U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 AM

17,571 posts, read 7,251,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Yeah, I'm sure all those contractors headed for Home Depot are looking to pay minimum wage plus workmens comp, plus wage tax for day laborers.

Oh Please
Thanks for playing the "I'm too stupid to comprehend" game.

Try firing on all cylinders and get off the gotcha game of partisan bull crap. You know that illegals use false or stolen SSNs, I'm not even going to suggest you do not.

Fake or stolen SSNs do send up red flags which government can discover with some effort, and the day worker guys hanging out at Home Depot were covered by my statement that "the local community and law enforcement will eventually know who the illegals are." It is no secret, even to you, where possible illegals may be located, so I think you might give law enforcement credit for possibly being as well informed on this as someone going by the name of Boompa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 09:43 AM

21,001 posts, read 12,303,736 times
YES....since the racist governor of AZ said there will be no racial profiling then the police would HAVE to have the same number of stops for WHITE people....

So, if you're planning on vacationing in that hot racist stinkhole called Arizona then you better bring your Birth Certificate,NOT a copy because Republicans don't believe copies are legal so if you lost yours in a home move or flood or fire you better NOT go to AZ!!!

You SHOULD be "detained" for suspiciously walking around aimlessly looking at the sights...grouping together on a sidewalk to discuss your travel plans...very suspicious activities...I'd think you were planning a bank job....

AWWW, c'mon....what's 48 hours of jailtime out of your lengthy vacation if ya can nail those illegals!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
YES....since the racist governor of AZ said there will be no racial profiling then the police would HAVE to have the same number of stops for WHITE people....
Of course. And if a spree of bank robberies occurred and the description of the robber was a fat white man, the police would be forced to make the same number of stops for children in baby carriages and Asian grandmother types.

thanks for playing the same tired-assed game as Boompa.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 AM

2,351 posts, read 1,476,583 times
You'll need to be a pasty white Caucasian of British or German extraction. I mean I'm of Greek and French extraction-when I get a little sun I tan up to a deep olive skin. Would I be pulled over?

I just saw the Colbert Report, and he made some excellent points (even for a comedy show) he said that Arizona makes $28 billion dollars off of immigration (legal and otherwise) and that they make up a quarter of the state's workforce, but that the number of immigrants to AZ has dropped off by 18% since 2006 due to a poor economy. The economy of AZ is tied directly to immigration, and that the state will continue to suffer even more so now that it has managed to alienate a quarter of its population-this is all according to Colbert.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:24 AM

1,185 posts, read 1,578,036 times
Good God people, quit with all the whining.

Maybe I should cry when I get pulled over for speeding and I'm asked for my drivers licence. HARASSMENT!!!!!!

How dare the police check to make sure I'm a licensed driver.

See? same thing

Old 04-26-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
You'll need to be a pasty white Caucasian of British or German extraction. I mean I'm of Greek and French extraction-when I get a little sun I tan up to a deep olive skin. Would I be pulled over?

I just saw the Colbert Report, and he made some excellent points (even for a comedy show) he said that Arizona makes $28 billion dollars off of immigration (legal and otherwise) and that they make up a quarter of the state's workforce, but that the number of immigrants to AZ has dropped off by 18% since 2006 due to a poor economy. The economy of AZ is tied directly to immigration, and that the state will continue to suffer even more so now that it has managed to alienate a quarter of its population-this is all according to Colbert.
If true, then all the more reason for improving the worker visa and immigration process. Maybe it takes proper enforcement of our laws to point out to the voters and the deseral government, the inadequacies of our immigration programs.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 AM

21,001 posts, read 12,303,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
Good God people, quit with all the whining.

Maybe I should cry when I get pulled over for speeding and I'm asked for my drivers licence. HARASSMENT!!!!!!

How dare the police check to make sure I'm a licensed driver.

See? same thing
See? You don't get it....it is NOT the same thing

IF you're speeding you are BREAKING A LAW and you should be pulled over and have to prove you have a license...you SHOULD NOT have to prove you are a citizen.

You should NOT be stopped when you are doing nothing....this law gives cops the right and the obligation to do just that....

Old 04-26-2010, 10:41 AM

7,744 posts, read 11,016,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nazi Germany required its citizens to carry papers, too.

Think about it.

As does the democratic and humane Federal Republic of Germany circa 2010.

Think about it.

Not a plug for this law in Arizona. Just a correction.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 AM

8,151 posts, read 2,921,467 times
I thought I could get through this thread but I cant. The nerve of the people on here who nonchalantly say just pull out your papers and prove your a citizen. Are you mad Im black and I guess Ill be next. Ill have to pull out my papers and prove Im not haitan or salmalian white right wingers love this. They can just walk by smiling at the cop as he is rifling through my papers in front of my chlidren like Im a criminal while the glenn beck lover takes my spot in line and buys his tickets and the whole time a big smile and the thought of yeah Im a real citizen.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:05 PM

2,351 posts, read 1,476,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If true, then all the more reason for improving the worker visa and immigration process. Maybe it takes proper enforcement of our laws to point out to the voters and the deseral government, the inadequacies of our immigration programs.
I'm all for enforcement of current laws and enactment of new ones. Illegal immigration upsets me alot. My ancestors came here legally and assimilited into American society, worked in the mills and farms of New England 150 years ago.

I get upset when I see the news and millions of illegals just waltz across the border.

But the Arizona law is completly illegal and unconstitutional. Immigration is a federal issue, and has no basis in state law.

Congress is fully capable of making more than one bill at once. They can do climate change, financial reform, and immigration in a few weeks. Instead the damn Republicans are just sitting by and whining "NO!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration