Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 01:11 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,831,133 times

Advertisements

Check it out:

Republicans abandoning Bush
NBC/WSJ poll: President’s, Congress’ ratings drop to lowest levels ever
By Mark Murray
Deputy political director
NBC News
Updated: 4:30 p.m. MT June 13, 2007

WASHINGTON - As President Bush attempts to revive the controversial immigration reform bill he supports, the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds that Republicans are abandoning the president, which has dropped his job-approval rating below 30 percent -- his lowest mark ever in the survey...

Is ANYONE suprised that Bush's #s are so low?? Amnesty and selling out America to special interests and to Mexican government interests is driving people insane with anger!!

Last edited by Marka; 12-10-2007 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: copyright issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 05:49 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,884 times
Quote:
Is ANYONE suprised that Bush's #s are so low?? Amnesty and selling out America to special interests and to Mexican government interests is driving people insane with anger!!
Nope, I'm not surprized. I can only hope that it works. Keep up the "grassroots movement"!

Old 06-14-2007, 07:10 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
And just one in five believe the country is on the right track, which is the lowest number on this question in nearly 15 years.
Fifteen years ago, eh? Gee, that would be the last time the Republicans had had their hands on the controls for an extended period of time. Sounds like all Republicans do is put this country on the wrong track. Maybe we should learn our lesson and just stop electing them...

Old 06-14-2007, 08:45 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Fifteen years ago, eh? Gee, that would be the last time the Republicans had had their hands on the controls for an extended period of time. Sounds like all Republicans do is put this country on the wrong track. Maybe we should learn our lesson and just stop electing them...
Maybe we should pull our collective political capitol out of our collective a**es and start looking at candidates who will do what is right for this country instead of pushing through their own agenda regardless of what the people want.

As far as I am concerned, this self serving type of "representation" appears in the Democratic party as well and is not limited strictly to Republicans.

I'm ready to say to hell with both parties. Nearly all of them represent only their own interests. We need a third party in this country, perhaps even a fourth or a fifth. The only way to keep our elected representation on track and focused on what they were elected to do by their constituency is to make sure that there are plenty of options for voters come election time.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:33 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yeah I think I remember LBJs war very well....Do you?

Old 06-14-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Maybe we should pull our collective political capitol out of our collective a**es and start looking at candidates who will do what is right for this country instead of pushing through their own agenda regardless of what the people want.
Well, I see this a lot lately. What I used to see a lot was complaints about politicians who had no spine, who were such hollow shells that they had to take a poll to know what they should do about anything. So which is it, I wonder? Listen to the people or do the job you were elected to do?

Keep in mind that we do not live in a democracy. The levels and checks and balances built into our government were put there specifically to put a lid on popular passions, these having been seen by the founders as inconsistent with good governance and with the long-term health of the republic.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Yeah I think I remember LBJs war very well....Do you?
The War on Poverty? Sure...remember it quite well. There was (rather sadly) a good deal of low hanging fruit to be plucked back then, but that War actually worked quite well. At least until Nixon came along. Then success became a harder thing to achieve...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration