Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Phil Gordon, Mayor of Phoenix said it nicely regarding the bill.

washingtonpost.com

I guess we'll see in November how Arizona really feels.
Thanks for the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 10:02 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Really. Sure it does. Latino not able to "prove" legal status is thrown in jail. I am telling you....the LAW SUITS as a result of this are going to be mind blowing. Watch....lots of lawyers are gonna have work for a long while.
This is so true. I am waiting for the first American "brown" citizen to forget his/her ID and go get some milk and then end up carted off to the slammer.

And then my tax dollars have to go to this idiocy as the lawyers have a field day.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:54 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
Angry Arizona illegal alien bill official pdf form

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/sb1070s.pdf
Before any more people start more fear mongering post on this topic, how about you read the bill before spouting off your fears.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:46 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,242 times
Great idea. I actually did read it earlier tonight. Answered some questions I had.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would not advocate any harassment of the Mexicans. I am FOR the Mexicans. I am for making millions of them LEGAL residents and eventually citizens. The vast majority of them are good people who work hard. I just want to see the laws of the land obeyed and enforced. Many Americans feel that they got burned by the first amnesty in the 80s (Simpson-Mazzoli) that legalized millions of illegal aliens but did nothing to stop millions more from sneaking in. This time, to get amnesty passed, the government is going to have to prove that the laws of the country are going to be strictly enforced.
Not in this recession. Besides: it is fast becoming time to clamp down hard on all immigration a la 1920 again.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:38 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Phil Gordon, Mayor of Phoenix said it nicely regarding the bill.

washingtonpost.com

I guess we'll see in November how Arizona really feels.
Phil Gordon is a rat who needs to be investigated.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:12 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There is`also a test of reasonable suspicion, but a person's ethnicity is not a reason. I just think the Ariz Law could result in more problems than solutions. It obviously will depend on it's application.

Reasonable suspicion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I think you are jumping to step 2 -reasonable suspicion, before taking step 1-Lawful contact.

I think, with the spotlight on AZ in this case, the cops will go out of their way to make sure they are following ALL guidelines. They do not want the negative press.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
This is so true. I am waiting for the first American "brown" citizen to forget his/her ID and go get some milk and then end up carted off to the slammer.

And then my tax dollars have to go to this idiocy as the lawyers have a field day.

Profiling happens everyday and to everyone that comes in contact with a new person they cross paths with and their eyes see.

It is called being human.

When you, I, or any human meets someone for the first time, each is trying to figure out the other from the first glance.

Saying it isn't so, and your living in a dream world.

This is war people, it is not playtime. ID is required during times of war. Would you rather see endearment camps?
The Forefathers and my government, grants me my American rights to bare arms against any invasion of another nation. I'm to that point!

You need to be pissed at the illegals that got you caught up in this mess in the first place. If they were not here, would this even be an issue. Hispanics need to make a choice. Your American, or your not. END OF DISCUSSION!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,162 times
To say I was surprised would be a lie, but I'm deeply saddened by the level of "discussion" here. If you folks used the time you use to come up with "witty" comebacks, personal attacks and emotional rants to actually think about solutions, or to educate those who know less about the issue (yet post anyway ...), this forum would be an amazing place.
One can dream ....
Anyway, what I wanted to ask is for everybody to calm down, lay down the "nazi" analogies and similar absurd ideas, and get back on topic.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration