Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 12:52 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,324,447 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants, drugs found on Catalina Island motorboat | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

--Deputies said three men claimed they had paid a smuggler to bring them to the United States but found what appeared to be multiple bundles, later identified as a "large quantity of marijuana," Parker said.

Coyote abandons undocumented immigrants on Catalina Island | mydesert.com | The Desert Sun

--Keelin said the boat was powered by two 250-horsepower motors and was carrying about 400 gallons of gasoline in 22 containers secreted under the floorboards.

“They were sitting on a bomb, basically,'' Keelin said.

(Strangely, this article ignored the fact that 4000 lbs of drugs were on the boat too...)

Catalina Smuggling Boat: Drugs and 3 Illegal Immigrants Found on Abandoned Motorboat - KTLA

--They also told deputies that they left Mexico with another boat that was carrying seven more men to Los Angeles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 12:58 PM

50,113 posts, read 46,715,694 times
They were a little off course. Catalina has their own issues with Illegals too.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:08 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,324,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They were a little off course. Catalina has their own issues with Illegals too.
Seriously? I haven't been to the island since I was in my teens. I was actually planning to take my kids for a family weekend mini-vacation. What's it like now?

Old 04-21-2010, 08:16 AM

50,113 posts, read 46,715,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Seriously? I haven't been to the island since I was in my teens. I was actually planning to take my kids for a family weekend mini-vacation. What's it like now?
Some local businesses bought into the "cheap labor" ideal, mostly Hotels. Well, when the "workers" came across they brought their crooked off spring with them. If I can find the articles on it I'll ring em up. Let's just say I couldn't believe and Island could have a grafitti problem.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:45 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,514,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

(Strangely, this article ignored the fact that 4000 lbs of drugs were on the boat too...)
Oh no! You mean they aren’t all coming here for the betterment of our country? Then again, these miscreants are a separate issue from illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration