Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 09:39 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is not being done in a racial profiling way. That is where you and the rest of the pro-illegals go wrong. There should be no racial tension resulting from this. If you are in this country illegally no matter what your racial makeup is you should have nothing to fear.
As a legal citizen, who is of Mexican descent, would you recommend that I walk from Home Depot to my car without an ID on me in AZ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Do I fly everyday? Maybe I find it wiser to leave the I.D. at home? You see it is not a law, so we all have options and FREEDOM.
Your statement was "I never provide I.D. to anyone". Therefore our questions about credit card usage and boarding planes. If you find it wiser to leave your I.D. at home that is your proagative but then don't complain if you are stopped by the police somewhere for a legitamate reason and asked to show your I.D. If you are walking along and a car jumps a curb, hits you and knocks you out there will be no way for LE for identify you or to notify your relatives without I.D. on you. I can think of many instances where carrying I.D. at all times makes sense. If you think it unwise well then I don't think you are considering these possible instances.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
Quote:
As a legal citizen, who is of Mexican descent, would you recommend that I walk from Home Depot to my car without an ID on me in AZ?
If you decide to hang out in front with illegal aliens looking for day labor jobs, I would suggest you carry your ID. Walking to your car does not warrant suspicious behavior. Get real with this issue, Mach, so much drama.

To add, it would not surprise me if someone with this vehement opposition places himself to be sure and act suspicious so they ARE stopped to prove some imagined point to cry foul.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Your statement was "I never provide I.D. to anyone". Therefore our questions about credit card usage and boarding planes. If you find it wiser to leave your I.D. at home that is your proagative but then don't complain if you are stopped by the police somewhere for a legitamate reason and asked to show your I.D. If you are walking along and a car jumps a curb, hits you and knocks you out there will be no way for LE for identify you or to notify your relatives without I.D. on you. I can think of many instances where carrying I.D. at all times makes sense. If you think it unwise well then I don't think you are considering these possible instances.
Maybe I wear a Road ID in case of injury?

I am not required to carry an ID if I don't want to, this is not a police state.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
It would be wise not to do that but then again LE would have to suspect you committed a crime to ask you for it. I would suggest that the white guy trying to pick up day labor at Home Depot carry his I.D. also.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
If you decide to hang out in front with illegal aliens lloking for day labor jobs, I would suggest you carry your ID. Walking to your car does not warrant suspicious behavior. Get real with this issue, Mach, so much drama.

To add, it would not surprise me if someone with this vehement opposition places himself to be sure and act suspicious so they ARE stopped to prove some imagined point to cry foul.

What's dramatic about it? These are real life cases.

And as to your second paragraph, you can almost guarantee that people will be doing this and will be taking it to court.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Maybe I wear a Road ID in case of injury?

I am not required to carry an ID if I don't want to, this is not a police state.
That would cover you if you were injured but not if LE is questioning you as a suspect in a crime.

I never said you had to carry I.D. with you just that is makes sense to do so.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
That would cover you if you were injured but not if LE is questioning you as a suspect in a crime.

I never said you had to carry I.D. with you just that is makes sense to do so.
I don't plan on being a suspect, but more than likely in AZ I would be .

Makes sense to you, you probably drive a lot, I do not.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
What's dramatic about it? These are real life cases.

And as to your second paragraph, you can almost guarantee that people will be doing this and will be taking it to court.
Asinine reaction to a decisive action to stop this unlawful infiltration of illegal aliens. Your motives to me are part of the problem, just admit defeat and move onto the next issue.

Real life cases: Police see suspicious behavior-asks for ID. non produced. Further inquiry=illegal alien=deported. Problem solved.

OR

Suspicious behavior-asks for ID, none produced-further inquiry-here legally. Go home with ticket for whatever crime resulting in suspicious behavior, i.e.-loitering.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:57 AM

Usually I have found that those who protest the loudest have an invested interest in the issue being debated. Rarely is it because of a "heartfelt reason".
My vested interest is to stop paying for those not entitled as well as freeing up jobs for Americans and National Security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration