Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2010, 02:05 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I thought one was supposed to keep one's SS card in a safe place. Why are you pushing carrying a card? Are you proposing a national ID card?
It's a conservative thing, Kat.

You wouldn't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 02:05 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Hey Libs?
How about if they shot your child?
Would you still be so worried about their rights?
Didn't think so.
this is NEWS. crime is commited only by illegals???

Old 04-24-2010, 02:07 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Whatever you do, don't offend the illegals!
Let them set up camp, take over and shoot your kids.
Then pay for their attorneys.
You need to watch "America before Columbus" on the History channel.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:09 PM

530 posts, read 779,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is it better to be shot by a citizen?
LOL no! The poster was mentioning the shooting of children with every post in an illegal immigration discussion, I was just wondering what the statistics were on all these kids being shot by illigals in illinois (as she cited Chicago), curiosity.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If we deport the racists there will be plenty of room for all the decent people who want to come here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Do you have realistic answers to the problems related to immigration? How can our borders be effectively closed? How can we make sure employers aren't employing illegals? Do you realize the cost of actually doing this?

I'm not saying being against illegal immigration is being racist.

I do think that it is an overblown issue meant to pit one group of poor people against another.

Oh.....but you're not saying being against illegal immigration is a racist issue.

"If we deport the racists there will be plenty of room for all the decent people who want to come here"

So what were you saying when you posted this? ^^^

Old 04-24-2010, 02:38 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,008,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It's a conservative thing, Kat.

You wouldn't understand.
Maybe you've never been to the southwest. I for one WELCOME people who come here to be a citizen, play by the rules, get a Green Card, real ID and make themselves a naturalized citizen.

But for every one of them, there are 10-15+ who have fake ID's, full welfare priveleges and they just snuck over from Agua Prieta or Nogalez a year or so ago. This new law also hurts businesses that knowingly hire Illegals.

What part of ILLEGAL (as in, breaking national and international laws) don't some of you understand?

Old 04-24-2010, 03:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
But this law states the cops can stop you if they suspect you are in the country illegally. So people OBEYING the law are subject to being harassed.
How do you know when someone is here illegally? It's not an action you witness, like a store robbery.
Or am I wrong?
Geeze Louise..just bring a copy of your birth certificate for pete's sake.
That proves you were born here..doesn't it ?

Look..the Fed is turning a blind eye to a major problem in the border states so AZ took some action and now all the libs are getting up in arms.

Obama & team will grant amnesty later in the year so just go with the flow for now...ok ?

Old 04-24-2010, 03:15 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
I have one question that I would like folks help me answer.

I am Latino. Specifically Puerto Rican. My family has been "American" since 1898. We have been here a while and have contributed greatly to this country. Also, I'm far from ever being illegal.

OK, so the question is:

When I go to visit Arizona, let's say the Grand Canyon, how should I dress or look to prevent from being suspected of being in the country illegally? What documents should I bring?

I really would not want to waste one second of my precious time being harassed by local government. This bill really puts me on edge for possible harassment.

I mean the governor does't know what an illegal alien looks like, who's to say the cops will.

Latino = Illegal?

Thanks.
What do you normally do when you visit Mexico? Walk around without a passport? I don't think you will have any problem unless you do something illegal and are stopped by the police. In that case, just show your ID, passport, whatever...just like anybody else.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Oh.....but you're not saying being against illegal immigration is a racist issue.

"If we deport the racists there will be plenty of room for all the decent people who want to come here"

So what were you saying when you posted this? ^^^
that I would much rather live with immigrants legal or illegal than Stormfronters and Klansmen like the ones who produced Arizona's bill. They don't stink up the room.

That clear it up for you?

Old 04-24-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
What do you normally do when you visit Mexico? Walk around without a passport? I don't think you will have any problem unless you do something illegal and are stopped by the police. In that case, just show your ID, passport, whatever...just like anybody else.
If you do something illegal, it becomes a different scenario than being randomly stopped on the street because you are the wrong color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration