U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:09 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,278,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
First, they complain because local police are involved in “federal” immigration enforcement (287g). Now, the feds are involved, and they still cry foul.

Targeting Gangs Imperils Immigrant Communities, Advocates Say | Latin America News Dispatch
Their advocates are running out of steam and they WILL turn. Boo hoo

GO AMERICA!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 02:31 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,671,850 times
this is ridiculous! i dont think they are targetting immigrant communities!!! i think they are targetting communities where gangs persist.
and who are they targetting? thugs!!! if you an illegal, then make sure not to BE a thug, look like a thug. dont be tatted all crazy, dont wear baggy clothes, affiliate with other thugs/cholos, dont throw gang signs, dont fly colors, etc etc.

that way the thugs [and thugs with badges] leave you alone.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM

264 posts, read 415,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this is ridiculous! i dont think they are targetting immigrant communities!!! i think they are targetting communities where gangs persist.
Moreover, read the headline: "Targeting Gangs Imperils Immigrant Communities." It doesn't say "targeting immigrant communities."

The more I come across this kind of "journalism", the more I'm becoming a firm believer that there are well organized, foreign backed, distinctly anti-American forces at work here.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 PM

14,306 posts, read 11,948,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post
Moreover, read the headline: "Targeting Gangs Imperils Immigrant Communities." It doesn't say "targeting immigrant communities."

The more I come across this kind of "journalism", the more I'm becoming a firm believer that there are well organized, foreign backed, distinctly anti-American forces at work here.
You got it!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:21 AM

13,769 posts, read 23,038,597 times
Where exactly should the police be targeting gangs? Retirement communities? Country clubs?

One would think they should be targeting gangs in the areas gangs live and frequent. If they happen to be "immigrant" communities - well what does that tell you about said communities???

Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 PM

15,172 posts, read 16,752,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Where exactly should the police be targeting gangs? Retirement communities? Country clubs?

One would think they should be targeting gangs in the areas gangs live and frequent. If they happen to be "immigrant" communities - well what does that tell you about said communities???
You slay me! Sorry I can’t rep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration