Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 AM

50,056 posts, read 46,553,810 times

Advertisements

Arizona governor signs nation's toughest immigration bill. What will it mean for California? | Comments Blog | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/comments_blog/2010/04/arizona-governor-signs-nations-toughest-immigration-bill.html - broken link)

Time to fix your own Countries problems, we are no longer you free social service outlet. A great day for Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 12:53 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,101,128 times
Awesome! Way to go Arizonians!! We should all have as much fortitude and guts as you. Nicely done!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:24 AM

It may or may not hold up but the main point is it pushes Obama to actually do something about this mess. In the mean time it gives AZ to chance to clear out as many Illegals as they can.

Amnesty - no
Removal of Illegals - yes

Old 04-24-2010, 08:35 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,526,361 times
I pray California adopt this same law. Can you imagine THAT statement? It would be the loudest and clearest as California is known to be the sanctuary state for illegal aliens. Arizona is a fine example of listening to and hearing it's people. Thank you Gov. Brewer, there's hope for Arizona yet. The issue of racial profiling is ridiculous and absurd. Desperation will spur yet another round of taxpayers wasted money in the courts. These idiots need to be stopped.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:37 AM

634 posts, read 1,553,216 times
I think more states are going to have to take things into their own hands, the federal government is not going to do anything until the states demand attention! I wish Texas would do this, I am fed up with the illegals! Way to go Arizona!!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllenArlingtonPark View Post
I think more states are going to have to take things into their own hands, the federal government is not going to do anything until the states demand attention! I wish Texas would do this, I am fed up with the illegals! Way to go Arizona!!!!

States will still have to enforce their own laws. All the Feds want to do is shirk their responsibilities and keep bringing in more Illegal Mexicans and Guatemalans that we, the tax payers, will have to subsidize while the illegal businesses grab the profits.

If States have to make the environment so harsh Illegals don't want to come, so be it. Think they are getting the message in AZ?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,985,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I pray California adopt this same law. Can you imagine THAT statement? It would be the loudest and clearest as California is known to be the sanctuary state for illegal aliens. Arizona is a fine example of listening to and hearing it's people. Thank you Gov. Brewer, there's hope for Arizona yet. The issue of racial profiling is ridiculous and absurd. Desperation will spur yet another round of taxpayers wasted money in the courts. These idiots need to be stopped.
It is coming...............

Old 04-24-2010, 09:43 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,488,668 times
This is what happens when the government of a country refuses to put the welfare of its citizens above the greed of corporations. If the government won’t do its job, states and citizens will. The governor is absolutely right; we have had enough.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:12 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,092,426 times
One reason I didnt like Bush was because he did very little to address the illegals problem. He instead was quick to criticize the minutemen who were only trying to enforce the LAW. If Obama like Bush has no plan he needs to keep his mouth shut. If he is our leader he needs to lead. If he wont do the job others will and Arizona HAS!

Old 04-25-2010, 12:41 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,340,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
One reason I didnt like Bush was because he did very little to address the illegals problem. He instead was quick to criticize the minutemen who were only trying to enforce the LAW. If Obama like Bush has no plan he needs to keep his mouth shut. If he is our leader he needs to lead. If he wont do the job others will and Arizona HAS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration