Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 PM

5,762 posts, read 11,615,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Most Americans with any brains at all will have valid I.D. on them and that would be the end of the story.
That's not a requirement to be out in public in America, though. We don't have a Soviet-style system where people are required to produce their "papers" upon demand.

The new law will have to find a way to respect that reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 10:59 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,735,527 times
Quote:
Most callers to Gov. Brewer favor SB1070 veto

Green Valley resident Martha Belle Fray has been trying for three days to tell Gov. Jan Brewer to veto Senate Bill 1070, authorizing police to question residents about their legal status.

Just this morning the 71-year-old retired therapist tried three times and still she hasn’t been able to get through.

How does she really know what a lot of us feel because she can’t hear from us?” asked Fray, who said she’s worried that Hispanic residents “are going to be hounded and that’s not what this country is about.”
http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/pueb...cc4c002e0.html

You would think from reading these forums that everyone in AZ supported that bill.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:19 PM

313 posts, read 343,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/pueb...cc4c002e0.html

You would think from reading these forums that everyone in AZ supported that bill.
There were a lot of mixed replies on her facebook. She ended up disabling posts on her page. Spineless Republican panderer.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:43 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,292,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
That's not a requirement to be out in public in America, though. We don't have a Soviet-style system where people are required to produce their "papers" upon demand.

That law, if passed, will ended up getting challenged in the supreme court as unconstitutional on the basis that it will be an unseasonable search and seizure to get stopped for looking illegal.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:01 AM

50,155 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That law, if passed, will ended up getting challenged in the supreme court as unconstitutional on the basis that it will be an unseasonable search and seizure to get stopped for looking illegal.
The Pro-Criminals will have it challenged regardless of the verbage. It's what they do. Anything against the ability for criminals to come here ad hoc to live off the tax payer wallet will be challenged.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,289,862 times
Quote:

It against the law to not carry a driver's license while driving a car. Is that equate to being a Soviet-style system? This very same I.D. is carried in most people's wallets everywhere. So what is the big deal to make sure that we all do this? It makes sense. If you become hurt and don't have any I.D. on you how will you be identified and your family notified? We also carry insurance cards, credit cards and all other types of "paperwork" on us already.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpayaso View Post
There were a lot of mixed replies on her facebook. She ended up disabling posts on her page. Spineless Republican panderer.
And the Democrats do their own form of pandering to ethnocentric Hispanics so what is the difference?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 PM

5,762 posts, read 11,615,068 times
Quote:
while driving a car.
We're not talking about car drivers, though.

Quote:
We also carry insurance cards, credit cards and all other types of "paperwork" on us already.
Many do. But that's not a legal requirement imposed upon American citizens.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,716,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They can't strip search them for just standing on a corner or driving home from work. They have to still be in the process of committing a crime, bad driving, drunk in public, etc. I don't think their rights will be abused and I am sure most Mexican Americans will come and go in peace, unless they are enticing the cops to pull them over.
I think everyone should calm down and see how this works for awhile. I am confident if it is abused it will be yanked from the shelf.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
We're not talking about car drivers, though.

Many do. But that's not a legal requirement imposed upon American citizens.
I never said it was. However, most Americans do carry I.D. at all times as I said it just makes sense. If you are injured in a place where you don't know anyone how are you going to be identified and how are your relatives going to be notified?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration