Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 03:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Your numbers are off. There are only about 40-45 million Hispanics in this country including the illegal kind.
That’s a little fact they don’t like to acknowledge. Their numbers are inflated due to massive illegal immigration, coupled with 4+ million anchor births.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 03:52 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That’s a little fact they don’t like to acknowledge. Their numbers are inflated due to massive illegal immigration, coupled with 4+ million anchor births.
And quite a few Americans of 'Hispanic' heritage do not like to admit to it due to either shame or contempt.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:26 PM

126 posts, read 280,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Mexicans and illegals have brought this problem, if it is a problem, on themselves by not learning the english language, and by the fact there are so many illegals in this country. Illegals think they have certain rights here because this is America. The fact is, they don't have rights here because they are common criminals. Like it or not, they have broken the law, they are criminals.

People are misled about immigrants not learning the language, I am fully bilingual, but at times, usually when I don't want people to listen to what I'm saying, I choose to speak spanish, people may then think I only speak spanish, I treasure my knowledge of the english language. The same goes for millions and millions of spanish-americans ...

Old 04-24-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osomd1 View Post
People are misled about immigrants not learning the language, I am fully bilingual, but at times, usually when I don't want people to listen to what I'm saying, I choose to speak spanish, people may then think I only speak spanish, I treasure my knowledge of the english language. The same goes for millions and millions of spanish-americans ...
And the irony is when a Hispanic starts speaking in Spanish for the reasons you stated-----------said Hispanic deflates like a pricked balloon when an Anglo rattles off, say fluent German in response.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Who would want to listen to someone's private conversation? They don't know you so why would they care what you are talking about? That isn't a good excuse not to speak English out in public if you know how to IMO.

I live in Calif. and I tell you everywhere I go Latinos are speaking exclusively in Spanish. Are they all illegals who don't know how to speak English? I doubt it. Many are most likely American citizens who do not want to speak English unless they have to. That to me is a non-assimilation factor.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Anchor babies, whatever number they might encompass, are full blown u.s. citizens. The projected 50 million hispanics for this year census, do not, repeat, do not take in consideration undocumented. Somehow I don't picture undocumented picking-up census forms at the post office, or meeting with an enumerator, telling it all to them, and saying I'm sure "you are not telling la migra, isn't it?"....

Old 04-24-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Anchor babies, whatever number they might encompass, are full blown u.s. citizens. The projected 50 million hispanics for this year census, do not, repeat, do not take in consideration undocumented. Somehow I don't picture undocumented picking-up census forms at the post office, or meeting with an enumerator, telling it all to them, and saying I'm sure "you are not telling la migra, isn't it?"....
Unfortunately, you are correct. Needless to say: the 14th Amendment needs to be reinterpreted to specifically EXCLUDE Anchor Babies.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:47 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:

Oh, so now it’s 50 million? Whatever the amount, it includes, I repeat, it includes illegal aliens. If you can prove otherwise, please do. Perhaps you don’t realize “immigration status” is not, I repeat, is not on the Census form.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Oh, so now it’s 50 million? Whatever the amount, it includes, I repeat, it includes illegal aliens. If you can prove otherwise, please do. Perhaps you don’t realize “immigration status” is not, I repeat, is not on the Census form.
I know benicar, but my point is that the undocumented have a lot of fear from the goverment and they would never allow any of their info disclosed, I am not defending or accusing them, that's just my observation, and beleive me, I know a lot of undocumented. To give you a frame of reference, I worked with the agriculture census in NJ about 15 years ago, and I encountered many people that would not give me info 'cause they did not trust the government, and these were americans many generations over, can you imagine how a scared "mojado" would feel, I'm sure there must be exemptions but only a very small percentage of undocumented.......

Old 04-24-2010, 05:15 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
It is a well known fact that illegal aliens do fill out a census form since status in this country is not asked. Their advocates even encourage them to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration