Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 06:28 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,534,962 times

Advertisements

OK-we disagree in here, staunchly! I'd really like to try and come up with a viable solution to this problem. Here are just a few questions I am throwing out for discussion. We have hashed these issues until death, any new suggestions?

What do we do with 20 million people here?
"Deport them-Attrition-Amnesty"
Do you have another solution?

How do we stop the influx of continued entrance by illegal immigrants?
Secure the border-Open the border
Do you have another suggestion?

Assimilation:
Required by legally entering-Not enforced by illegal entry
How does one create an atmosphere for assimilation into American culture?

Taking of American jobs.
They do because they work cheap-they will because Americans won't do the work.
Can we create enough jobs for all?

Comprehensive Immigration Reform:
Legalize all illegals with penalties-THEN secure our border
Secure our border-THEN deport them-enforce our laws.
Is there a compromise that satisfies all?

I am looking for an in between which will sit well within both "sides". Where is one or the other going to compromise? Is there ever going to be a grey area which is palpable to either side? Are we always going to just banter back and forth with the same redundant expression of our views? I can't see a budge on my part and am looking for a refreshing approach to this problem for all. I have seen a swing of States taking it upon itsself to enforce governement laws, this seems to be the contention of many. Fair or unfair? Why? Logical solutions please.

I hope someone can convince me to be neither anti nor pro illegal immigration.

Last edited by getout; 04-19-2010 at 07:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration