing. But you know what? I work and I work damned hard. I pay for my own food, my own health care, and take care of my child all on my own and I don't take any Government handouts because of my disability.

I'm self-employed (own my own business) and when I file my taxes I don't even claim the tax breaks I get for being blind. The reason I don't claim those are, IMO -- if I am "able-bodied" enough to earn wages to support myself, I do NOT qualify for Govt. support.

That kind of "help" should be given only to those that are not "able-bodied" enough to work and earn a livable wage.

Too bad the fence-jumpers don't have this same sort of "pride" ...
I commend you for your values, of Yourself and your Country.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:40 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,949 times
Quote:
DHS headquarters said gang members might issue a “green light” to murder law enforcement officers in the Texas and other U.S. border areas
Another story to rile the troops. The Border Patrol are on alert. reading phony stories like this must be like reading scarry stories...

Old 04-17-2010, 07:12 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Another story to rile the troops. The Border Patrol are on alert. reading phony stories like this must be like reading scarry stories...
Your flippant responses regarding those who put their lives on the line for your freedom boggles my mind. I've noticed to pro-illegal aliens only stories printed by approval of La Raza are valid.
These brave men and women need the ability to blow these suckers away, pronto!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration