U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM

706 posts, read 749,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
It is a big deal. If police wanted to search a house without a warrant, are you one of those people who thinks it is ok?

What about if the government after the OKC bombing decided to stop and question/search any and all White males.
In all likelyhood, if the police ever raided a house without a warrant, all evidence/ info would be tossed out of court.....and can be proven. ( in the case of an immediate threat to a person or persons the rules change) I suppose that someone here knows the law, and will correct me if I am wrong.

According to all police info, McVeigh and Nicholls were in fact "white" so it would make since to me to profile " whites"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 05:26 PM

21,145 posts, read 34,815,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
In all likelyhood, if the police ever raided a house without a warrant, all evidence/ info would be tossed out of court.....and can be proven. ( in the case of an immediate threat to a person or persons the rules change) I suppose that someone here knows the law, and will correct me if I am wrong.

According to all police info, McVeigh and Nicholls were in fact "white" so it would make since to me to profile " whites"...
Michael Fortier looked a bit 'Mexican' so I am surprised that LE did profile him. Note I am being a tad sarcastic re: the second part of my statement.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:33 PM

20,317 posts, read 17,541,710 times
From what I understand it does not. It does allow for those who have broken a law to have to verify their status though.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Michael Fortier looked a bit 'Mexican' so I am surprised that LE did profile him. Note I am being a tad sarcastic re: the second part of my statement.
I think, with all of the info that LEO, had to sort through, they left no option off the table, and through the process of elimination , narrowed it down...quite effectively, I might add.

Gotta go with what you have.

BL

Old 05-16-2010, 05:43 PM

4,799 posts, read 7,285,306 times
Quote:
It is a big deal. If police wanted to search a house without a warrant, are you one of those people who thinks it is ok?

What about if the government after the OKC bombing decided to stop and question/search any and all White males.
Being asked for one's driver's license during a traffic stop cannot be compared to having one's house searched without a warrant. The comparison of the two is ridiculous.

If the liquor store down the street was robbed by a tall, blue-eyed strawberry blonde woman, I would expect that I would be stopped, questioned/and or <GASP> even brought downtown for questioning. If I am innocent, then I should have nothing to fear.

Read the d*mn bill and stop trying listening to the sound bites. Your ignorance is hanging out.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:46 PM

20,317 posts, read 17,541,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Being asked for one's driver's license during a traffic stop cannot be compared to having one's house searched without a warrant. The comparison of the two is ridiculous.

If the liquor store down the street was robbed by a tall, blue-eyed strawberry blonde woman, I would expect that I would be stopped, questioned/and or <GASP> even brought downtown for questioning. If I am innocent, then I should have nothing to fear.

Read the d*mn bill and stop trying listening to the sound bites. Your ignorance is hanging out.
I would rep you if I could.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I would rep you if I could.

I Just repped her...I'll split it with You.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:20 PM

5,358 posts, read 5,768,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamseriouslypissedoff View Post
I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself regarding where I spend my time., or at least act like you possess the ability to understand something that you read.

What gave you the idea that I think "little" of this country? I love this country as much as anyone can. I know you were born here and you think that fact gives you the privilege of loving this country. Well, I had to struggle for years, win a lawsuit, get beaten up a few times and even get tortured for stating my true opinion and my love for this country. So cut me some slack here, I know I am a lower being than you since I am not white but come on...

And you know what, if YOU could go to a third world country and had to live there even for a short while, you would stop acting like a spoilt child and complaining about everything under the sun.

Seriously, I wish racism was something you could just remove from someone. Here I am telling you that you have a beautiful thing in your hands, and some politician and bureaucrats are scaring you into handing it over to them. And you get defensive? Now, why the hell would you do that?

Besides, to those of you talking about the "imaginary database". Wake up, THERE IS NO SUCH THING. The police can not determine my legal status, or for some reason just will not. I know people who got arrested and spent MONTHS in detention just because they did not have their IDs with them and got arrested with the suspicion of being here illegally. They were not issued bond, and months went by before they could see a judge who immediately released them. So what, I am supposed to be ok with spending months in detention?

Something is NOT working here, and you are blinded by either racism or patriotism so bad that you are just unable to see it.

Oh by the way, I am one of the people that the United States would like to keep. I graduated from the top engineering school in the country with honors, and am working on my masters in one of the best graduate schools in the country, and have about 6 standing job offers.

So do not mistake me for one of those who roll over the border into the United States and comment as if you are talking to one of them.
It's only imaginary in your mind. it does exist. if you have a valid drivers license or permit issued in the USA, the persons information can be run easily through the database at the police station via radio or most major cities have computers in the officers patrol car. If you are here under a visa, work permit or other legal residence status but never had a permit or drivers license than you have violated the rule that requires you to carry it with you at all times. The officer is required to identify you when he is conducting an investigation of a crime. This has nothing to do with the new Arizona law.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:50 PM

14,307 posts, read 10,271,742 times
Quote:

This Arizona law is not about searching a house without a warrant. You are going off topic now. If a warrant is required to search a home though then yes I am opposed to searching a house without a warrant. Does that answer your question?

I am sure that when the investigation of the OKC bombing was ongoing that every white male in the U.S. wasn't questioned. There is a thing called leads and the only white males that would have been questioned would be those that fell within those leads. You are getting carried away now with your analogies and grasping at straws.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:54 PM

14,307 posts, read 10,271,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I care, and so should everyone else.

No state, not even Arizona has the right to make a law which make me prove to anyone...that I an american citizen. No where in the Constitution does it say I must show proof of citizenship to any law enforcement official when asked.

I can be asked what is the purpose of my visit or entrance to the US when I visit another country by border patrol and show my Passport, but I choose to travel and am re-entering the country.
Why are you not understanding this law even though it has been explained to you over and over? First, LE stops you for an infraction of a law, second he asks you for valid I.D., third if that is produced then no further questioning is required about citizenship or immigration status. Do you finally get it now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration